Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bushpig2dope

Steve was Slain - 32map Boom Megawad Looking for Mappers! Join our new discord!

I just have a few questions.

Is Jumping enabled?
is crouching enabled?
Is Freelook enabled?
how many maps per mapper?

The project looks very interesting. I would love to create some :D

Sorry for my sad english xD

2 minutes ago, GhostPlayer said:

I just have a few questions.

Is Jumping enabled?
is crouching enabled?
Is Freelook enabled?
how many maps per mapper?

The project looks very interesting. I would love to create some :D

Sorry for my sad english xD

I'll elaborate further in the OP :)

@Bushpig2dope How do you see the map? 

I never played minecraft. When this level is complete I'll post it. I need to put difficulties and small details. Sorry for my sad english xD

20 minutes ago, ‹rd› said:

RIP Steve. :(

I liked the theme of the project. I hope Steve continues with this WAD

36 minutes ago, GhostPlayer said:

@Bushpig2dope I can only see all the textures from doombuilder and with GZDoom.

They will need to load the minecraft texture pack. You can play with all 3 difficulties :D

[Nether] Map 21:http://www.mediafire.com/file/poqa1mkib89pr73/Minecraft_Level_Nether_Slot21.wad/file

zx8tj2c.png

gO9COmh.png

------// if you find any problem don't forget to let me know //-----

I like what i see, but i think it would have a great enhancement in atmosphere if you play around with sector lightning.

10 hours ago, GhostPlayer said:

@Bushpig2dope I can only see all the textures from doombuilder and with GZDoom.

They will need to load the minecraft texture pack. You can play with all 3 difficulties :D

[Nether] Map 21:http://www.mediafire.com/file/poqa1mkib89pr73/Minecraft_Level_Nether_Slot21.wad/file

zx8tj2c.png

gO9COmh.png

------// if you find any problem don't forget to let me know //-----

Hey I'll get around to play testing your map!

Sadly this project hasn't got a whole lot of attention so I'm not sure if it will be completed but I hope you enjoyed mapping :)

Edited by Bushpig2dope

11 minutes ago, Bushpig2dope said:

Sadly this project hasn't got a whole lot of attention so I'm not sure if it will be completed but I hope you enjoyed mapping :)

D":

I will continue on my project. I'm going to create some levels with the minecraft textures.

The maps look amazing!

17 minutes ago, GhostPlayer said:

D":

I will continue on my project. I'm going to create some levels with the minecraft textures.

The maps look amazing!

The map does look amazing you did a fantastic job!

I hope to see this getting more traction, I think it’s a great concept. I’m already chewing on at least 3 Doom projects or else I’d join in too.

15 hours ago, RiviTheWarlock said:

I'm interested in making a map for this, I can make one in any theme you need really.

I'd love that! More the merrier. If we dont get huge numbers we can downscale the project anyway :)

13 hours ago, DukeOfDoom said:

Mediafire links don't work for me for some reason.

It's late for me in AUS right now so I'll have to look into this in the morning :)

Update: Links work fine for me, maybe mediafire went down or issues on your end? Let me know if the issue persists and I'll upload a mirror

Edited by Bushpig2dope

Still can't access the site. Mirror links would be good for those who have similar problems. Maybe this is happens on my laptop, because I am on vacation and my main computer is not available.

2 hours ago, DukeOfDoom said:

Still can't access the site. Mirror links would be good for those who have similar problems. Maybe this is happens on my laptop, because I am on vacation and my main computer is not available.

A mirror via google docs has been setup :)

I'm playing around with the resources at the moment, just to see if I can work with it. I might submit a map, preferably "The Overworld" style but don't pin me down on anything yet. I'll keep an eye on this since I have an affection for cartoon-style texture sets like this.

Very cool idea. I played a ton of hours to Minecraft years ago. I would like to make a small map for the first episode (map 05).

14 hours ago, Roofi said:

Very cool idea. I played a ton of hours to Minecraft years ago. I would like to make a small map for the first episode (map 05).

13 hours ago, xxWeNxx said:

cool idea, I'm could make a map for this.

Awesome! I'll put you guys down as mappers :)

As someone once very involved in Minecraft's alpha and early beta community, I'm excited to making a map with this resource! There's loads of potential for "demons invade a cuboid cartoony world" and riffing on Minecraft-isms along the way.

Put me down for MAP13. I really want to work on a night-sky aboveground map with some ruins and Nether elements.

8 hours ago, PasokonDeacon said:

As someone once very involved in Minecraft's alpha and early beta community, I'm excited to making a map with this resource! There's loads of potential for "demons invade a cuboid cartoony world" and riffing on Minecraft-isms along the way.

Put me down for MAP13. I really want to work on a night-sky aboveground map with some ruins and Nether elements.

Awesome! Welcome aboard :)

I would love to contribute to this project! Only caveat is that it will take time for me to make my map as I have multiple other projects currently running, as well as school on the horizon. I would prefer a nether or an end map, but I am cool with whatever slot you wish to bestow me with.

I wanted to give the MAP12 slot a shot, but before promising anything I thought I'd download the resource pack and try to play around with the textures. There's a bit of an issue with it... Boom crashes when I try to load the resource pack up. I think it's because all the textures are 32x32 pixels and flats in vanilla or Boom need to be 64x64. ZDoom and its derivatives can handle weird flat sizes like this, but if you want to aim for the Boom compatibility, this is something you might need to resolve. Also most of the textures that should have translucent areas (like some of the upper door textures) have white spots in there instead, which makes them practically unusable without ruining the aesthetic.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong though, this is a really cool project and I would like to participate. It's just that the texture pack could use some fine-tuning.

Edited by Willy W.

On 8/19/2020 at 11:54 AM, BluePineapple72 said:

I would love to contribute to this project! Only caveat is that it will take time for me to make my map as I have multiple other projects currently running, as well as school on the horizon. I would prefer a nether or an end map, but I am cool with whatever slot you wish to bestow me with.

I'll write you down! Nether is fine! :)

On 8/20/2020 at 7:18 PM, Willy W. said:

I wanted to give the MAP12 slot a shot, but before promising anything I thought I'd download the resource pack and try to play around with the textures. There's a bit of an issue with it... Boom crashes when I try to load the resource pack up. I think it's because all the textures are 32x32 pixels and flats in vanilla or Boom need to be 64x64. ZDoom and its derivatives can handle weird flat sizes like this, but if you want to aim for the Boom compatibility, this is something you might need to resolve. Also most of the textures that should have translucent areas (like some of the upper door textures) have white spots in there instead, which makes them practically unusable without ruining the aesthetic.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong though, this is a really cool project and I would like to participate. It's just that the texture pack could use some fine-tuning.

Hmm ok yeah I understand. I think maybe aiming for Boom compatibility may be a little difficult. I want an unlimited pallete as I've discovered using a limited one makes a lot of Minecraft textures look quite funky. I think what we'll do it map for Boom but run in GZDOOM. So it has a vanilla feel but isn't
Also I'm not sure why I added those door textures yet because the upper and lower need to be stiched together anyway. Use them as placeholders and I'll pump out a resource patch sometime :)
I'll put you down on map 12 but if you want to pull out go ahead thats no issue at all!

Also one thing I want to discuss is the possibility of making this project MUCH smaller. @Suitepee playtested my example map and he made this point. I think we'd find much more success in doing so. We have a nice little group of mappers, maybe we can consider downscalling this project into say a 10 level wad? Let me know what you all think!

On 7/29/2020 at 2:18 AM, Bushpig2dope said:

Now I understand that a lot of you may be "cringing" at the idea of our beloved Doom crossing over with a game like Minecraft that carries such a heavy stigma but please hear me out.

The only people that think like that are the 12 year old kids who think Brutal Doom is the real Doom and are desperatly trying to be "cool" and "edgy". Thankfully we don't have that kind among us in Doomworld!

1 minute ago, DSC said:

The only people that think like that are the 12 year old kids who think Brutal Doom is the real Doom and are desperatly trying to be "cool" and "edgy". Thankfully we don't have that kind among us in Doomworld!

Haha thanks man! Very true!