Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DJVCardMaster

Midtexture won't appear in Vanilla

I have this midtexture placed here.

image.png.0bf08c14ed115684a89e082f643800e3.png

It appears on ports like GZDoom, but not in Vanilla.

Screenshot_Doom_20200825_194936.png.2aed08c67dd360a8511c087da16490a6.png

Vanilla here.

image.png.105ce577df94ddfad73194349340749b.png

Any idea of how to solve this problem?

Does the texture use more than one patch? IIRC vanilla can only handle transparent midtextures that use a single patch.

7 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Does the texture use more than one patch? IIRC vanilla can only handle transparent midtextures that use a single patch.

Yes, it is only one patch.

Try putting the midtextures on new lines that are only a unit or so in from that outer wall. So instead of on the same wall, draw them 1-4 units inwards and adjust offsets.

Some guesses:

* Your new texture isn't defined in a vanilla-compatible way

* You're doing something with offsets/lower unpegged flag that doesn't work how you'd expect with vanilla

It would help if we could see the texture definition, since the error is most likely there. (Though you could rule out problems with offsets and lower unpegged by using another texture that's known to work) Another potential option (if you have a patch that's larger than the texture itself, perhaps) is a negative offset getting clamped.

3 hours ago, Nevander said:

Try putting the midtextures on new lines that are only a unit or so in from that outer wall. So instead of on the same wall, draw them 1-4 units inwards and adjust offsets.

Impossible, VPO risk for doing that.

41 minutes ago, SaladBadger said:

Another potential option (if you have a patch that's larger than the texture itself, perhaps) is a negative offset getting clamped.

I was thinking about that, I think that's the problem, since the texture extends itself a little bit more than it shows. I'll make sure to check it out.

How tall is the texture? I seem to remember some weirdness with how Vanilla handles vertical offsets of midtextures that aren't exactly 128 pixels tall.

Maybe try putting the texture somewhere out in the open (not against a ledge) and see if it lines up where you expect it to when it's lower unpegged.