• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

1 hour ago, KILLA DIO said:

I added in some new textures, that's really all

haven't used them yet they are for future levels

Unfortunately your version of the wad crashes the game for me (doesn't run and gives the following error upon loading the wad):

Ca1pture.JPG

I therefore added my changes to NiGHTMARE's version of the wad (v2.61)

-MAP15 cave areas expanded. Added a big room towards the west portion of the giant grey caverns. Will expand upon it later.

NEGATIVEONE_v2.63.rar

2 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

- MAP13: Added a truck in the collapsed tunnel

- MAP18: Added a truck in front of one of the buildings

- Added a new Arch-vile (recoloured Diabolist by Amuscaria).

Coop-20200811-174604.png?width=960&height=540

Coop-20200811-174516.png?width=960&height=540

Coop-20200811-174715.png?width=960&height=540

Trucks look incredible! Also, really like the new Archvile sprites! 

13 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Unfortunately your version of the wad crashes the game for me (doesn't run and gives the following error upon loading the wad):

Ca1pture.JPG

I therefore added my changes to NiGHTMARE's version of the wad (v2.61)

-MAP15 cave areas expanded. Added a big room towards the west portion of the giant grey caverns. Will expand upon it later.

NEGATIVEONE_v2.63.rar

sorry if i'm out of the loop but don't you need a compat patch to run using zdaemon?

Here is my MAP 03 update

The crate room now has a brown-green-yellow color scheme. I added lights, barrels and some extra details here and there.

The new BIGBRIK textures work surprisingly well and they fit well with other similar colored textures.

No screenshots because I have somehow exceeded my upload limit on this forum for the time being.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0v6ansebo0j27hc/NEGATIVEONE_v2.64.rar/file

Edited by PinkFlamingo

@NiGHTMARE

Hey, so uh, i'm not angry or anything but uh...

WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BABY MAP24!?

Also, idk if i deserve being there (my only contribution was Map24, and that thing caused some crashes back in it's day), but i would like to be in the Hall of Fame, since it's supposed to be like the credits, idk if Doom supports GIF textures, but if it does, then feel free to take my GIF i use for PFP and just put it on the Hall of Fame.

cacotopog.gif.2c69f72dc2df9c11821656980edb4f92.gif

11 minutes ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

Also, idk if i deserve being there (my only contribution was Map24, and that thing caused some crashes back in it's day), but i would like to be in the Hall of Fame, since it's supposed to be like the credits, idk if Doom supports GIF textures, but if it does, then feel free to take my GIF i use for PFP and just put it on the Hall of Fame.

cacotopog.gif.2c69f72dc2df9c11821656980edb4f92.gif

we could make it an animated texture

Just now, KILLA DIO said:

we could make it an animated texture

ah, yes, is it easy to do? also, my PFP is transparent, so it'll be better if you change it a bit to add background

2 minutes ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

ah, yes, is it easy to do? also, my PFP is transparent, so it'll be better if you change it a bit to add background

we'll need each frame of the gif for it to work but it should be possible

1 hour ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

@NiGHTMARE

Hey, so uh, i'm not angry or anything but uh...

WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BABY MAP24!?

Your MAP24 is still there, and is completely unchanged (at least by me). I just added the old MAP04 to the beginning.

47 minutes ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

Also, now with @NiGHTMARE's changes, the map names don't fit the maps anymore, Lambda Core now has no Nuclear Mission Jam, so the name doesn't fit

I haven't made any changes to MAP08. I've been compiling a list of who's edited in each level, and according to that the only people who've touched this level are LoneAlpha2401, magicsofa, and waciej.

i did intend my contribution to MAP09 to be part of MAP08, but accidentally saved it in the MAP09 slot and someone decided to cut'n'paste it to the actual MAP09 instead of just renaming the level ;)

Edited by NiGHTMARE

Just now, NiGHTMARE said:

Your MAP24 is still there, and is completely unchanged (at least by me). I just added the old MAP24 to the beginning.

Oh, well then, it seems i'm dumber than i thought lol, i thought it was only Map04, welp, that's what happens when you don't play the map and instead just see the first room, but i think it's a good idea to mix Map04 and Map24, since they were really, really small. 

Although i disagree in some things about Map24 rn, for example:

WHY ARE WE COMMITING THE SAME ERROR TNT DID WITH PLUTONIA, WHY DOES THE BLOOD DAMAGE THE PLAYER, DOES IT HAVE HIV?

5 minutes ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

WHY ARE WE COMMITING THE SAME ERROR TNT DID WITH PLUTONIA, WHY DOES THE BLOOD DAMAGE THE PLAYER, DOES IT HAVE HIV?

I meant to bring that up a couple of days ago - it really needs to be made consistent across the project. My vote would be for blood to never damage the player, and if a mapper wants a particular floor to damage the player than they can just use lava instead.

BTW here's the aforementioned list of who's edited which levels, and even how many times that person has made an edit. It may not be strictly accurate, especially as at least a couple of level changes have gotten lost along the way :). (Speaking of which, I managed to track down the lost MAP20 changes, so will merge those back in ASAP.)

I would strongly encourage people to focus on some of the levels that so far have only had one or two contributors!

MAP01: AtticTelephone (x3), RonnieJamesDiner (x1), RiviTheWarlock (x2), DynamiteKaitorn (x1), TheNoob_Gamer (x1), waciej (x1), Alper002 (x2), Voltcom (x1), Horus (x2), el_info (x1), LoneAlpha2401 (x3), Captain Toenail (x2), NiGHTMARE (x3), waciej (x2), Walter confetti (x1), dragon's influence (x5), PinkFlamingo (x6), magicsofa (x1)

MAP02: AtticTelephone (x2), LoneAlpha2401 (x1), Rosh Fragger (x4), RiviTheWarlock (x3), waciej (x2), dragon's influence (x6), NiGHTMARE (x2), DynamiteKaitorn (x1), PinkFlamingo (x8)

MAP03: Roebloz (x2), dragon's influence (x2), RiviTheWarlock (x1), waciej (x1), NiGHTMARE (x5), magicsofa (x1), waciej (x1), HitBoi64 (x1), PinkFlamingo (x2)

MAP04: NiGHTMARE (x1)

MAP05: dragon's influence (x2), Captain Toenail (x1)

MAP06: NiGHTMARE (x2)

MAP07: Roebloz (x1), Captain Toenail (x3), Elio AF (x2)

MAP08: LoneAlpha2401 (x3), magicsofa (x3), waciej (x1)

MAP09: AtticTelephone (x1), Surreily (x2), LoneAlpha201 (x1), NiGHTMARE (x1), waciej (x1)

MAP10: magicsofa (x2), Captain Toenail (x1), LoneAlpha2401 (x3)

MAP11: AtticTelephone (x2), LoneAlpha2401 (x1), Elio AF (x2)

MAP12: Rosh Fragger (x5), RiviTheWarlock (x3), waciej (x2), dragon's influence (x1)

MAP13: CBM (x2), NiGHTMARE (x1), Captain Toenail (x2)

MAP14: Rosh Fragger (x2)

MAP15: Walter confetti (x1), Captain Toenail (x3), Rosh Fragger (x5)

MAP16: YagSilvr (x1)

MAP17: Temp (x1), LoneAlpha2401 (x2)

MAP18: Rosh Fragger (x7), Temp (x1), Captain Toenail (x7), NiGHTMARE (x1)

MAP19: CBM (x5), Captain Toenail (x2)

MAP20: Captain Toenail (x5), NiGHTMARE (x3)

MAP21: Roebloz (x1), Captain Toenail (x1)

MAP22: Elio AF (x3)

MAP23: Elio AF (x3), NiGHTMARE (x1), also includes work by Chris Hansen

MAP24: AtticTelephone (x1), Surreily (x1), Chainie (x1), TheStupidestBeing (x1)

MAP25: Roebloz (x1), NiGHTMARE (x8), AtticTelephone (x1)

MAP26: AtticTelephone (x1), Rosh Fragger (x3), waciej (x1), YargSilvr (x2), Elio AF (x1)

MAP27: YargSilvr (x2), Elio AF (x1)

MAP28: Captain Toenail (x2), Roebloz (x1), waciej (x1)

MAP29: AtticTelephone (x1), RiviTheWarlock (x1), waviej (x1)

MAP30: Obsidian Plague (x1), AtticTelephone (x1), RiviTheWarlock (x1), Roeblox (x1), KILLA DIO (x1)

MAP31: Roebloz (x1), Walter confetti (x1), dragon's influence (x1), RiviTheWarlock (x1), Obsidian Plague (x1)

MAP32: AtticTelephone (x1), Elio AF (x1), CBM (x1), Rosh Fragger (x1), dragon's influence (x1)

Other things i noticed in Map24:

The lights in the beginning area are misaligned

It seems the TSB area is unreachable

The map is way too easy, the exit is really near the player and there's no point on going to the TSB area as far as i know

Edit: It seems i'll have to try to see it in the Doom Builder perspective, if i have to fix it, i'll fix it, but don't count on me too much, my mapping skills aren't good, that's the reason why Map04 and Map24 merged in the first place, Map24 alone was lame

Second Edit: A lot of textures in the TSB area are broken, missing, or weird, and it seems i was right, there seems to be no way or point in reaching the TSB area

Third Edit: Well, the doors, switches, teleports and switches don't work either! This is a lot of stuff for me and i don't have much time, so i'll leave this for someone else, i'll just give my suggestions:

Make the empty red brick room have a teleporter that goes to the TSB area

Remove the room that has an eye switch, it has no purpose

Fix the textures in the TSB area with Sky textures

Turn the former exit to Map25 in the TSB area to an exit that leads to Map31

Make the exit in the normal map a bit harder to find, maybe switches in the light rooms, or the Mancubuses, something creative and challenging

Edited by TheStupidestBeing

The texture errors in KILLA DIO's version were caused by FF_START being moved to the middle of the patches listed, causing Doom and SLADE to misidentify the file type for pretty much everything inbetween FF_START and PP_END.

Simply moving FF_START and a number of new flats to below PP_END fixes the issue, however the textures appear to be the entire contents of the Mars 3D texture .wad which I'm not quite sure the project requires :)

EDIT:

22 minutes ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

Other things i noticed in Map24:

The lights in the beginning area are misaligned

It seems the TSB area is unreachable

The map is way too easy, the exit is really near the player and there's no point on going to the TSB area as far as i know

Edit: It seems i'll have to try to see it in the Doom Builder perspective, if i have to fix it, i'll fix it, but don't count on me too much, my mapping skills aren't good, that's the reason why Map04 and Map24 merged in the first place, Map24 alone was lame

Edit Edit: A lot of textures in the TSB area are broken, missing, or weird, and it seems i was right, there seems to be no way or point in reaching the TSB area

Yep, I did make it clear that there's no connection between the two areas when I merged them. The same applies to MAP28.

Both these maps need a fair bit of mapping work (MAP28 less so after Captain Toenail's recent edit), so that's just more one thing for potential mappers to do :)

The lights in the old MAP04 are on me, but I didn't move or otherwise edit your area of MAP24 in any way so I've no idea what's caused the texture issues thre.

EDIT 2: Are you by any chance using KILLA DIO's version? If so, that would explain the texture issues :)

Edited by NiGHTMARE

14 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

BTW here's the aforementioned list of who's edited which levels, and even how many times that person has made an edit. It may not be strictly accurate, especially as at least a couple of level changes have gotten lost along the way :)

I would strongly encourage people to focus on some of the levels that so far have only had one or two contributors!

Reveal hidden contents

MAP01: AtticTelephone (x3), RonnieJamesDiner (x1), RiviTheWarlock (x2), DynamiteKaitorn (x1), TheNoob_Gamer (x1), waciej (x1), Alper002 (x2), Voltcom (x1), Horus (x2), el_info (x1), LoneAlpha2401 (x3), Captain Toenail (x2), NiGHTMARE (x3), waciej (x2), Walter confetti (x1), dragon's influence (x5), PinkFlamingo (x6), magicsofa (x1)

MAP02: AtticTelephone (x2), LoneAlpha2401 (x1), Rosh Fragger (x4), RiviTheWarlock (x3), waciej (x2), dragon's influence (x6), NiGHTMARE (x2), DynamiteKaitorn (x1), PinkFlamingo (x8)

MAP03: Roebloz (x2), dragon's influence (x2), RiviTheWarlock (x1), waciej (x1), NiGHTMARE (x5), magicsofa (x1), waciej (x1), HitBoi64 (x1), PinkFlamingo (x2)

MAP04: NiGHTMARE (x1)

MAP05: dragon's influence (x2), Captain Toenail (x1)

MAP06: NiGHTMARE (x2)

MAP07: Roebloz (x1), Captain Toenail (x3), Elio AF (x2)

MAP08: LoneAlpha2401 (x3), magicsofa (x3), waciej (x1)

MAP09: AtticTelephone (x1), Surreily (x2), LoneAlpha201 (x1), NiGHTMARE (x1), waciej (x1)

MAP10: magicsofa (x2), Captain Toenail (x1), LoneAlpha2401 (x3)

MAP11: AtticTelephone (x2), LoneAlpha2401 (x1), Elio AF (x2)

MAP12: Rosh Fragger (x5), RiviTheWarlock (x3), waciej (x2), dragon's influence (x1)

MAP13: CBM (x2), NiGHTMARE (x1), Captain Toenail (x2)

MAP14: Rosh Fragger (x2)

MAP15: Walter confetti (x1), Captain Toenail (x3), Rosh Fragger (x5)

MAP16: YagSilvr (x1)

MAP17: Temp (x1), LoneAlpha2401 (x2)

MAP18: Rosh Fragger (x7), Temp (x1), Captain Toenail (x7), NiGHTMARE (x1)

MAP19: CBM (x5), Captain Toenail (x2)

MAP20: Captain Toenail (x5), NiGHTMARE (x3)

MAP21: Roebloz (x1), Captain Toenail (x1)

MAP22: Elio AF (x3)

MAP23: Elio AF (x3), NiGHTMARE (x1), also includes work by Chris Hansen

MAP24: AtticTelephone (x1), Surreily (x1), Chainie (x1), TheStupidestBeing (x1)

MAP25: Roebloz (x1), NiGHTMARE (x8), AtticTelephone (x1)

MAP26: AtticTelephone (x1), Rosh Fragger (x3), waciej (x1), YargSilvr (x2), Elio AF (x1)

MAP27: YargSilvr (x2), Elio AF (x1)

MAP28: Captain Toenail (x2), Roebloz (x1), waciej (x1)

MAP29: AtticTelephone (x1), RiviTheWarlock (x1), waviej (x1)

MAP30: Obsidian Plague (x1), AtticTelephone (x1), RiviTheWarlock (x1), Roeblox (x1), KILLA DIO (x1)

MAP31: Roebloz (x1), Walter confetti (x1), dragon's influence (x1), RiviTheWarlock (x1), Obsidian Plague (x1)

MAP32: AtticTelephone (x1), Elio AF (x1), CBM (x1), Rosh Fragger (x1), dragon's influence (x1)

Ok, i'll reserve Map06, maybe i'll find something i can improve or add

5 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

The texture errors in KILLA DIO's version were caused by FF_START being moved to the middle of the patches listed, causing Doom and SLADE to misidentify the file type for pretty much everything inbetween FF_START and PP_END.

Simply moving FF_START and a number of new flats to below PP_END fixes the issue, however the textures appear to be the entire contents of the Mars 3D texture .wad which I'm not quite sure the project requires :)

Oh no, the technical Slade mumbo jumbo, i don't understand anything you said, so i'll leave it to someone that knows more about scripting

Another idea, why not make it so when you interact whith the pictures in the Hall of Fame, you see what they did, for example: When you interact in Nightmare's portrait it says: "N¡GHTMARE: Contributor that reformed the maps to improve their quality"

27 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

I meant to bring that up a couple of days ago - it really needs to be made consistent across the project. My vote would be for blood to never damage the player, and if a mapper wants a particular floor to damage the player than they can just use lava instead.

I read somewhere (Doom Bible?) that the blood is supposed to be boiling, which is why it hurts.

11 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Yeah the filesize will bloat enormously if we keep doing that. What I have been doing recently is just adding new textures as I need them, if there isn't an existing texture already in the wad that's suitable.

Is there a script to automatically detect unused textures in a wad? If so we could run that before release to clear out all the extra unused stuff.

Dont worry I'll make the blood not hurt the player when I make my additions to it - the old map04 without my modifications was added in. I'll take care of your map 24- I feel like I can improve on it a lot

1 minute ago, Athel said:

Dont worry I'll make the blood not hurt the player when I make my additions to it - the old map04 without my modifications was added in. I'll take care of your map 24- I feel like I can improve on it a lot

Ok, do it after i send my version, i'm working on Map06

23 minutes ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

Ok, i'll constantly update this as i find new stuff in Map06:

1) There's question marks under the bridge in the big area near the start, i have no idea what they are

Oh, those are ZDoom 3D bridge things. It used to be a ZDoom/Hexen format level, and it seems I forgot to remove them when I converted it to Doom format.

I might try playing around with self-referencing sectors on this bridge, unless you have any plans for it.

1 hour ago, NiGHTMARE said:

You could also possibly make a brand new liquid animated flat if lava does not fit the theme of the area. I think players are likely to be more wary of 'liquid' flats that they don't recognize, anyway.

17 minutes ago, KILLA DIO said:

i really don't like the current caco recolour, it looks lazy and feels off. I preferred the old sprite

At least their death animation is not broken like that of the previous sprites. I happen to like these new caco sprites though. They look more badass.

47 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

At least their death animation is not broken like that of the previous sprites. I happen to like these new caco sprites though. They look more badass.

Agreed can't beat the classic Caco.

Weapon update

• Better red gloves for the uzi
  • Uzi pickup sprite better matches weapon and now faces correct direction
  • New uzi ammo clips
  • Also as a bonus, a chrome plasma rifle that shoots green plasma balls

https://www.mediafire.com/file/nhf23leirujti1t/NEGATIVEONE_v2.66.wad.7z/file

Edit:

Since the pistol has infinite ammo now, why not make it an energy weapon? Found these sprites by Sonik.o.fan

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=65643

Spoiler

73gYCgHl.png

Rocket Launcher candidate

Spoiler

UUXugWfl.png

Also still rooting for this SSG

Spoiler

fgHYZQxl.png

Edited by Captain Toenail