Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

The Aspect of Iris (Replacement for the revenant). This is one of the three original designs I had for Doom angels. Her chalice allows her to summon a heat seeking butterfly at a distance and create a rainbow blade up close. 

Iris.gif

Iris-small.gif

That looks really nice! Made from scratch or based on existing sprites?

Some really amazing sprites here. I'm no good at creating custom sprites, I just give the stock and downloaded monsters a recolour and give them new attacks. I got a few  good idea for a new weapons and monsters but like I just said, I'm no good at creating sprites, but the programming side like DECORATE/Zscript and GLDefs I'm good at. 

18 hours ago, THT said:

-snip-

Let me be the first to welcome you back. I have a similar story, been around Doom since the late 90's and only recently came back after many years. I never had an account here though, so you have me beat on that. Damn shame you lost it. 

Oh and best of luck with your new project. It sounds like it will be interesting.

First tentative attempts to render a 3D character down to a sprite. I'm using Build engine proportions on this one, so he's roughly twice the size of a normal doom character. Trying to give him kind of an action figure vibe. I still have much to learn, but I'm very excited with this!

untitled2.png

untitled3.png

Edited by Gifty

@Gifty is that your own model or did you buy it like that? either way, that looks amazing!

Thanks! I've been learning to model myself, this is a guy I've been working on all week. Did the skull in a couple hours, still fiddling with the rest of the body.

Very nice, good job. You want to use twice the res of Doom sprites? Just for this project or always?

6 hours ago, ThrashMetalFanBert94 said:

WIP of ssg guy now revamped

He's gut nothing to lose.
Great rework! Only minor suggestion would be to fatten something else: the 3/4 turn could use a wider barrel to emphasize the heft of the SSG. 

On 7/16/2020 at 6:49 PM, The_Abysswalker said:

Used that as base reference, then drew almost everything by hand or mimicked Pyspy's take on Twitter.

Comparison.png

oh my godddd do you have a full sprite sheet i need that

Hmm I'll share something too. A piece of bloody skull slop, and one as a lollipop for the demons. Feel free to critique and just credit me if used.

Skullslob1.pngSkullslob2.png.8d9ccb38347df83354a458ab1999241a.pngand now for some with less bright blood -> Skullslob3.png.d20746bd776b028a624d2719485e1e1f.pngSkullslob4.png.56053716200aa8ea6c381d3330fc0f02.png

Larger picture that's not for ants:

Spoiler

Szvult5.png

Edited by SuperCupcakeTactics : Edited the lollipop version

1 hour ago, SuperCupcakeTactics said:

Hmm I'll share something too. A piece of bloody skull slop, and one as a lollipop for the demons. Feel free to critique and just credit me if used.

Skullslob1.pngSkullslob2.png.8d9ccb38347df83354a458ab1999241a.pngand now for some with less bright blood -> Skullslob3.png.d20746bd776b028a624d2719485e1e1f.pngSkullslob4.png.56053716200aa8ea6c381d3330fc0f02.png

Larger picture that's not for ants:

Hide contents

Szvult5.png

The face is kinda like Chara's jumpscare from Undertale but nice work.

I'm learning to rig and animate my build-engine-scale 3D skeleton man. You can probably tell I'm not really an animator by trade :P It is getting better, though. Got kind of a Heroes of Might and Magic 3 vibe right now.

0001.gif