• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spike

Hooray for big houses!

You live in...  

29 members have voted

1. 1. You live in...

• A bedsit. This sucks if you\'re a family.
    • A flat/apartment of 1 or more bedrooms. Not bad.
    • A terraced house (lots in a row).
    • A semi detached house (connected to le other)
    • A detached house (All on it\'s lonesome)
    • On the street (bloody hobo)
    • Other (Castle, cloud, etc)

Hurrah! A poll with a topical reason!

As some of you may (not) know, myself, Jay and our daughter Raven have been stuck in the overwhelmingly shitty situation of living in a bedsit consisting of 2 rooms and one bathroom. This means one room for teh toddler, and another room that combines bedroom, kitchen, living room and dining room. As you may have already guessed, this is a tad crap.

However, we've just been to view - and accepted - a 2 bedroomed house with full central heating, double glazed windows, front and back garden and a loft that's been converted into a study-type-room-thing.

Hooray for us!

I live in an apartment, which is also a basement, with my parents on the same floor as me, which takes away everything basements are good for. Hardly any room for my MoOoSe.

A bedsit consisting of exactly one room (the bathroom is merely a shielded alcove).

Tiny, but I don't really need that much space. The only thing that sucks is that I can't really invite more than two people to my home.

I live in a dorm. Sharing a room with an athlete with a penchant for bringing home women and booze isn't that bad...honest. :/

Little Faith said:

A bedsit consisting of exactly one room (the bathroom is merely a shielded alcove).

Tiny, but I don't really need that much space. The only thing that sucks is that I can't really invite more than two people to my home.

Ours is a little bigger than yours but I know what you mean, we can have 3 people over and then its cramped

I live in a semi detached house.
I'm ok with it, except for the times that my neighbours play ABBA too damn loud.

Shit, you have that problem too? we live below a Priest who likes to play abba, steps, and other terrible music till all hours while having drunken orgies. and no....i am NOT joking

5-bedroom detached house in stupidly expensive area = high rates and tax :(

Gas C/H, D/Glazing, all mod cons, 4 TVs, Sky Digital, PC with 56k modem, 2 phone lines and a garden.

Cost to you: £420,000 - £450,000.

I live in a student housing (not sure if it's the correct term for it).
I have a combined bedroom/workroom a tiny hall with a closet for my clothes, a bathroom (with a toilet) and down the hallway outside my flat, there's a co'ed kitchen.

Basically, this is really all I need, so I'm pleased.

I live in a white wooden house with 3 bedrooms, 3 floors, and 3 bathrooms. Being a bit of a numerologist, I find that quite pleasing. :)

The thing is like a year older than me and we moved into it when I was 2 1/2...so you do the math.

Two bedroom apartment on campus, shared with two people. Another guy is here off and on and pays a quarter of the rent. The only utility we have to pay is electricity, although we'll have to pay for water as well starting next term. (An entirely stupid policy that mutates the lease and is a flat rate based on apartment size because the housing department is too lazy to install water meters.)

darknation said:

congrats spike

try not to burn the bedsit down on your way out.

I'm more interested in burning down the flat above - occupied by a Abba/Steps/Westlife loving, noisy-fucker-waking-us-up-at-2am priest. Maybe we'll just hide his mail instead.

Anyway, we move on Wednesday. Wakkaaa!

I live in a pretty big house. 2 car garage on a nice street. No crime in my area. 10 foot deep inground pool in the backyard.

Your average house, about 20 rooms or so, not counting the basement. A swimming pool, a garage and a "tree fort" out back.

My house used to be a bar. At least the downstairs was. This means the entire downstairs ,excluding the old kitchen, is one big room partitioned by furniture. We also have the upstairs, with two bedrooms, side room, kitchen, two connecting rooms and an attic. (this is half of the upstairs). The other half was two apartments with 2 bedrooms, a kitchen and bathroom and attic, each. We recently cut a hole between those two apartments, and built a hallway between the uspstairs halves. It's ALL connected now. :)

Safe to say, this is one wierd place to live, but I call it home.