Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LexiMax

Difference between Final DOOM and DOOM ][ EXE

I notice that people list the EXE that comes with Final DOOM is silghtly different than the latest patched version of DOOM2.EXE.

What exactly was changed between the two.

i by no means know what im talking about... but as far as i know they added the Level Names for TNT and Plutonia as well as the End Text

Also they disabled the "joyb_speed 31" trick for always run, but you can still put in a hight # like 29, that seems to work in both Doom 1, 2 and Final.. tho i have some Plutonia Demos from the net that say to use the old Doom2.exe with -file Plutonia.wad cos they recorded it with the 31 in Doom2.exe with -file Plutonia.wad i guess so it still messes up with the Final Doom exe... thats all i know

Both The Ultimate DOOM's and Final DOOM's engines have a fix in the Lost Soul movement code which allows them to bounce off the floor. In addition, Final DOOM's engine has a teleoprter bug that makes the Player appear in midair over the teleport landing.

besides monor differences there is none. I have never had any problems running either wad on either engine, well except for demos.

I wonder about the bug where Lost Souls which got shot by Pain Elementals into the walls, if at certain angle/proximity, would disappear and wander out there in the void; is that both in Final Doom and Doom II exe's?

Sephiroth said:

besides monor differences there is none. I have never had any problems running either wad on either engine, well except for demos.

Yeah, some desynch because of the differences I noted above.

Pa3PyX, that applies to all of them.

I thought I heard someone say that something about autorun or straferun or something about running was disabled for the Final Doom exe files. I may be wrong.