Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

1 hour ago, AtticTelephone said:

Ok, I just played the new version, and I don't like how the music for MAP30 was replaced, change it back. Otherwise, it's fine, 7/10.

Oh, maybe this is a sign from the divines and the three.

I had this MIDI that i wanted to add for Map30 since i finished the main quest for TES Morrowind recently, it's a nice song.

Dagothwave.rar

As i said earlier:

Dagoth Ur is voiced by Jeff Baker

Dagothwave by Young Scrolls

MIDI by Densanweebochan

wait... what?

26 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

Uh, who replaced me and took the moderator and administrative roles?

this is possible?

10 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

Uh, who replaced me and took the moderator and administrative roles?

Maybe you should add a list of things you don't want to be changed to the first post?

Anyway, the music I added to MAP30 is really only suitable for a final map or the end credits, so I'll remove it from this and use it for another project (possibly the GZDoom spin-off).

Edited by NiGHTMARE

I'm doing some more work on map15.

I suggest we concentrate our efforts on building the maps rather than squabbling about music. That stuff can be decided at the end anyway. As the maps evolve, the music that suits them may change.

55 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Maybe you should add a list of things you don't want to be changed to the first post?

I'm seconding this, including what maps and stuff are been completed so far

Added a more decent map 11 (the previous one was a room with 2 chaingunners and an icon of sin that blew up). Now, it's a full map and at the end of it, you die and pistol start the next map.

NEGATIVEONE_v1.82.rar

Alright, I'm going to say some things.

-Do creative things with the monsters, a lot of the monsters have just been given a new coat of paint, which is pretty basic. I recommend some ideas, such as the zombies having a noticeable increase of accuracy (because why would they have those cool helmets), or the Realm667 cacodemon reskin having cyber stuff and shooting plasma. I had this cool idea, but it involves replacing the weird Hellknight sprites and the normal Baron sprites with jetpack Barons and Knights, so they can fly.

-This is a community project, so have some fun, it doesn't all have to be Plutonia Experiment and stuff. Add a little bit of STARTAN texture placement, and put a bit of Easter eggs in the secrets (like the RIVI textures and the recolored SMW character Commander Keen sprite), maybe even a sprinkle of clever Boom-exclusive effects usage if we're gonna be doing Boom-compatible. Use cool concepts, like using lighting to show things in a sort of Indiana Jones way, or Voodoo dolls being used to make effects, or even doing something like Barrels o' Fun.

-MAP32 is only the first version of the WAD, add some cool things, like maybe a Hall of Fame for some of the editors.

I've been thinking of retheming MAP31. Wild West perhaps?

5 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

-Do creative things with the monsters, a lot of the monsters have just been given a new coat of paint, which is pretty basic. I recommend some ideas, such as the zombies having a noticeable increase of accuracy (because why would they have those cool helmets), or the Realm667 cacodemon reskin having cyber stuff and shooting plasma. I had this cool idea, but it involves replacing the weird Hellknight sprites and the normal Baron sprites with jetpack Barons and Knights, so they can fly.

I still have yet to work on the Marauder, i'll maybe check to see if there's a way to set a zombieman's accuracy

6 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

-Do creative things with the monsters, a lot of the monsters have just been given a new coat of paint, which is pretty basic. I recommend some ideas, such as the zombies having a noticeable increase of accuracy (because why would they have those cool helmets)

A hitscanner's accuracy highly depends on the game's engine. I think it calls the RNG in the angle offset, it's hard-coded and to my knowledge, unless we tamper with the RNG, there's no way to fix the accuracy of a hitscanner.

1 minute ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

What about a Pain Elemental that shoots random demons? Like the monster target and spawner, but mobile

Completely impossible without extended dehacked (which we really don't have access to at the moment i think)

1 hour ago, Obsidian Plague said:

Completely impossible without extended dehacked (which we really don't have access to at the moment i think)

Ok, what about a passive PE that shoots out armor and health?

Just now, TheStupidestBeing said:

Ok, what about a passive PE that shoots out armor and health?

Even less possible

Dammit, uh, what about a faster Imp with more health that only can melee attack

That....could work actually

4 minutes ago, Obsidian Plague said:

That....could work actually

Ok, i'll try to do it myself, although i'm only confident i can do the faster and "healthier" part, idk how to remove attacks without breaking anything or replacing the sprites (i don't even have any good sprites rn)

PD: Wich monster do i replace if i'm gonna make that imp?

Ok, i'll try to do it myself, although i'm only confident i can do the faster and "healthier" part, idk how to remove attacks without breaking anything or replacing the sprites (i don't even have any good sprites rn)

I'll probably do it myself it's a pretty simple process

We already have 2 imps, no? We can probably change either one of them-

but isn't it essentially a demon?

1 minute ago, Elio AF said:

We already have 2 imps, no? We can probably change either one of them-

but isn't it essentially a demon?

i completely forgot about super imp's existance

yeah i might just make pinkies slightly faster then