Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArmouredBlood

First attempt demos [never played the map before]

i forgot this thread existed, but i thought i may as well put these in here if im recording them eh?

hell2pay FDA pack

first demo recorded 27/11/2016(!)

last demo recorded 12/11/2017

you can skipsec using the time in the filename; i try to avoid pauses so it should take you to roughly the successful run (if i died).

i DNF map24 because its garbage

hell2pay-fda-rehelekretep.zip

Edited by rehelekretep

4 hours ago, EpicTyphlosion said:

Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions #29, Map 1

9:58, No deaths, UV-MAX, -complevel 9

Recorded on PrBoom+ v2.5.1.4

M1UVMX.zip

Hey nice run!
For some time now, I've been wanting to bring back this thread with some blind runs... but still didn't have the time for that. Thankfully you did :)

E1M4b: "Phobos Mission Control" (by John Romero)

UV Max attempt, but couldn't find one secret.

Blind run in 11:52.20 (1 death)

Demo: e1m4b-blind1152.zip
Video: 

Quite a fun and easy map. Lots of ammo, health, and armor across the map, so dying is not a problem...
... unless of course, you're a curious fellow like me!
Overall, this was an easy, relaxed, enjoyable experience and the map design looked quite good.

Blind race between Blob1024 and me on E1M8b: "Tech Gone Bad" (by John Romero)

Video: 

My demo: e1m8b-blind1611.zip

Successful run: 16m11 out of a total of 30m04 (2 deaths)

I can imagine how this map could be "how E1M8 should have been"! A challenging and interesting map, although the first fight feels a bit 'trolly'. Anyway, discovering this map was a lot of fun. I think I killed all the enemies - the last 8 should be the ones that kill you after the final teleporter. But I did miss 4 secrets. There were several areas that I could see through a window, but could not get to; the chainsaw was a clear example of this.

@blob1024 You can post your demo here :)

here it is :)

FDA.zip

for my goofy play in some parts, I can find the excuse of my "daughter's-dinner-time-incoming-pressure"

i liked the map, even tho the start is cruel for an FDA and I overall found it a bit mazy but nonetheless easy

@blob1024 Just a little bit curious, did you get confused by the occasional lift texture here and there? That's probably the biggest complaint about this map where JR likes to put some weird texture here and there. It's somewhat mazy since sometimes places are connected to previous places where you can be easily confused. Anyway, it's fun to watch your race. I hope you two will do something like this in the future :)

2 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

@blob1024 Just a little bit curious, did you get confused by the occasional lift texture here and there? That's probably the biggest complaint about this map where JR likes to put some weird texture here and there. It's somewhat mazy since sometimes places are connected to previous places where you can be easily confused. Anyway, it's fun to watch your race. I hope you two will do something like this in the future :)

a bit of everything actually

non linear maps often catch me to be honest. I lost lots of time even tho I was in large advantages by avoiding death a couple of time by small margin. i was confused by the corridors opening in sequence, and was scared by the fact that there were no teleports to safely return too, once I could explore the outer area with the first radiation suit.

about doing again fdas together, Im up for it I enjoyed it. I thought i've done terribly worse than him, but he looked for secrets for more time than me. After i realized the pits and poison area were quite deadly I decided to not stand still too long for them :P

oh lastly: romero's maps definitely needs more attention. I love his mapping, even tho I often find his recent levels very technical and difficult to fully "understand" and max. It reminds me a couple map of TGH with insane mapping details and skill.

edit: some typos, I wrote like a drunkyard gosh

Edited by blob1024

Blind race between GarrettChan and me on Dark Covenant, Maps 11 and 12.

My demo: darkcv11-12blind1533.zip

Successful run: 15m33 (no deaths)

Map 11 was a pleasant surprise. Despite being larger than it needed to be (a common fault with all Dark Covenant maps), it was still enjoyable to play, and to watch the Mastermind demolish TWO cyberdemons. However, in map 12 the typical "wackyness" of Dark Covenant returned in the form of gigantic hallways and rooms that were mostly empty. Almost no challenge as ammo, armor, and health were in excess. No particularly difficult encounters or traps, beyond the crusher trap at the blue key, which honestly just feels trolly. So, in the end, I found that maps 9, 10, and 11 were the most enjoyable from all of Dark Covenant.

@GarrettChan You can post your demo here if you want :)