Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

this wad is 8mb! is too heavy for a wad, we sold stop putting too much custom content...

- added my avatar texture for map 32... i still did't added it to the map!

- added waciej avatar texuture too!

oh... uh... its credit! is a fair addition... right? ' .=.-"

- replaced shotgun sprites... the red gloves still missing... i will add then as soon as possible!

edit:

- removed the new DSPISTOL sound! prboom+ can't read it!

second edit:

the sound is fine, the problem is with the dehacked...  i reverted the last change!

NEGATIVEONE_v2.31b.zip

Edited by dragon's influence

40 minutes ago, CBM said:

backstory:

map 13 and 19 are both part of a fictional city called San FernaDOOM and the ciy logo is  giant S and a giant F

map 13 is San FernaDOOM city center

map 19 is San FernaDOOM prison on the outskirts of the city

I think it would be nice to add city elements to MAP12 and MAP14 - MAP17 as well (I'm not including MAP18, because that already has plenty of them, and MAP20 I guess would be located just outside the city limits).

My idea is that the caverns are all located directly beneath the city, so periodically you'll see collapsed road and subway tunnels, sewer pipes, and basements of the buildings above. It should help tie the set of levels together, plus alleviate some of the monotony of all those brown caverns.

I'm currently working on a new intro to MAP12, which will have the player finally leave the giant techbase from MAP01-MAP11 via road tunnels that lead to the rest of the city, but which have been heavily damaged leading to a detour through the caverns. I'm working on it as separate .wad right now, so that anyone else can still edit MAP12 if they wish.

apparently it works well in gzdoom

just teste map 19

todo:

unknown item placed on map 19, couldnt find it

exit code 11 error persists even with prboom-plus-2.5.1.7um

height ajustment for logos in main prison hallway needed

texture bug at small house

both switches need fixing

5 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

I think it would be nice to add city elements to MAP12 and MAP14 - MAP17 as well (I'm not including MAP18, because that already has plenty of them, and MAP20 I guess would be located just outside the city limits).

My idea is that the caverns are all located directly beneath the city, so periodically you'll see collapsed road and subway tunnels, sewer pipes, and basements of the buildings above. It should help tie the set of levels together, plus alleviate some of the monotony of all those brown caverns.

I'm currently working on a new intro to MAP12, which will have the player finally leave the giant techbase from MAP01-MAP11 via road tunnels that lead to the rest of the city, but which have been heavily damaged leading to a detour through the caverns. I'm working on it as separate .wad right now, so that anyone else can still edit MAP12 if they wish.

sounds cool

this sounds really fun! but MAP12 starts on the center of structure...

MAP12.png.299c06b9c72dd5fbd3de6d2bf6aa6394.png

you can't build a tunnel without braking it, can you?

31 minutes ago, dragon's influence said:

this sounds really fun! but MAP12 starts on the center of structure...

MAP12.png.299c06b9c72dd5fbd3de6d2bf6aa6394.png

you can't build a tunnel without braking it, can you?

I'll probably add a hole in the ceiling to the current starting area, and have the player drop down from it via a silent teleport.

2 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

I'll probably add a hole in the ceiling in the starting area, and have the player drop down from it via a silent teleport.

cool! looking forward for what you will do! ^.=.^

A little something else I hope to complete for this project:

7Fk3try.png

As you can see, it's a frankensprite of MagicWizard's Shadow Trooper (bottom left - of course this is what -1 is currently using as its Trooper), with Neoworm's Nailborg (bottom right).

Edited by NiGHTMARE

this looks promising! just keep the armor white, i think its easier to see from afar and have some charm into it! ^.=.^ but do what you want! 

ah! my version got lost! o.=.o"

1 hour ago, iconofeggsafe666 said:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h6a3m9og83okz5m/NEGATIVEONE_v2.30.wad/file
New text for the BOSSBACK, and new Mancubus sprites!

1 hour ago, iconofeggsafe666 said:

also i forgot to name this v2.31 sorry

2 hours ago, dragon's influence said:

this wad is 8mb! is too heavy for a wad, we sold stop putting too much custom content...

- added my avatar texture for map 32... i still did't added it to the map!

- added waciej avatar texuture too!

oh... uh... its credit! is a fair addition... right? ' .=.-"

- replaced shotgun sprites... the red gloves still missing... i will add then as soon as possible!

edit:

- removed the new DSPISTOL sound! prboom+ can't read it!

second edit:

the sound is fine, the problem is with the dehacked...  i reverted the last change!

NEGATIVEONE_v2.31b.zip

i will fix it... wait a sec...

Working on some changes, please wait.

EDIT: Done, new TITLEPIC, new DSPISTOL, cleaned up SSG and Uzi sprites, new regular shotgun sprites, renamed MAP06 "Zeta Quadrant"

EDIT 2: I forgot to remove the old shotgun sprites meaning that the new ones wont appear, whoever has the file now, could you fix that?

NEGATIVEONE_v2.33.zip

Edited by LoneAlpha2401

Just a personal opinion, but I don't find some of the new sprites particularly interesting. Firstly, the Freedoom Archvile sprites do not blend in very well with the rest of the monsters as they look cleaner and more polished. Secondly, the new Armor and Berserk sprites do not look very interesting for some reason, or perhaps that's just me. There is just something more nostalgic about most of the default sprites, especially those of pickup items and stuff. Many of the unnecessary sprites are just bloating up the wad. I'm thinking of reverting Archvile back to its original glory. 

Just now, Rosh Fragger said:

Just a personal opinion, but I don't find some of the new sprites particularly interesting. Firstly, the Freedoom Archvile sprites do not blend in very well with the rest of the monsters as they look cleaner and more polished. Secondly, the new Armor and Berserk sprites do not look very interesting for some reason, or perhaps that's just me. There is just something more nostalgic about most of the default sprites, especially those of pickup items and stuff. Many of the unnecessary sprites are just bloating up the wad. I'm thinking of reverting Archvile back to its original glory. 

listen, you cant just ask people not to change things on a social experiment made for people to change things. I can assure you if you revert the sprites they will be changed right back. people are going to change the sprites and you cant stop that

37 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

If you're gonna change that, then you gotta change the Archvile's Cast Call name i defined.

MAP 02 update!

- The Cyberdemon room is now some sort of cave.

- I removed the blue lost souls as they did not offer any kind of challenge (I thought, they just blew up?) and added Cacos and Barons instead (cool for infighting action).

- There is also a slow moving lowering wall in front of the exit to prevent you from immediately exiting the level and run past the Cyberdemon. (I guess this is not cool for speedrunners though...)

MAP02-080820.png.965d1fa7110be540acadbcd5c64534a7.png

MAP 01 very small update

- I added a blue triangle in the starting area that suggests you can walk backwards (triggering a secret). I figured that without a visual clue players would not really find this secret.

I changed maximum health back to 100%

- I have been playing with the 300% for a week now and it just completely unbalances everything in the game. I don't really see the point of such a change. Just add more health and Megaspheres to levels if you want more health? Or lower the damage monsters do?

- I guess you could make a case for it, if you would completely overhaul the system though. For example by replacing the Soulsphere and Megasphere with a different kind of power up. (these powerups are kinda pointless if regular medikits increase your health cumulatively)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vbmmpzhah856jez/NEGATIVEONE_v2.36.rar/file

Edited by PinkFlamingo

8 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

MAP 02 update!

- The Cyberdemon room is now some sort of cave.

- I removed the blue lost souls as they did not offer any kind of challenge (I thought, they just blew up?) and added Cacos and Barons instead (cool for infighting action).

MAP02-080820.png.965d1fa7110be540acadbcd5c64534a7.png

MAP 01 very small update

- I added a blue triangle in the starting area that suggests you can walk backwards (triggering a secret). I figured that without a visual clue players would not really find this secret.

I changed maximum health back to 100%

- I have been playing with the 300% for a week now and it just completely unbalances everything in the game. I don't really see the point of such a change. Just add more health and Megaspheres to levels if you want more health?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vbmmpzhah856jez/NEGATIVEONE_v2.36.rar/file

do we have to merge it with my version or is it built off of that one?

1 hour ago, KILLA DIO said:

do we have to merge it with my version or is it built off of that one?

Oh! Sorry. I did not see your latest update.

Yes, it has to be merged, please. I have added my changes to version 2.35