Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IrOn7HuB

More rare DOOM 4 1.0 content and concept art

19 minutes ago, TheGamePhilosophe said:

I much prefer this semi-realistic style to what we got which is more fantasy. Love the smouldering hi-rises in the background too. Please, IrOn7HuB, keep this great stuff coming!

I will keep looking for more as long as there is juice the internet and art developers can "publicly" show. I like the surreal tone of the game too. Its setting remains true and pure about executing the hell invasion on "earth."

14 minutes ago, jazzmaster9 said:

As cool as this is, This type of game would have been buried and forgotten with all the other Gritty Hollywood Military Shooters that came out.

The reason people still remembers DOom 2016 to this day is that it was Different from all the Triple A Shooters (third and First person) coming out during the start of the 2010s (Metro, Battlefield, and the like), it was arcady, Flashy and outlandish and felt less like a Hollywood blockbuster with gameplay.

I know people who play other doom games as much as the classics. There are others who play DOOM 3, QUAKE 4 and RAGE for its long time adventure, modding and gameplay (except for the bittersweet ending the game had in RAGE.) The reason why DOOM (2016) became popular it's because the direction is oriented towards nostalgia and retrying again the DOOM formula to appeal like the classics and for the "meme" agenda. Your comment is basically undeniable.

Hell. Even my best friend loves to play specifically Doom 3 and Prey!

I understand this former version of the game wouldn't be as good as the one we got. We could have had the same classic references and easter eggs thrown around like RAGE did with its junk loot gags like Quayola and Pinkies' candy boxes if the canceled version could have released. If the game really looks like a hollywood movie like you imply, then i really want to see it if it's true. The game had a lot of potential and interesting bloody combat choices.

6 minutes ago, IrOn7HuB said:

The reason why DOOM (2016) became popular it's because the direction is oriented towards nostalgia and retrying again the DOOM formula to appeal like the classics and for the "meme" agenda. Your comment is basically undeniable.

Sorry, but DOOM 2016 Become popular was because the gameplay is more action focus, i don't really see the nostalgia because im pretty sure this DOOM 4 also had their share pack of classic enemies too, but at least in the footage we see more variety, as possesed civilians, what the fuck is that imps, and gigantic tentacle.

A game more towards nostalgia, sounds more like Duke Nukem Forever.

12 minutes ago, jamondemarnatural said:

Sorry, but DOOM 2016 Become popular was because the gameplay is more action focus, i don't really see the nostalgia because im pretty sure this DOOM 4 also had their share pack of classic enemies too, but at least in the footage we see more variety, as possesed civilians, what the fuck is that imps, and gigantic tentacle.

A game more towards nostalgia, sounds more like Duke Nukem Forever.

You forgot to notice the cancelled game is action-oriented, and has a very serious, semi-realistic vibe that makes DOOM 2016/Eternal look like a cartoon show. You never use the chainsaw to drop rainbow colors at your enemies at all in real life. The development of the canned game still had to go through making monsters such as lost soul and the summoner, the possessed augmented soldiers and the conjoined ones.

10 minutes ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

Prey 2006 was and still is a fantastic game. That opening sequence is brilliant.

I can easily say Prey (2006) is a very underrated game. You won't believe how much interactivity the game had compared to Arkane's. They even managed to introduce portals before the game "Portal." and gravity manipulation! That game gave me great moments out of all the first person shooters i like.

Do I want to play this game? I do, no matter its last status, even as a temporary curiosity that might sit on my storage for a long while after I have tried it. Do I wish it was released by id? Well, I doubt it. People's taste is different, there are those who like fast, arcadey movement, and there are those who like slow, realistic pacing. I'm more of the former type, and I guess that applies to many others here, however I acknowledge OP's (and some other's) taste for the latter.

D3, Q4, 2006 Prey, and RAGE, all do have their own interest points though. D3 used to be shunned by many (radically different approach, lighting being "too dark"), but nowadays is more well-received because of its later influence towards the new games (that, and some people's taste is, again, different too). BFG Edition might have also helped fix its status (though others also dislike it for being "too shiny"). Q4's Stroggification scene... it's definitely not for the faint of heart. 2006 Prey decently mixes sci-fi setting with (slightly Native American-based) mysticism. RAGE, while not having as much recognition as the previous three, features a wide, open world bigger than those offered by all 4 id Tech games prior.

@IrOn7HuB the commentary is about "nostalgia" not if the game is grey, arcade, rainbow colors, or realistic. Doom 2016 was a success by their core Gameplay, nice level desing and more action less scenes.

By no means im saying that DOOM 4 was bad, but to have something, im preffering the action packed and diverse gameplay instead of what this show.

This could be a nice Doom game, sure, but the fans want rooting for other type of game.

And yeah, im enjoy some of that style of game, im playing for first time games like Rage and Far Cry 3 for first time and that can be called slow paced fps and still can see what people like about them, but also see some flaws.

Edited by jamondemarnatural : Context.

I feel like a crazy person...years ago when I first heard of "Doom 4" and the plan to include human characters and regenerating health and I saw the grey/brown screenshots I became super thankful that that game never released. Very glad Doom 2016 threw all of that away, playing Doom 3 and being reminded of System Shock/Half Life 2 was already a little too much for me. 

The marines vs marines vs demons multiplayer concept reminds me of a Doom 2016 leak on r/doomleaks before the game's launch [source]:

"Found an MP gamemode called Hell Escape "Escape Hell. Escape the demons." One team is demons and one team is marines, demons have to destroy the marines portals so they can't escape, basically like the dead space 2 multiplayer. Found another were two groups of marines fight eachother while a team of demons joins in the battle as well."

The user posted right/wrong information across multiple threads before 2016's launch. I'm inclined to believe the user since they correctly predicted the SnapMap update themes. I wonder if most of the "wrong" information may have also been relics of the original Doom 4 project.

The cancelled Doom 4 sure had its fair share of good ideas and interesting takes, the atmosphere and sound design being two of them, and perhaps it might have been good if it managed to see the light of day, but definitely not as a Doom game.

Not for shitty reasons, but because the game, based on all the footage we've seen so far, was just far too generic, it would have completely sunk into the pile of military shooters that plagued the last decade, with no real highlights and little contrast to differentiate itself from them. The game was really slow as well, and a lot of the gameplay looks extremely scripted, more reminiscent of interactive movies rather than an actual game, and almost like a glorified tech demo. It's 100% better than we got 2016 instead.

Considering all this art keeps coming, I suspect id wants to eventually give us the full details of the original game. No, I don't expect them to actually release the build, and neither should you, because of middleware, and even if that were to be removed and released piece by piece, it would only be good for dissecting it/data mining, since it was unfinished this wouldn't be playable for the most part.

10 hours ago, IrOn7HuB said:

oriented towards nostalgia and retrying again the DOOM formula to appeal like the classics and for the "meme" agenda.

you're close... about 10% the Truth maybe 15% at best.

Let's not kid ourselves here, Doom 2016 has merits outside of just the "Nostalgia" (which is strange because a lot of people complained how it wasn't like the Doom they remembered and it "ruined" the classic formula, 2016/Eternal Nay-sayers Contradicting themselves haha)

9 hours ago, IrOn7HuB said:

and has a very serious, semi-realistic vibe

yeah something, which 100 other Triple A games also had, which is why Doom really stood out.

People love to say Eternal and Doom 2016 is NOT Doom well that Doom 4 Demo sure makes me feel like playing the classics...

look like a cartoon show

Aside from making it a Hollywood movie with gameplay?

You never use the chainsaw to drop rainbow colors at your enemies at all in real life.

Yep never had to hold 9 weapons in real life as well or say "OOF" when i drop from a 10 story Height. I don't see your point here.

Edited by jazzmaster9

The positive reception of doom 2016 has more to do with its marketing campaign and the massive amount of pandering than anything else. The actual game was utterly boring imo. Just a litany of completely undifferentiated arena battles. The art direction was lame (Rage was vastly superior). The glory kill system was a travesty. And the combat itself is just flat out goofy, jumping around like Tarzan for crying out loud.

Who knows how generic or not doom 4 would have been? Would it have been a return to roots? No, but neither was doom 2016 when you get down to it. At the very least doom 4 would have been gorgeous if they followed the path of Rage and had a least a few memorable battles and an appealing atmosphere. Which is more than I can say for the game we got.

It's understandable how some of these comments can describe a "Multiplayer mode" being the genetics of the whole game, but the main "problem" is we have to play it first before we judge it.
  I also stated since the beginning that this may not be your DOOM game, but it can be for others.
DOOM is all about killing demons, blood, scary imagery and action no matter if it's on mars or earth. You can also kill other soldiers as players in the classic Doom.

Summoner/succubus attack animations
https://puu.sh/GgPxs/adf5f699c7.mp4

Possessed zombie animation test
https://puu.sh/GgPwc/3479be2fad.mp4

Edited by IrOn7HuB : more context.

1 hour ago, TheGamePhilosophe said:

The positive reception of doom 2016 has more to do with its marketing campaign and the massive amount of pandering than anything else. The actual game was utterly boring imo. Just a litany of completely undifferentiated arena battles. The art direction... and some other stuff that was parroted for 4 years 

They only reason people like this is because of marketing, people can't possibly like and enjoy something i don't like, they are just sheep who don't know good games.

Again very close... about 20% close.

lets not kid ourselves here. if it was just about pandering no one would be talking positively about Doom 2016 years later. 

there's a difference between not liking a game and a game being bad. 

but i see this is a really a nuDoom sux shrine between you and the OP so i'll bow out for a while.

Edited by jazzmaster9

Besides, the only "nostalgia" and "pandering" these games might have are the returning enemies from classic Doom and the lack of weapon reload, minus the SSG.

But that's literally all there is to this nonexistent nostalgia. It doesn't look like, sound, or behave like a 90s shooter even in the slightest... I get it that it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but saying that the game can't stand on its own feet and it's a boring, fugly, and soulless game is utterly absurd. It has its flaws (generic arena fights for one), but still...

The multiplayer video had me thinking. In this game, would marines be your enemies? In the game, it looked like you were part of a camp of survivors trying to survive this demon invasion by any means necessary, and maybe it's like Dying Light, which I won't spoil, so I'll make it a spoiler. 

Spoiler

You are part of this Corporation (UAC in DOOM, GRE in Dying Light) that turns out wanting to harm the community so you turn against them. Maybe the UAC had marines that didn't want survivors to learn of their mistake of opening this portal, so they're going to have to kill those who know. Doomguy wouldn't be included in the UAC's evil schemes, because it seemed like in the OG DOOMs, he wasn't part of the UAC anymore as soon as you started KDITD. You would play as a survivor as Doomguy saves Earth during the events of DOOM 2. The UAC is an evil corporation, so you also have to take them down. 

Also, Is that the Mother Demon? 

33 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

The multiplayer video had me thinking. In this game, would marines be your enemies? In the game, it looked like you were part of a camp of survivors trying to survive this demon invasion by any means necessary, and maybe it's like Dying Light, which I won't spoil, so I'll make it a spoiler. 

Hide contents

You are part of this Corporation (UAC in DOOM, GRE in Dying Light) that turns out wanting to harm the community so you turn against them. Maybe the UAC had marines that didn't want survivors to learn of their mistake of opening this portal, so they're going to have to kill those who know. Doomguy wouldn't be included in the UAC's evil schemes, because it seemed like in the OG DOOMs, he wasn't part of the UAC anymore as soon as you started KDITD. You would play as a survivor as Doomguy saves Earth during the events of DOOM 2. The UAC is an evil corporation, so you also have to take them down. 

Also, Is that the Mother Demon? 

It can be any other sister of the Mother Demon. I wish they could do that in the newer games.
It's possible the cancelled game was meant to take place in the classic universe like simply adding references to it, the same for DOOM 3. Earth looks very similar to the one we've seen in many earth maps from DOOM II. The same as for the possessed soldiers and the IMP behaviors.

1 hour ago, IrOn7HuB said:

Earth looks very similar to the one we've seen in many earth maps from DOOM II. The same as for the possessed soldiers and the IMP behaviors.

The imp behavior in the sewer reminded me very much of the mutants in Rage, which were a joy to fight because of how they dynamically used the environment to avoid your fire and their acrobatic reactions to getting hit. A tiny bit of that dna made it into 2016 imp, but not nearly enough.

On 8/11/2020 at 5:40 PM, RonnieJamesDiner said:

I always wished that 2 headed, 4 armed zombie thing had made it into the final product. It's such a deliciously creepy, hellish zombie variant.

Very Maggot-y if I dare say so.

18 hours ago, seed said:

The cancelled Doom 4 sure had its fair share of good ideas and interesting takes, the atmosphere and sound design being two of them, and perhaps it might have been good if it managed to see the light of day, but definitely not as a Doom game.

Not for shitty reasons, but because the game, based on all the footage we've seen so far, was just far too generic, it would have completely sunk into the pile of military shooters that plagued the last decade, with no real highlights and little contrast to differentiate itself from them. The game was really slow as well, and a lot of the gameplay looks extremely scripted, more reminiscent of interactive movies rather than an actual game, and almost like a glorified tech demo. It's 100% better than we got 2016 instead.

Considering all this art keeps coming, I suspect id wants to eventually give us the full details of the original game. No, I don't expect them to actually release the build, and neither should you, because of middleware, and even if that were to be removed and released piece by piece, it would only be good for dissecting it/data mining, since it was unfinished this wouldn't be playable for the most part.

You know, the multiplayer footage doesn't mean the game plays exactly like a military shooter in single-player where you kill other humans. It's confirmed you fight against demons "only" like in 2016' but keeping its own pacing.

5 hours ago, IrOn7HuB said:

You know, the multiplayer footage doesn't mean the game plays exactly like a military shooter in single-player where you kill other humans. It's confirmed you fight against demons "only" like in 2016' but keeping its own pacing.

I know, and that's entirely irrelevant to the point I was raising.

On 8/6/2020 at 8:51 AM, LiT_gam3r said:

crazy find! they don't even have this content on the wiki page! here is some other unused content

We try to stick mostly to stuff that's clearly been approved for release by ZeniMax with regard to that stuff, as early on they were throwing around DMCA notices like they were candy. However they may be more relaxed with it now that it's no longer a threat to publicity for a new & upcoming game as it was at the time. Still, I am aware that there is no fair use defense when it comes to "unpublished works" so that makes me want to just keep it hands-off really.

A friend sent me a screenshot of Doom Eternal and it reminded me of some of the pictures in this thread. I really like the look of a city that has been overrun by demons and demonic structures.

DECity.png

I found a weapon selection image of the chaingun that appeared in the Multiplayer footage inside the DOOM Alpha files. I wouldn't even believe myself being a weapon modeler or a weapon artist making a badass chaingun for a DOOM game until they tell you to re-do it again because, as they said: "it didn't feel right."

large_chaingun_mp.png

Doom  4 chaingun.jpg

@IrOn7HuB How do you do it?! You find all this amazing stuff never ever seen before! it's crazy! With all the stuff you've found, somebody could recreate this game!

On 8/6/2020 at 7:58 AM, IrOn7HuB said:

hell_street_test5.jpg

Notice the big BG Burger sign on top of the buidling? It's Billygoat Burger from Doom 3.

I'm just saying, with the technology we have today, those demons would never even reach Earths atmosphere before we blew them up. 

Here is the best quality logo design possible i was able to find. I don't think i will stop any time soon finding more hidden stuff, but it will take a while.

I'm real sure the one responsible for producing this design could be simply from the art director (and possibly Mark Bristol who also has done mocap management, storyboard and also responsible for introducing those leaked photo-realistic cinematic reels developed by Blur Studio and Gregor Punchatz from 2008 to 2012.)
     Fun fact: Blur Studio was also involved on making the photo-realistic DOOM 2016 teaser trailer that was shown in 2014 (The Cyberdemon one.) and the live action trailer "Fight like hell." (2016.)
DOOM4_Logo_high_quality.jpg.44af1f4b9b245fbb59a8b59f9f9b3be5.jpg

I also found showcased props made by a 3D artist (Keith Burlison on ArtStation) from the game that actually introduced a piece of lore about the game. VEGA was formerly a fictional health corporation that introduces technological augmentations with the name of AGIS. The rest of the portfolio shows elements from the New York city, and we found out that there was going to be a Zoo map!

AGIS:
unknown.png

VEGA:
450.png

EXTRA INFORMATION OF THE GAME's LORE: DOOM 4 sets around the year 2038 as seen from the "artic zoo banner" prop.
keith-burlison-no-logo-block.jpg?1477367

This game could have been really something to play as a Id Software fan. No wonder why there were too many development layoffs because of the decision to change the game's direction from 2012 to 2013. To backup my point, the game would have been amazing, and i believe it because there are no terrible games that Id Software committed. People love to compare games to other games only to make development to feel insecurity. That is why it led the transition to "Development hell."
   Fans don't know what they want, but once they try the game, they will like it. Even Kevin Cloud (The lead director) said it was a good game and had a great concept with strong creative values. I definitely admire that. I hope we can try its game builds someday. DOOM is DOOM as long as you shoot and kill demons with guns and your own hands.