Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ultraviolet

Zero-post users.

Heh, I started looking through the top 10 posters list, starting from the back, and out of 200-something pages, from page 153 on, it's all zero-post users. For those whose ban information has to be stored, I could understand the record being there, but otherwise, why haven't they just been deleted?

I see names of widely known undesirables and misspelled names of regulars in there. MACVILWHORE. jon c. Various incarnations of Demon Hunter and Esco. Haha, Islebot. NightFang shows zero posts? Odd. Deadrail, Not-Shotgun_Bill, zdoomsucks, haha...

OMG OMG WHAT IF TERRORISTS ARE REGISTERING ON DW SO THEY CAN USE THE PRIVATE MESSAGE FEATURE AS THEIR PRIVATE MESSAGE SERVICE???

Probably laziness. Some of those zero post members are still active in the community but don't post in the forums, but it's true that a lot are never ever going to be used. They'd have to get a list of which ones are not being used. Or just have them expire after x amount of days of unuse or something.

Heh hehed:
Heh.

Heh.

I noticed that Doom Anamoly has an old username called Doom Anomoly. Ah, misspellings are terrific fun :)

lament said:

If you piss off the mods sufficiently badly, you, too, can have a zero postcount!

The trick is to not piss them off too badly. Just enough to get your postcount reset to zero but no further is quite a difficult trick to manage.

Or a dopey-ass title. But bans (read zero-post status) is how it works. If everyone got a dumb title for stupid shit they've done, I tink 90% of us would have one.

DooMBoy said:

Heh.

I noticed that Doom Anamoly has an old username called Doom Anomoly. Ah, misspellings are terrific fun :)

actually, thats not mine, someone registered that In October After I registered, Dunno who tho, they never posted. :D

....Jezum Crow DooMBoy, you spelt my name wrong too!!
Is the Ravage's secret underground school of misspelled pleasures company back up? :D

I registered some username a long while ago that I was going to use for some impish mischief, but I only posted once with it before abandonning it. I can't even remember what the Hell it was called...it was some seemingly random string of letters.

the_Danarchist said:

I registered some username a long while ago that I was going to use for some impish mischief, but I only posted once with it before abandonning it. I can't even remember what the Hell it was called...it was some seemingly random string of letters.

Oh Jesus...I found it here:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=133

DOOM Anomaly said:

....Jezum Crow DooMBoy, you spelt my name wrong too!!
Is the Ravage's secret underground school of misspelled pleasures company back up? :D

Not quite, it only teaches dislexic speech. Doomboy learned that one somewhere else.

"Trick or Trout."
"Aah, it's the Williams boy. Give the kid a fish."

Heh. :)

Yes I was pondering another clear out of zero-posters last night. We had one a while back IIRC.

We'll see.

On occasion, accounts would get borked and Zaldron or I would transfer posts from a user's old account to their new one.

pritch said:

Yes I was pondering another clear out of zero-posters last night.

Wait, since when could you prune the user db?

Ultraviolet said:

Could've sworn I heard about Linguica doing it before.

I think he may be reffering to as to how Pritch as a idividual being able to do it, correct me if Im wrong tho.

Heh

Pritch, TheHighestTree, and me can all be thankful that the current forum software doesn't have negative postcounts...yet.

It did at one time, back when there was a DOLT status (a little before my time though).

That was BBhacks. vB doesn't support negative postcounts and it would take some work to make it do so.

Insomniac said:

Heh

Pritch, TheHighestTree, and me can all be thankful that the current forum software doesn't have negative postcounts...yet.

Why would it concern pritch? Didn't he work out his negative postcount by himself? I think Fredrik was the one that went from -31337 to 0 thanks to the forum change.