Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dmslr

[Challenge] Can you kill 15 cyberdemons in 2 minutes?

If any of you have seen Mr Zzul's (aka Killer5) twitch streams, he does something similar in the beginning of them to warm up I think. 

here's a 1:40 i did last night. suicide rushed the first two cybers and got pretty good reaction times overall. getting any faster than this would be really annoying, good luck to whoever tries.

15cc-140.zip

Loads with "15CC.wad". They're all dead, a couple required 2 to 15 or so extra pistol shots which was annoying (bad BFG shot or bad rolls? or both?). So challenge failed at 2:15, time constraints are my actual demons :P

15cc_gal0215

By the way, I think if each platform was higher/lower enough than the previous it would leave out any chances to be fucked on the back by stray "shooting stars" like it happened once and could have happened a lot of other times had I been in the wrong spot. It's why I stopped moving sometimes in the demo above. 

edit: oh I recorded in cl9, oops, keep that in mind

If you guys don't mind... I can't do UV Max cuz I either fail to 2 shot a cyber demon or die to one. 

15cc UV Speed in 25s, 15cc NM speed in 25s:

15cc.zip

All I do here is hold down the 4 keys for SR50 during both demos. It's faster than SR40, and I don't have to turn at all because each island is a "circle". :p

3 hours ago, dmslr said:

This "challenge" quickly became a speedrunning thing.

That means it's a quality thread if so many Doomgods joined the party :P

I'm glad that I'm not too far behind 4shock, so I'm stoked (Probably 4shock didn't even try hard, haha) :P

I made a version of the challenge wad that displays the sky properly in software renderer mode here. I don't know if it was intended to look like this, but here you have it anyway.

It seems to be working with every submitted demo so far

----

EDIT: Just for the heck of it, I lowered the volume of that pumping midi so that it sounds fine on your normal sound settings without you needing to lower them. I left the bass unchanged, though, it's quite good :P

15CC-3.zip

Edited by Lokatzis 007 CJ

22 minutes ago, Lokatzis 007 CJ said:

I made a version of the challenge wad that displays the sky properly in software renderer mode here. I don't know if it was intended to look like this, but here you have it anyway.

It seems to be working with every submitted demo so far

Oh nice, looks like a texture change was all that was required.

Yeah, I just put the sky texture on the big ceiling, so that the renderer displays it on the boundary wall as well

Well, I also did pacifist, I guess it's 2 tics faster than Starduster's, so may as well include it :D.

I wanted to get a better max time, but Aquasa's time seems quite strong; beatable, but frustratingly so. Instead, I did -fast in 1:32. :P I was trying to get all 2-shots, but I failed one this time and pistol finished the cyb, so not in the spirit of the challenge I guess, but oh well, had enough of this category.

15ccpafa.zip

15 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

Well, I also did pacifist, I guess it's 2 tics faster than Starduster's, so may as well include it :D.

I wanted to get a better max time, but Aquasa's time seems quite strong; beatable, but frustratingly so. Instead, I did -fast in 1:32. :P I was trying to get all 2-shots, but I failed one this time and pistol finished the cyb, so not in the spirit of the challenge I guess, but oh well, had enough of this category.

15ccpafa.zip

2 tics? Lol. Not even gonna mess with that xD gj.

First exit. All 15 cyberdemons were 2-shotted. Time: 1:48.

15cc-148.zip

Video:

I didn't count the number of attempts, but it was a lot. I'd say I spent about two hours grinding this in total.

I'm still not consistent with cyberdemon 2-shotting, but I'm sure I've improved. This run probably has some shots that would have gotten me killed or wouldn't have done enough damage if I got worse RNG. There were actually two runs where I killed 14 cyberdemons and was killed by the 15th; one of these is included in the zip.

5 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

UVfast in 1:23

Oh my lord, now I know why you're making this map, just to bully us :P

It's really impressive! I actually learned something useful from this, so I think I can up my success rate a bit in future 2-shots.

12 hours ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

I wouldn't be able to do it even by typing IDDQD. I am pretty bad at such strange Doom tricks. I didn't do any whatsoever.

For example, Zero Master rockets himself to the finish at map 7 in Doom 2. I tried it a million times by typing IDDQD. I still couldn't do that.

Same for map 4 in Doom 2, where he strangely walks to the exist. I did it a million times as well. It didnt happen.

I am pretty sure that 2 shot thing will never happen when I play as well. Not even by typing IDDQD.

I can't be the only one here who cannot do such strange Doom tricks.

Na you’d be surprised! It’s not that that hard to 2 shot a cyber demon :-)

You just need to hit it with the BFG ball while your pushed right up against him :-) Just make sure he’s in the middle of your screen (the BFG tracers come out at a 45 degree angle so you want all of them to hit him - remember the tracers do most of the damage, not the ball) and you are pressed right up against him when you fire :-P

Maybe go to E2M8, IDDQD and IDKFA and quicksave right in front of the cyber demon so you can just try / reload and you will get the hang of it eventually :-D

Doing 15 in a row is another story though as is those other tricks ZM does :-P

2 minutes ago, DooM Bear said:

You just need to hit it with the BFG ball while your pushed right up against him :-) Just make sure he’s in the middle of your screen (the BFG tracers come out at a 45 or 90 degree angle so you want all of them to hit him - remember the tracers do most of the damage, not the ball) and you are pressed right up against him when you fire :-P

If you took your time to either watch rd's video, or took a look at some of the demos posted here this far, you'd notice that the advice you're giving is genuine bullshit. You fire before pressing up against the cyberdemon, because otherwise you get inconsistent results. Don't believe me? Try beating the map on UV with all cybers dead, and see how far you get with your "method" that relies a lot more on luck than any other consistent technique used by other players.

1 minute ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

If you took your time to either watch rd's video, or took a look at some of the demos posted here this far, you'd notice that the advice you're giving is genuine bullshit. You fire before pressing up against the cyberdemon, because otherwise you get inconsistent results. Don't believe me? Try beating the map on UV with all cybers dead, and see how far you get with your "method" that relies a lot more on luck than any other consistent technique used by other players.

You are 100% correct @Nine Inch Heels :-) 

Just figured that was the easiest way to describe it to someone that had never 2 shot a cyber demon before without getting too technical straight out the gate :-)

Personally, I kinda “weave” around the ball and stand back a just a little bit (keeping the cyberdemon in the 45 degree cone) but adding all those variables can be daunting to a newbie and hard to explain :-D

I made it UVmax in 2:37, but honestly this is really a difficult challenge map. Now i'm practicing UVfast, and I think I can finish it in several days.

23 hours ago, liveincity said:

I made it UVmax in 2:37, but honestly this is really a difficult challenge map. Now i'm practicing UVfast, and I think I can finish it in several days.

Well, finally I succeed. UV fast in 2:00.

15cc uvfast 200.zip

Update: Found extra ammos for the 3rd cyber. However, I fell down after killing the 3rd cyber. I can't even properly see where the telephorts are. I ended up falling. I thought the telephort was there but it wasn't there.

Edit:

On Young to Die difficulty

Edited by Can't play on Nightmare

18 minutes ago, dmslr said:

Since I can never do 2 shot thing. I will practice on doing it with double ammos on Young to Die difficulty.

In my earlier playing, I didnt notice extra ammos. Strange. And 3 of them are actually telephorts, not 4 of them. I noticed it later also.

But why make fun?

On 7/23/2020 at 2:04 AM, Pseudonaut said:

First exit. All 15 cyberdemons were 2-shotted. Time: 1:48.

15cc-148.zip

Video:

I didn't count the number of attempts, but it was a lot. I'd say I spent about two hours grinding this in total.

I'm still not consistent with cyberdemon 2-shotting, but I'm sure I've improved. This run probably has some shots that would have gotten me killed or wouldn't have done enough damage if I got worse RNG. There were actually two runs where I killed 14 cyberdemons and was killed by the 15th; one of these is included in the zip.

Are you supposed to push the cyber after shooting?

3 minutes ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

Are you supposed to push the cyber after shooting?

Not exactly "push",  though I guess it looks that way. You need to be as close as possible when the invisible tracers are emitted, which is about 0.457 seconds after the green ball hits, according to doomwiki. The direction the ball was fired is important too, because that determines the direction of the tracers. To visualize how the BFG works, look at this: http://decino.nl/projects/bfg9000-visualiser which was posted earlier in this thread.

20 minutes ago, Pseudonaut said:

Not exactly "push",  though I guess it looks that way. You need to be as close as possible when the invisible tracers are emitted, which is about 0.457 seconds after the green ball hits, according to doomwiki. The direction the ball was fired is important too, because that determines the direction of the tracers. To visualize how the BFG works, look at this: http://decino.nl/projects/bfg9000-visualiser which was posted earlier in this thread.

I learnt how to do with IDDQD just now watching your video but without it, it is too hard. Because I get his rocket.

With IDDQD, Just after I fired, I pushed and he died with 2 shots each time.

Just after I fire, I push. This works.

1 hour ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

I learnt how to do with IDDQD just now watching your video but without it, it is too hard. Because I get his rocket.

With IDDQD, Just after I fired, I pushed and he died with 2 shots each time.

Just after I fire, I push. This works.

Those tricks are easier to pull out when one play with mouse.

Playing with keyboard is far more difficult because its harder to correctly center the Cyberdemon with the arrows.

Well, at least for me.

I manage to two shoot them, but after an hour and a half of trying with keyboard only :/

Then i tried with the mouse an made the stunt in the first try.

Maybe i could demo it, but i'm not that persistent to try.

My respect to those that accepted and completed the challenge.

15 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Those tricks are easier to pull out when one play with mouse.

Playing with keyboard is far more difficult because its harder to correctly center the Cyberdemon with the arrows.

Well, at least for me.

I manage to two shoot them, but after an hour and a half of trying with keyboard only :/

Then i tried with the mouse an made the stunt in the first try.

Maybe i could demo it, but i'm not that persistent to try.

My respect to those that accepted and completed the challenge.

In Map 32 of Doom 2.

With God mode off, I tried like 15 times and I could do it 1 time out of like 15 times. Other 14 times, I ended up dying because of getting his rocket.

When god mode is off, it is so hard. Yeah.

But I could at least do it one time with God mode off.