Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amaster

Mega Ultra Turbo Lifts

How are those REALLY fast lifts for DooM 2 made? The one's that move up so quickly that you dont even notice the rise, your just suddenly at the next floor. I cant remember what wads I've seen them in though.

If you allow the use of source ports, nearly all of them allow the use of BOOM linedef's, so just set whatever options when you get to the BOOM linedef dialog box and set the speed to Turbo.

The first helpful thing I've said in a forum. :D

I believe Legacy has scripting that makes a floor or ceiling instantly goto a certain height, but Im not too sure on Elevators as a standard. I bet Enjay will have some info on this topic ;)

If the floor is rising, make sure it's not touching any sectors lower than it, and then set it to lower to the next lowest floor. Since there's nothing for it to lower to, the game screws up and raises it instantly.

Thanks Ling, didnt realize it was that simple.
To everyone else: I should have mentioned that I wanted to achieve this in the original exe. But thanks for responding anyway.

Edit: Whats up with Lings avatars lately? This one is especially... interesting.

Linguica said:

If the floor is rising, make sure it's not touching any sectors lower than it, and then set it to lower to the next lowest floor. Since there's nothing for it to lower to, the game screws up and raises it instantly.

For added effect, don't give the lowered sector lower linedef textures. This will cause Doom to use the sector's floor instead, making the pits seem "invisible." This is especially good to use to make monsters seemingly appear out of nowhere.

By the way, I think the tag is down to highest floor. At least, that's what I use. Maybe they both work.

To raise the lift use "WR lower floor to highest adjacent floor" and to lower the lift use "WR raise floor to lowest adjacent ceiling".You can use dummy sectors to control the heights that the lift raises/falls.

Good examples are in Gothic DM and xfire4.

Floor: W1/WR down to highest floor (make sure that the lift sector has no lower sectors surrounding it, and the sector you want it to rise to is the highest one surrounding the lift).

If you want to do one going down, use Floor: W1/WR up to lowest ceiling, and make sure that that a tiny sector with ceiling height equal to the floor height of the destination floor is touching the lift sector.

boris said:

Why are you posting stuff that's been said like 5 hours before?

Some of us are slow And you cant take that away from us!!!!!!!1 :D

DOOM Anomaly said:

Some of us are slow And you cant take that away from us!!!!!!!1 :D

Actually, I could ;)