Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JustCallMeKaito

DOOM II: Resurrected - A DOOM II Remake

Holy shit. Those are some nice looking reimaginings. I especially love the industrial look in the first two shots. Keep up the good work, I'll be following this.

Ambitious project! Everything looks beautiful so far. I love how you really leaned into the idea that The Citadel was meant to be a castle, that looks really cool!

2 hours ago, JustCallMeKaito said:

love it or hate it

I think we all pretty much love it ;)

As for the project, it looks pretty damn sweet. Those screenshots looks amazing. Tho, I gotta admit I'm not fan of ''wad thread but without the wad.'' Still, best of luck and I hope I can play it someday.

This looks fantastic so far! Definitely following. Here's hoping for some remixes of those city maps that are much better than the originals. Can't wait to see what sort of "fun" we get up to in Barrels...

Every time I heard of people remaking the original games, I imagine people just tracing the original layouts and making them look prettier. This however, looks like something really worth checking out. I wish you the best of luck, those maps look so gorgerous.

Some great screenshots here. Its gonna be very interesting to see how you revamp the other levels! 

4 hours ago, MassiveEdgelord said:

Seems too ambitious.

Perhaps, but the screenshots prove the OP is capable. The real issue will be time to completion.

This looks pretty, pretty awesome. Please keep up the good work and release it. :P

Geniunely impressive showcase, love the texture work.

Find a piece of coverage of this on R667 bar next Saturday.

looking forward to the icon of sin, it's going to be really hard to make that fight not totally underwhelming 

I love this! This is very awesome and well done. Good job! I hope the Icon of Sin is a giant monster version just like the one in the Real Icon of Sin Mod and Doom Eternal. Notice that since ZDoom is much more advanced than DOS, it has a lot less limitations than DOS.

This looks awesome. Would love to see a video showcasing the first few levels or something like that (but I imagine you're far away from doing that yet).

I am in love with the sky of the first screenshot. In general I also appreciate the completely different approach regarding level design. Looks like an artistic reimagination of the entire game. Citadel and Downtown look a bit Quake-ish, which is very refreshing and unexpected. If all maps will be like those on the screenshots, it might turn out to be great if gameplay is also good. Fingers crossed this ambitious thing gets finished!

Would be great to have a playable demo at some point with a couple of maps to see where you are going with this.

Edited by NightFright

My first thoughts were, "Hmm, another Doom II remake, I'll just have a quick peek out of curiosity", and then my reaction to the screenshots was, "Wow!". 

I particularly like 3rd and 5th shots for their clever use of the OTEX green metal textures and the dynamic lighting.  The first Citadel shot reminds me (in a good way) of Hexen.  The reimagining of Downtown also looks impressive.