Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

What's with the fish?

Why are there so many pfp's with fish? Is it a reference to something I don't get? Please inform me.

@LiT_gam3r It's some sort of picture of a green pixel art fish that people use as a pfp.

Edited by AtticTelephone

I'm not sure I understand the question? Can you be more specific, maybe even post a picture? 

Oh! thanks @dmslr

Hey, @AtticTelephone this question was a pretty simple question that was answered in one post. I recommend checking out this topic down here if you ever have a question like that again. You don't have to use it, but it could help. 

OP's description sounds like the Dopefish, an enemy in the Commander Keen games id was known for. They're kind of an Easter egg in videogames from the mid-90s onward. The fish avatars are a quirk of the community as @dmslr has linked to.

People like fish, and fish like people, nothing fishy going on.

DSM made a lot of these fish avatars for people, he made mine. It's a reference to mewse's avatar, I am unaware of the origin of that however.

If you played DOOM 2D, you must know that in this game fish are enemies. And when they're together, they will kill you.

Oh, these enemies is so difficult. Only rocket launcher can help me.

For a while in the 2000s, it seemed like a majority of the active posters here were using customized edits of the Goldfish Warning fish. It was the original Doomworld anime avatar invasion in a sense, so stealthy that not even most of the people who had them realized it. Truly devious.

I'll be completely honest... Until now I had no idea of what Pinkfish was and I just thought those avatars were Dopefish...

How do you people confuse Dopefish and Gyopi? They're completely different.

Rxo4XVW.png

It was a sort of piss take at teenage boys trying to look cool with their edgy profile pictures iirc

1 hour ago, Vic Vos said:

If there's one thing I absolutely abhor about fishing, it's these fucking mosquitoes.

i always thought they were the best part. Easy to use them to lure some frogs and fry them. I love them extra crispy.

About the fish pfp, i learn to respect those members that still use it. A way to show the longevity of this amazing forums  and the community we are!