Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

Beat Grazza Demos Month

Heh, my old demo there is just one week away from being able to drink (legally) at a pub. :p Good choice of "z" as the code for Speed with -fast.

Offering a reward! The winner is free to make a fondest wish: a single small/medium map TAS of any category, excepting Co-op.

My rules:

1. Ancient WADs with lame map design are not preferred. Even though I'm not likely to reject the chosen map, I doubt the TAS would be spectacular.

2. If the chosen map has a speedrun already, its time must be less than 5 minutes. If it has no speedrun, it's PAR time must be less than 8 minutes.

3. If you wanna see a UV-Max or UV -fast run, make sure the map has less than 180 monsters.

4. I'm not promising the best quality, but I'll try my best. XDRE usage is inversely proportional to the map difficulty. Slaughter-like maps are not preferred as well.

5. Icon of Sin maps won't be accepted! Unless the ones which force you to die at the end, like the barrel explosion trick.

6. I'm not a superman yet. Such TASes as ClumsyDoomer's TNT Map 9 Pacifist + Reality are still beyond my skills. Please take this into account!

7. It's not guaranteed that I'll grand your wish, but I really hope that it won't happen.

Please mention me using a "@" symbol or send a PM. I don't read every last message in this thread, so I can miss your wish.

Good luck everyone!

UPD: unfortunately, the reward is cancelled due to technical issues with my PC. Still, write about the map you'd like to see beaten in a TAS and I'll take a look at it.

Edited by Dimon12321

Parareb demo gets out of sync for me with ZDoom 2.0.59 and 2.0.60. I downloaded the ports "as they are", added doom2.wad, the PWAD and the .lmp. Any help?

On 8/13/2020 at 8:04 AM, vdgg said:

Speed Villa by @RjY, Tyson in 3:09

spdvt309.zip

Thank you! I didn't consider tyson when making this map. If I ever rework it I'll take your suggestion to provide a chainsaw :).

On 8/14/2020 at 3:38 AM, vdgg said:

I got the precious CChest2 MAP09 Pacifist record. It's in the other thread in hopes of more exposure...

What I don't understand is why sometimes a monster gets hit and is still attacking me, the player. That pinky near at 2:30!

It looks like something went wrong here. The demo version is 214 (prboom_6_compatibility, complevel 17) not 202 (Boom, complevel 9) as was apparently intended. So, at 2:29+15 when the demon sees the player, P_LookForPlayers sets its threshold to 60, because comp_pursuit is off. It won't change target until after 2:37+07 when enough A_Chase calls have passed. It is finally distracted by the hellknight at 2:37+33.

For the parareb update, is it a substantially different map or mostly bugfixes? I assume it's probably more like the latter, so I would suggest using the latest version for beating the old time, even if the times may not be 100% comparable (similar case to old Scythe 2).

Some other WADs I was curious about that I am unsure if the map differences are substantial:

• ALT 2012-05 vs 2012-12; TVK beat the 4 NM run in the latest version (unless the old one was pacifist and not the new one?), so that one may not qualify as a record
  • aotw 2000 vs 2004, no idea about this wad, not sure if the records should be tracked separately

24 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

For the parareb update, is it a substantially different map or mostly bugfixes? I assume it's probably more like the latter, so I would suggest using the latest version for beating the old time, even if the times may not be 100% comparable (similar case to old Scythe 2).

Some other WADs I was curious about that I am unsure if the map differences are substantial:

• ALT 2012-05 vs 2012-12; TVK beat the 4 NM run in the latest version (unless the old one was pacifist and not the new one?), so that one may not qualify as a record
  • aotw 2000 vs 2004, no idea about this wad, not sure if the records should be tracked separately

Parareb: "This is a re-release with some changed stuff. You get the SSG at the start so it plays faster." That sounds like it makes a substantial difference.

The 2004 version of aotw for some reason added a way to reach an alternative exit very quickly.

9 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Parareb: "This is a re-release with some changed stuff. You get the SSG at the start so it plays faster." That sounds like it makes a substantial difference.

The 2004 version of aotw for some reason added a way to reach an alternative exit very quickly.

Sounds like at least those two should be recorded on the same version as a given run I guess. :P

Bunch of stuff:

Eternal Doom Map 14 Stroller in 0:13 (prev: 0:14).

NewCity UV-Speed in 1:24 (prev: 1:32)

ssbase.wad Pacifist in 0:21 (prev: 0:23)

Strain Map 15 NM-Speed in 0:02.91 (prev: 0:04), Stroller in 0:06.46 (prev: 0:07)

Ultimate Doom 2 Map 20 Pacifist in 0:05.71 (prev: 0:07).

Wack Stroller in 0:40 (prev: 0:46).

WAYBAC2.WAD for DOOM ][ NM Stroller in 0:14 (prev: 0:15).

et14str013.zip

newcity-124.zip

ssbacep021.zip

st15str646.zip

st15n291.zip

ul20p571.zip

wackstr040.zip

waybac2nstr014.zip

Edited by 4shockblast