Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtimZarr1

The Ancient Gods - Trailer and Release Date

6 hours ago, Hunting4r2d2 said:

Here's the full interview from Pcgames that gives a lot of info on the new DLC, including how the Blood Angel will work, the name of the new heaven area, and when to expect part two: https://www.pcgamesn.com/doom-eternal/ancient-gods-dlc-interview

Here are TLDR notes from that link:

* Level order goes from (1) UAC sea facility -> (2) Hell blood swamp -> (3) Urdak

* New Hellified turret AI that was seen briefly in the Eye of Kalibas fight. Now is a recurring ambient enemy.

* Blood Angel - a demonic angel. The SSG-Ballista combo won't work, instead you must land precision head shots "under duress". The Blood Angel is normally armored but removes it armor when attacking. Comparable to Maykr Drone and Marauder.

* Spirit - a dead Summoner that has been resurrected. Possesses other demons to buff them. Not just extra damage and speed, but also their weak points become indestructible, the demon can no longer be faltered, and they are also resistant to Ballista damage. Once you expose the Spirit by killing its host, you need to kill it quickly with the Microwave Beam.

* "We've done some funny things with the tentacles..." to add surprises as a support AI.

* Will visit a forest in Urdak called Equestrian Hold. Described as beautiful and eerie. Blood swamp also to have new ideas for it.

* The story "takes place relatively shortly after" the base campaign.

* Harder than the base campaign. If you beat the base campaign on UV, you might want to try HMP at first.

* Originally there were going to be Gargoyles and Imps in the two-Marauder encounter but was too frustrating. Two Marauders is quite intense and Zombies are more "chill" for that encounter. Seems like there will be multiple encounters too: "So there will be some moments of double Marauders..."

* Not DLC related, but apparently there is a higher percentage of players that have completed Eternal over 2016.

Thanks for sharing this information.

1 hour ago, AtimZarr1 said:

* Not DLC related, but apparently there is a higher percentage of players that have completed Eternal over 2016.

Now this is interesting. Is it ratio wise? Or could it be that the re-vamped Doom franchise had more traction by Eternal release, backed by more marketing resulting in higher purchases therefore completions.

1 hour ago, Chezza said:

Thanks for sharing this information.

Now this is interesting. Is it ratio wise? Or could it be that the re-vamped Doom franchise had more traction by Eternal release, backed by more marketing resulting in higher purchases therefore completions.

They mentioned percentage of players rather than total player count. Their claim is also backed up by Steam achievement completion percentages too:

32.8% of Doom 2016 owners have beat the game (Knee Deep in the Dead achievement)

40.3% of Doom Eternal owners have beat the game (The Once and Future Slayer achievement)

---

Some other interesting tidbits:

83.4% of Doom 2016 owners have beat The UAC, while 85.4% of Doom Eternal owners have beat Hell on Earth.

43.1% of Doom 2016 owners have fully upgraded a Praetor Suit path, while 53.9% of Doom Eternal owners have fully upgraded a Praetor Suit path.

39.8% of Doom 2016 owners have fully upgraded health/armor/ammo, while 47.2% of Doom Eternal owners have fully upgraded health/armor/ammo.

7.0% of Doom 2016 owners have fully upgraded the Praetor Suit paths, while 27.2% of Doom Eternal owners have fully upgraded Praetor Suit paths.

4.4% of Doom 2016 owners have collected all data logs, while 19.3% of Doom Eternal owners have collected all Codex entries.

2.8% of Doom 2016 owners have mastered all weapon mods, while 9.1% of Doom Eternal owners have mastered all weapon mods.

---

On topic, I wonder if we'll have a fight where a Marauder gets possessed by a Spirit...

14 hours ago, AtimZarr1 said:

Here are TLDR notes from that link:

* Level order goes from (1) UAC sea facility -> (2) Hell blood swamp -> (3) Urdak

* New Hellified turret AI that was seen briefly in the Eye of Kalibas fight. Now is a recurring ambient enemy.

* Blood Angel - a demonic angel. The SSG-Ballista combo won't work, instead you must land precision head shots "under duress". The Blood Angel is normally armored but removes it armor when attacking. Comparable to Maykr Drone and Marauder.

* Spirit - a dead Summoner that has been resurrected. Possesses other demons to buff them. Not just extra damage and speed, but also their weak points become indestructible, the demon can no longer be faltered, and they are also resistant to Ballista damage. Once you expose the Spirit by killing its host, you need to kill it quickly with the Microwave Beam.

* "We've done some funny things with the tentacles..." to add surprises as a support AI.

* Will visit a forest in Urdak called Equestrian Hold. Described as beautiful and eerie. Blood swamp also to have new ideas for it.

* The story "takes place relatively shortly after" the base campaign.

* Harder than the base campaign. If you beat the base campaign on UV, you might want to try HMP at first.

* Originally there were going to be Gargoyles and Imps in the two-Marauder encounter but was too frustrating. Two Marauders is quite intense and Zombies are more "chill" for that encounter. Seems like there will be multiple encounters too: "So there will be some moments of double Marauders..."

-The DLC sounds too short, i guess that if i already have the game i dont have to buy the DLC too right? Games are too expensive in my country and 99% of them are not worth the price, Eternal included, specially given the lack of replayabilty value.

-I never understood the "SSG-Ballista combo", i barely used the Ballista and only because the game forces you to use all weapons (and only with the weapon wheel) i certainly did not used it with the Marauder, is faster to give it two shots of the SSG.

-The new enemies sound cool but here we go again with the "you have to play and kill them like we force you to" bullshit.

-Tentacles suck.

-Could care less about the story, the one in Eternal was like the story of the comic book. Cringe.

-I like that is gonna be harder, that was one of the strong points of Eternal, i just hope is difficult but fair so if i die is only on me and not because of the game design.

-What is frustrating are the Marauders themselves, they are not consistent with their own rules and they break the flow of the game, we will see how two of them at the same time works but i am not very optimistic.

19 minutes ago, D88M3R said:

-The DLC sounds too short, i guess that if i already have the game i dont have to buy the DLC too right? Games are too expensive in my country and 99% of them are not worth the price, Eternal included, specially given the lack of replayabilty value.

I mean, the DLC is worth about 1/4th of DOOM Eternal, and three stages is about 1/4th the length of the game so it seems fair to me.

4 hours ago, D88M3R said:

Random stuff

I don't why you keep coming back to a game you Hate and wishing for it to magically change to your version if a game? Thats not how that works.

Doom Eternal isnt for you, and thats not gonna change anytime soon (if at all)

Its like someone who hates milk keeps drinking milk and complaining it taste like milk .

19 시간 전에 D88M3R은 다음과 같이 말했습니다.

Doom Eternal is more replayable than expected. This is because it allows more dense play than the 2016 work.

In Nightmare, super shotguns, ballistas, and rockets that can produce firepower, whether you like or not, are mostly used. In most users' videos, those three of the heavy weapons that are mainly used are representative.

It was not a bad challenge when I had already faced three Marauders in mode.

On 8/27/2020 at 2:16 PM, AtimZarr1 said:

Will release 10/20/20

Fantastic! Glad we're getting some more DOOM Eternal so soon after the main game :)

IGN posted a video in which Hugo Martin breaksdown the new trailer:

Spoiler

TLDR:

-Provides more info on Urdak, confirming it to be Heaven as well as explaining that it serves as a highway to other dimensions

-The Blood Angel is a possessed/demonic angel and is also female

-The Spirit (and therefore the Summoner) is also confirmed to be female. Also says that spirits will be able to buff Marauders.

-When the Seraphim refers to serving the Gods he means serving those in Urdak, similar to what Doomguy did in Argent D'nur before the civil war broke out. Also says the the Doom Slayer might not go along with serving the Gods again.

-Hints towards future encounters not shown off in the DLC, such as a buffed Marauder. 

-Weirdly there is a huge section of the video blacked out, however at certain points you will still hear Hugo speak. In it he thanks the original creators of Doom (13:36) and also mentions that there will be a boss fight with a character that people have wanted to "punch in the face." (22:28) 

-Says the DLC will be 4-5 hours long. It will contain 3 levels, and a new hub location (23:45)

- Says new AI will have new Glory Kills(24:32)

There's probably a few things I left out, but this video was just packed with info.

4 hours ago, Hunting4r2d2 said:

IGN posted a video in which Hugo Martin breaksdown the new trailer:

내용 숨기기

TLDR:

-Provides more info on Urdak, confirming it to be Heaven as well as explaining that it serves as a highway to other dimensions

-The Blood Angel is a possessed/demonic angel and is also female

-The Spirit (and therefore the Summoner) is also confirmed to be female. Also says that spirits will be able to buff Marauders.

-When the Seraphim refers to serving the Gods he means serving those in Urdak, similar to what Doomguy did in Argent D'nur before the civil war broke out. Also says the the Doom Slayer might not go along with serving the Gods again.

-Hints towards future encounters not shown off in the DLC, such as a buffed Marauder. 

-Weirdly there is a huge section of the video blacked out, however at certain points you will still hear Hugo speak. In it he thanks the original creators of Doom (13:36) and also mentions that there will be a boss fight with a character that people have wanted to "punch in the face." (22:28) 

-Says the DLC will be 4-5 hours long. It will contain 3 levels, and a new hub location (23:45)

- Says new AI will have new Glory Kills(24:32)

There's probably a few things I left out, but this video was just packed with info.

Is the dlc 4-5 hours sound for Part One only or for both Part 1 and 2?

If there's a new HUB, i wonder if it'd have its own side content and stuff too, like the Fortress of Doom.

Did they ever confirm the mechs, ogres and dragons from that concept art? I wonder if the HUB will be another Sentinel related area.

They also bring up something about a boss being punched, so i wonder if that's the Erebus guy from the art book that i hope isn't thrown away in favor of Kalibas from Nekravol.

1 hour ago, whatup876 said:

If there's a new HUB, i wonder if it'd have its own side content and stuff too, like the Fortress of Doom.

Did they ever confirm the mechs, ogres and dragons from that concept art? I wonder if the HUB will be another Sentinel related area.

They also bring up something about a boss being punched, so i wonder if that's the Erebus guy from the art book that i hope isn't thrown away in favor of Kalibas from Nekravol.

Thinking that it will be Hayden(Seraphim), Hugo has dropped many hints in this regard now, including a confrontation between him and the Slayer.

18 minutes ago, Midas-22 said:

Thinking that it will be Hayden(Seraphim), Hugo has dropped many hints in this regard now, including a confrontation between him and the Slayer.

Makes sense, I would say it's verses Sam too. All the hints we've gathered suggests a confrontation with him.

So if we get possessed Marauders, which seems like that can/will happen, can we also have BUFFED Marauders from either the Arch Vile or a Totem? Imagine a buffed and possessed Marauder. Yes please!

Since the Spirit removes weak points, does that mean we can't hit the Marauder when his eyes flash green? That'd be amazing to battle against.

Did that IGN video get cut down?
None of those timestamps mentioned are there anymore, it's only like ten minutes long.

14 hours ago, Hunting4r2d2 said:

mentions that there will be a boss fight with a character that people have wanted to "punch in the face."

It's definitely Samuel Hayden.

It's not like there are other characters anyway. Olivia's dead, the Hell Priests are dead, VEGA is an AI and therefore does not have a face, everyone else is inconsequential.

But even if it had a big cast with a hundred other characters in various roles, "the character that people want to punch in the face" would still definitely be Samuel Hayden.

Agreed, that's gotta be Hayden.

Unless there's gonna be a scrapped arcade machine easter egg of 'Super Turbo Marauder Puncher III' - I'd play that........LOTS. 

1 hour ago, The Civ said:

None of those timestamps mentioned are there anymore, it's only like ten minutes long.

Apparently. I remember seeing the video at 26 mins in length before saving it to watch later. A few people in the YouTube comments section claim they also saw it as 26 mins.

6 hours ago, The Civ said:

Yea, looks like it was cut down, I don't think they intended to include those extra 16 minutes either since most of it was just a black screen with Hugo's voice occasionally popping in to say something.

11 hours ago, Midas-22 said:

I also believe the boss will be Hayden/Seraphim. To further add to this, in the now removed section of the video Hugo mentioned that this character that we fight develops to that point. There aren't many characters in Doom who experience any development besides Hayden (and VEGA, but he's been nothing but nice).

DLC could be 3 - 5 levels.  5 levels would be huge.  Potential campaign layout...

1.  Oceanic UAC Base

2.  Blood Swamps Part 1 (Hell)

3.  Blood Swamps Part 2 (Wraith/Quake temple area)

4.  Return to Urdak

5.  Forest of Urdak

i've been waiting for the day i can take on more than one marauder at the same time, i've played DE so much that they're not even a challenge anymore.

this dlc is going to give me a fun couple of weeks.

now this is some type ofshit that I hate

"Once you expose the Spirit by killing its host, you need to kill it quickly with the Microwave Beam."

they knew this mod was barely used and was dogshit mostly anyway cuz it forced u to stand still, and now they're forcing it on players, fuck that

I think that's like, the single gameplay mechanic id is doing that I don't know how I feel about, though in practice it could be not much a problem (the nature of the DLC will ensure you're always there with the plasma beam available). It'll probably work out in theory given that fighting the buffed monster will be more involved, but I guess we'll see.

It's just strange to me because for the most part Doom Eternal isn't near as restricted as some make it out to be, and players discuss to no end the merits of different ways of doing things. Yeah, precision bolt is made for weak spots and does bonus damage to ensure its value, but against arachnotrons and possibly mancs if you don't have it available you can do a sticky bomb, and later on the ballista provides another option. And hey, you can just shoot them with any gun.  Something like the marauder, where burst weapons excel, they excel because there's not some big bonus they have, but they work because they work with the characteristics of the monster. Their inability to defend their rear also opens up additional options. But here? They are putting their foot down and saying you absolutely have to do something in a specific way. I'm confident it will work out to some degree, since it's a minor part of a bigger battle, but I guess we'll see.

You know, I'm a bit surprised Doom Eternal and to my knowledge the DLC hasn't explored further into the worm like specie controlling the Hell Guards. Some of them were even captured and studied within UAC's laboratories.

I would like to see these guys make a return as a Super Heavy demon, behaving a bit differently though (has a weak spot, can break its armour apart, less invulnerability etc).

2 hours ago, Chezza said:

You know, I'm a bit surprised Doom Eternal and to my knowledge the DLC hasn't explored further into the worm like specie controlling the Hell Guards. Some of them were even captured and studied within UAC's laboratories.

I hope id doesn't bring back the Hell Guard or something similar. It felt so weird and not Doom-like at all.

FYI - In that 10 minute video, Hugo Martin did say that these two DLCs would constitute the end of the current three-part story that began with Doom 2016 and continued through Doom Eternal, but that there are "certainly more Doom stories to tell" or words to that effect.  On that note, I don't get the sense that we'll be fighting the Dark Lord in either of these DLCs, but maybe I'm wrong.  Honestly, none of the story stuff really matters as far as sequel bait; they can always just make new stuff up at any time.