Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

10 minutes ago, dragon's influence said:

nah... the pistol and shotgun don't sound that bad... "ok, maybe the pistol is a little annoying and the shotgun have an overlap with chaingunners" but is not trying to be a joke...

Hmm, Luigi content isn't a joke?

7 minutes ago, LoneAlpha2401 said:

So do we just remove the sounds or...

it's just my opinion if you guys think that it ok to stay is up to you...

1 hour ago, SilverMiner said:

IMHO cuz there were already sounds of the same quality in the wad.

You mean the weapon sounds? They might be a little goofy, but at least they don't go on for half an hour. Having the monsters shout at you for more than one second = jokewad.

Do not remove the Keen Graphics/Sounds because that's my easter egg to myself. Thank you.

- Added a little to map08. 

- Removed all joke sounds, including the one that makes cacodemons speak human wtf? Keen was already a joke so Luigi should be cool too amirite

- Fixed broken sector in map01.

NEGATIVEONE_v0.84.zip

Guys, there's two conflicting dehacked files in the WAD. What the hell? I don't know which one is correct. I guess the second one is overwriting the first?

Sick of this confusion, guys, fix the sounds and sprites, and keep the Wolfenstein levels good, Luigi Keen is fine, I think it looks cool. Fix the SS, he’s important. Only Pain Elementals and Lost Soul corpses can be replaced, since Baphomet is a cooler and rapid-fire Pain Elemental, and Lost Soul corpses don’t make sense, since only beta Doom had real Lost Soul corpses.

1 minute ago, AtticTelephone said:

Do sound effects sound less dumb or whatever people were saying?

is the original sound effects!

This is getting kinda lame, haven’t been able to playtest maps since I currently don’t have my computer.

Also, if anybody has custom monster experience, then please replace the Pain Elemental, since Baphomet is like a cooler rapid fire version of them, who’s also a boss.

2 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

This is getting kinda lame, haven’t been able to playtest maps since I currently don’t have my computer.

Also, if anybody has custom monster experience, then please replace the Pain Elemental, since Baphomet is like a cooler rapid fire version of them, who’s also a boss.

Pain Elementals are like brutal with the kamikaze lostsouls, they to almost hit-kill a full health the player!

Replaced DSITEMUP and DSPLASMA, added Plums' accurate pistol patch and added a midi to MAP10 (Sonic Rush- Final zone)

NEGATIVEONE_v0.86.zip

I don't know how to do this, but replacing the Pain Elemental with a "chaingun cacodemon" of sorts would be cool.

7 minutes ago, LoneAlpha2401 said:

Replaced DSITEMUP and DSPLASMA, added Plums' accurate pistol patch and added a midi to MAP10 (Sonic Rush- Final zone)

NEGATIVEONE_v0.86.zip

I don't know how to do this, but replacing the Pain Elemental with a "chaingun cacodemon" of sorts would be cool.

a fast cacodemon with low painchance and a hitscan fire breath? ^.=.^ it cold be a evil dragon! why not? he can use the hexen's sprites and sounds! "ok... maybe im pushing too much"

Sorry for the MAP08/09 mix up, guys!

Regarding the Pain Elemental, how about using the sprites for the Internal from Hell-Forged? I already have them as a PE overwrite for another project, so can easily copy them over later.

- added sound effects from dusk! ^.=.^

they are "damage", "powerup pickup", "teleport", "secret" and "jump" sounds. the secret and jump sound will play on zdoom but others ports will ignore the sounds and work as normal!

NEGATIVEONE_v0.89.zip

Oh boy, this thing started going out of hand for a little lol

So, if someone wants to change graphics to the zombies or any other monsters, he/she can't? I knew already that Nazi are going to stay the same because the project leader asked to leave it untouched, but the other monsters?

17 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Oh boy, this thing started going out of hand for a little lol

So, if someone wants to change graphics to the zombies or any other monsters, he/she can't? I knew already that Nazi are going to stay the same because the project leader asked to leave it untouched, but the other monsters?

Look, all I want to do is put Randy Pitchford's face on the zombiemen.

Why don't we split the WAD in multiple files? Make it modular.

For example we can have one sub-WAD containing only the map data and custom textures, another one with just music, another with just sound, one with monster replacements and one with graphic/sprite replacement.

This way, everybody can experience this project however suits them best. Me, personally I would just like to play the new levels with vanilla sounds and vanilla monsters. Maybe I would load the custom music and graphics too.

This wouldn't be too difficult to handle in practice, we can place all the sub-WADS in a single .zip or .rar file, like we are already doing now. Then, you only update the files that you make modifications to and zip everything up again.

Example of file structure:

NEGATIVEONE_v0.89.zip

would contain:

N1_MAPS_v0.89.wad

N1_MUSIC_v0.89.wad

N1_SOUND_v0.89.wad

N1_GRAPHICS_v0.89.wad

N1_MONSTERS_v0.89.wad

Also, if you don't update a file, you don't need to change its version number. Only update the version number when you actually make a change to the file. The zip file name should always have the highest/latest version number.

Just a suggestion.

I've now added the Infernal sprites, replacing the Pain Elemental's. I'll leave it up to someone else to change the behaviour in DeHackEd, add new sounds, etc!

I've also merged MAP23 with another old unfinished level. Fittingly enough this was originally going to be part of another "round robin" type project, started by Chris Hansen (who designed the starting area). Again, you should note some Dr. Sleep influences in some areas, while others were inspired by Malcom Sailor's Chord G.

Like with the unfinished level that's now part of MAP09, it's mostly unpopulated and there are plenty of dead ends, areas that need expanding, and even a switch that does absolutely nothing.

0jidJZU.png

pAsGwMe.png

Lg6bnk3.png

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uaa50n38k56k1hm/NEGATIVEONE_v0.90.zip/file

Edited by NiGHTMARE

Pain Elementals and Mancubi are fine to replace, since I kinda want the D64 version of the Mancubus, which was the coolest of all the enemies in D64.

1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Why don't we split the WAD in multiple files? Make it modular.

For example we can have one sub-WAD containing only the map data and custom textures, another one with just music, another with just sound, one with monster replacements and one with graphic/sprite replacement.

This way, everybody can experience this project however suits them best. Me, personally I would just like to play the new levels with vanilla sounds and vanilla monsters. Maybe I would load the custom music and graphics too.

This wouldn't be too difficult to handle in practice, we can place all the sub-WADS in a single .zip or .rar file, like we are already doing now. Then, you only update the files that you make modifications to and zip everything up again.

Example of file structure:

NEGATIVEONE_v0.89.zip

would contain:

N1_MAPS_v0.89.wad

N1_MUSIC_v0.89.wad

N1_SOUND_v0.89.wad

N1_GRAPHICS_v0.89.wad

N1_MONSTERS_v0.89.wad

Also, if you don't update a file, you don't need to change its version number. Only update the version number when you actually make a change to the file. The zip file name should always have the highest/latest version number.

Just a suggestion.

I don’t know why, but I don’t really like this idea. I think it’s way easier to just have one  wad, with the levels, music, maps and monsters, because I don’t like having to load more than 2-3 wads to have the full experience.

The idea is fine, but I’m used to just having to load 1 wad file.