Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Crash As Doom 6's Protagonist

9 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Is Crash really that obscure? Quake 3 / Quake Live were never world-shatteringly popular, but they definitely had somewhat large playerbases for a while there and still have dedicated fans. It’s also known to be a brother franchise to Doom. While not quite as popular as Doom, it’s nowhere near obscure.

To old codgers like me and you she isn't, but to anyone born after the year 2000 she's about as obscure as you get.

The Quake franchise itself isn't obscure, far from it. However Crash herself isn't well known amongst the younger Doom fans. I have even met some older fans irl who had no idea who she was, half of them thought I was talking about Crash Bandicoot.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I don't know which Crash you guys are talking about, but if it's not Crash Bandicoot that this guy is referring to, then the stupid Crash Bandicoot jokes below don't exist.

TC stands for Total Crash, and the W in WAD stands for WOAH (dead meme).

Edited by AtticTelephone

2 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

The problem is that not all Doomers play Quake games and those that *do* play usually play the SP games (Quake and Quake 2). Not to mention that Crash is actually the weakest character/bot in Quake 3.

Quake and Quake 3 Arena are the shit!! Loved them!!
Quake II can go be quiet and sit in the naughty corner with Doom 3 lol

5 hours ago, Doom-X-Machina said:

Crash as an NPC or a selectable multiplayer / co-op character - yes.
Main protagonist - no.

Same for me. I just don't think it's a good idea to change protagonists in general, and yeah among Doomers she's probably "obscure".

She's better left for DLC/expansion packs or a spin-off game.

On 4/27/2020 at 4:02 AM, The Strife Commando said:

What do you think? To me it would be awesome. If there will ever be a new Doom game, she should be the hero in it, with the Doom Marine being selectable or an unlock.

Idea: Doom Eternal CRASH SKIN!

Side game Spin off. We all know how Doom 3 went. That's probably the best she gets. Definitely not the protag ever. Heavily involved NPC at best if she's in a main game like Hayden or some such.

Doomette Eternal?

it would be cool imo to have somebody like Crash as a secondary character. it doesn't have to be a trend where you have 10+ characters to pick from.

hell, in Eternal you have situations where they let you play as the demon, or let you wear the player custom armors, so why not have an actual secondary character. it doesn't have to come in contrast with the storyline, it's just a player's giggle to be allowed to play a game in their preferred fashion.

also the Quake 3 community was not obscure at all, I mean, it has a damn LAN convention called after Quake that takes place still every year (QuakeCon).

Quake was always more MP orientated rather than developed on a fantastic SP experience, and reason because there never was a Q3 all-in-one community of fans is because Quake had mods for any taste and flavor, so each part of the movement was relocated to its own preferred ground.

not trying to do promotion, but Quake/Q3 is still active, atleast more in its derivated games like UrT, tournaments and matches still happen from time to time. it's just more lazy these days when it comes to having a community as big as Doom, lol, and unlike Doom, Quake never had a solid reboot and never really was the milestone that Doom was.

@DoomKrakken amazing art right there!

Shes more of a quake character than a Doom character even though she is doom themed. But it would be awesome to give her some sort of character reboot but not as a protagonist.

Crash and Phobos would make good additions. Be it Slayer meshes, DLC spinoffs, or entirely new game. I think Phobos skin in DE should be like the QA character and not just an homage to his armor.