Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nightwing1230

why is gdzoom stuck at 30fps?

I don't think rendering interpolation wouldn't have much to do that - that smooths out the step rate of monsters and such (and that's 35 FPS anyway).

He's getting EXACTLY 30, so it might be due to VSync - too slow to maintain 60 + VSync on = immediate chop to 30.

The vid_maxfps cvar may also have something to do with it. 'vid_maxfps 200' in console should set that as the default just in case that was somehow affected.

9 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

I don't think rendering interpolation wouldn't have much to do that - that smooths out the step rate of monsters and such (and that's 35 FPS anyway). 

He's getting EXACTLY 30, so it might be due to VSync - too slow to maintain 60 + VSync on = immediate chop to 30. 

Wouldn't that be the interpolate monster movement setting in display settings? You may have a point with vsync though. Either that or nightwing is using a video capturing program or graphics card setting that's limiting the fps. Or the cvar was changed as UndeadRyker says.

2 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

No that's double buffered vsync, which I don't believe gzdoom has. Having less than 60 with standard vsync just gives you very uneven frame times. Typically it's more of a case of somebody disabling interpolation (which affects everything not just monsters, if at all as they don't move with momentum) and then getting 35 but calling it 30 because they don't understand the significance of 35.

2 hours ago, Edward850 said:

and then getting 35 but calling it 30 because they don't understand the significance of 35.

The screenshot shows 30 quite clearly.

Just now, InDOOMnesia said:

>that title typo

Xaser would be proud.

A source port where its main feature is zooming in using the OpenGL renderer.

6 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

A source port where its main feature is zooming in using the OpenGL renderer.

With an annoying sidekick named G.D. Zoomer who will immediately kill any monster that seems too old.

2 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

With an annoying sidekick named G.D. Zoomer who will immediately kill any monster that seems too old.

With the occassional piece of advice from long time veteran, P.R. Boomer.

24 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

With the occassional piece of advice from long time veteran, P.R. Boomer.

That, of course, gets met by "OK Boomer" and summarily ignored.

3 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

That, of course, gets met by "OK Boomer" and summarily ignored.

Gentlemen, here we have an excellent case of ''It's funny, because it is true.''

Please take notes.

What hardware is this on? When I tested GZDoom with the Intel HD 4000 in my CPU it also dropped down to 30 when it couldn't maintain 60 fps, which was quite frequent - albeit not for IWAD maps.