Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DownloadTheseSweetViruses

Which Doom II enemy is worse than the arch-vile

Heavy weapon dudes.

Nothing feels worse than getting suckered by one of those after having survived the onslaught of tougher monsters.

3 minutes ago, Pseudonaut said:

Most of them, because the arch-vile is awesome.

Oh, got sniped... That's exactly what I wanted to say.

1 minute ago, ‹rd› said:

(video)

I really want something like this and throw landscapes at your and eventually block your whole path, and you need to escape the map as quickly as possible.

1 minute ago, InDOOMnesia said:

Heavy weapon dudes.

Nothing feels worse than getting suckered by one of those after having survived the onslaught of tougher monsters.

Y O U   W E R E   P E R F O R A T E D   B Y   A   C H A I N G U N N E R

zombieman due to adding zero gameplay value.  at least the vile can offer interest and incentive to gameplay for the player.

I never really warmed up to revenants, especially when  several teleport behind you, or when they're placed on high ledges while you're only armed with a shotgun.

2 minutes ago, Smouths said:

I never really warmed up to revenants, especially when  several teleport behind you, or when they're placed on high ledges while you're only armed with a shotgun.

every time I hear "revenant" I always think of the plutonia experiment.

20 minutes ago, DownloadTheseSweetViruses said:

This video made me cry

awww! Don't, it was only a joke. XD

I think they are all fine. The hardest (which I'm assuming your asking is the IoS if you aren't prepared to fight it. The game never says that you have to shoot rockets in his brain, so you can easily get telefragged by his cubes while figuring out what the hell to do. 

I like the arch-vile for how much of a tough, hard-hitting bastard he is. Taking on more than a couple at a time is a bit much, but no foe makes shit turn real quite like he does.

Chaingunners, meanwhile, can die in a fire. Damn things are the reason I don't play UV-fast/Nightmare, as much as I'd like to.

1 minute ago, LiT_gam3r said:

awww! Don't, it was only a joke. XD

I think they are all fine. The hardest (which I'm assuming your asking is the IoS if you aren't prepared to fight it. The game never says that you have to shoot rockets in his brain, so you can easily get telefragged by his cubes while figuring out what the hell to do. 

Isn't telefragging a 1000 damage attack or something?

Just now, kawadec said:

I like the arch-vile for how much of a tough, hard-hitting bastard he is. Taking on more than a couple at a time is a bit much, but no foe makes shit turn real quite like he does.

Chaingunners, meanwhile, can die in a fire. Damn things are the reason I don't play UV-fast/Nightmare, as much as I'd like to.

Chaingunners more like paingunners. Even in HMP they're a pain in the ass.

I'll say the Pain Elemental.  Archies are at least manageable if you have some cover and/or they are segmented off from the other enemies.  PE's however always seem to generate a cloud of annoying-assed lost souls if you don't eliminate them immediately, and that causes you to use up more ammo cleaning them up.  Plus, they don't even leave behind a corpse for you to gloat over!

2 minutes ago, Maximum Matt said:

I'll say the Pain Elemental.  Archies are at least manageable if you have some cover and/or they are segmented off from the other enemies.  PE's however always seem to generate a cloud of annoying-assed lost souls if you don't eliminate them immediately, and that causes you to use up more ammo cleaning them up.  Plus, they don't even leave behind a corpse for you to gloat over!

The Pain Elementals can go to brazil.

I mean, Archie is pretty cool and laid back.

But fuck Revenants and Lost Souls. They exist only to make you miserable and annoy you.

Just now, Endless said:

I mean, Archie is pretty cool and laid back.

But fuck Revenants and Lost Souls. They exist only to make you miserable and annoy you.

Revenants are ass. But at least Lost Souls have a 100% pain chance, but imagine if they didn't.

1 minute ago, DownloadTheseSweetViruses said:

But at least Lost Souls have a 100% pain chance, but imagine if they didn't.

the last person who thought that was given a life sentence to a maximum security prison close to a military base.

1 minute ago, LiT_gam3r said:

the last person who thought that was given a life sentence to a maximum security prison close to a military base.

What if Lost Souls had double health, speed, and were invisible and could alter their aim in mid air

Surprised that the Spider Mastermind never comes up in these discussions, she's so utterly shit with zero redeeming qualities. Everything else at least introduces a cool gameplay element, but the Mastermind is just a shitehouse Cyberdemon and does way too much (realistically) undodgable damage.

Revenants are good mid-tier fodder with a unique mechanic, making them valuable to the sandbox.

Archy has amazing utility in levels, is extremely easy to deal with if you have two working brain cells, but represents another unique threat in it's resurrecting and delayed hitscan.

Chaingunners are fine when used well - which a lot of wads don't - but I don't think that's a good enough reason to write them off, in fact, i prefer them in the sandbox to Former Humans or Sergeants.
Lost Souls are annoying, pose a very small threat, and don't really introduce anything interesting.. they'd be probably be second to the Mastermind for me for more 'bad'.

3 minutes ago, Fairweather said:

Surprised that the Spider Mastermind never comes up in these discussions, she's so utterly shit with zero redeeming qualities. Everything else at least introduces a cool gameplay element, but the Mastermind is just a shitehouse Cyberdemon and does way too much (realistically) undodgable damage.

Revenants are good mid-tier fodder with a unique mechanic, making them valuable to the sandbox.

Archy has amazing utility in levels, is extremely easy to deal with if you have two working brain cells, but represents another unique threat in it's resurrecting and delayed hitscan.

Chaingunners are fine when used well - which a lot of wads don't - but I don't think that's a good enough reason to write them off, in fact, i prefer them in the sandbox to Former Humans or Sergeants.
Lost Souls are annoying, pose a very small threat, and don't really introduce anything interesting.. they'd be probably be second to the Mastermind for me for more 'bad'.

I kinda saw the Mastermind as 'ok' I mean sure her attack can be hard to dodge but she can be killed in two-three BFG Blasts. Idk just my opinion