Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

20 hours ago, hybridial said:

Well, I have started a run as a fighter-mage in Baldur's Gate 2 and I'd really like to finish this run for once. I've started a whole bunch of times but only made it to the end truly once, with a couple of runs being ruined by something breaking. (that was pre-Enhanced Edition though so hoping that won't be an issue anymore) I'm going to run with Minsc, Aerie, Yoshimo (at least until that point*), Jaheira and Mazzy, but I recruited Nalia first to get the fighter stronghold, will swap her out when I do get to Mazzy. And I also hope to take it to the end of Throne of Bhaal as well, I have never played that much. I've never even entered Watchers Keep, honestly I think if any game genuinely qualifies as having too much quality** content it does. 

Good luck, it's an absolute monster of game but so good, I always end up running an evil party due to conflicts but try to play RP neutral. 

Its worth forcing your way through level one/floor one of Watchers Keep for some nice loot and save the rest for later. 

Spiritfarer. And god damn it is it making me cry.

It could be loosely described as Hygge: The Game. It's a very relaxed, no-pressure experience.

But yes, it will emotionally wreck you at times.

Also, despite what the trailer says, it's Steam/Epic Store/GOG/Stadia/XBox One/PS4/Switch.

Edited by Dark Pulse

I may be addicted to Quake again. Finished the base game for the gazillionth time and am about to go through every worthwhile SP level of at least average rating on Quaddicted, and by year.

Recently started playing UT99 again. This is honestly one of my favorite games of all time (but THE favorite will always be Unreal [Gold Edition], I am also replaying that). Started a new tournament, but damn is the third match so hard! I don't wanna lower the difficulty.... what is sad is, levels before and after it (and any practice sessions) that difficulty I can go through, but it is just the way this map is. The bot always goes for the electric shield in the center of the map, you have Shock Rifles and Rocket Launchers as your only weapon options. So unless you get the upperhand, you're screwed lol. I'll beat it eventually. It has been awhile since I've played UT99 (which is why I am surprised I can do this difficulty level at all), but no matter how many years have past the third match was always a pain. 

Just now, Lila Feuer said:

@Kokoro Hane Unreal 1 is amazing! What difficulty are you doing on UT? I was going through it on Skilled last time (and Unreal on Very Hard with 227 patch).

Yes, Unreal 1 is amazing <3

On UT, I am currently going through Adept. For Unreal, just Medium since I hadn't played in awhile (I will probably up it next run through). 

@Kokoro Hane

Yeah Adept is pretty damn hard actually, at least to me, I couldn't beat the Skaarj hybrids when they show up.

Unreal's difficulties I always thought were extremely balanced, Medium never felt easy nor hard, very relaxing. I've beat the game on every difficulty except Easy, since I figure it will be what it says on the tin, a cakewalk.

Just now, Lila Feuer said:

@Kokoro Hane

Yeah Adept is pretty damn hard actually, at least to me, I couldn't beat the Skaarj hybrids when they show up.

Unreal's difficulties I always thought were extremely balanced, Medium never felt easy nor hard, very relaxing. I've beat the game on every difficulty except Easy, since I figure it will be what it says on the tin, a cakewalk.

Adept is the highest level I have been able to play on UT99 (although using auto adjust during the practice sessions, I once and only once, reached Inhuman, which is just below Godlike... imma have to play this game a lot more to ever reach that again haha). 

Unreal definitely has a very balanced difficulty level. Medium I feel is just a perfect amount of action, but leaves enough breather to really explore the planet and enjoy the atmosphere. 

3 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

@Kokoro Hane Yes, Inhuman and Godlike is when the AI begins to cheat! So I was interested in Adept since it is as hard as it can get without introducing gimmicks.

Haha oh really? I don't remember the bots cheating, then again, I rarely played on Godlike ('cause obviously I get creamed lol, unless you do an Instagib match then everyone has a chance if you're a good shot). 

Personally speaking, I can beat a single Godlike AI in a 1 vs 1 match (even then it gets really hard if the bot is Loque or Tamerlane) but in team games, Masterful is probably the highest difficulty where I can mostly win a match. Above Masterful is pretty much how my bots vs opponent bots perform.

I knew I was forgetting a difficulty, it's Masterful that is as hard as it can get without the bots being able to see all around them at all times, and having inhuman accuracy.

Currently Playing Classic Shadow Warrior and Classic Halo Games. No Pay? No Gay.

519362576_scr-SeppukuStation-0000.png.b8b379179b9516c78311eb659d27590f.png

image.png.d0c204945157b580078a7c21ae02f941.png (Don't ask why the Image is very small)

13 hours ago, HitBoi64 said:

Currently Playing Classic Shadow Warrior and Classic Halo Games. No Pay? No Gay.

519362576_scr-SeppukuStation-0000.png.b8b379179b9516c78311eb659d27590f.png

What source port and mod are you using (looking at the HUD)

I am about to start a blind playthrough of Gibbous: A Cthulhu adventure, I am hoping that I will enjoy this game.

2 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

Im using BuildGdx (it has a alternative Hud), With no Mods.

And i also think that the Classic Redux has a Alt Hud. 

2 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

That's GDX's modern partial HUD. It has similar HUDs for the other games, notably Exhumed.

i'm replaying Wild Arms.  i've played it once a year since it's release.  know it like the back of my hand, never lost, but it's the video game equivalent of comfort food.

Playing Quake II with the 3.24 patch in software mode with qbism's 8-bit colored lighting and it looks so much more aesthetically pleasing this way, much more gritty and visually consistent with the original Quake.

BTW I found that OpenGL mode with disabled texture filtering is the sweet spot for me in terms of Q2 looks. This way you get both high resolution and nice crisp pixels instead of smudged mess.

That's the setting I use:

gl_texturemode GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_NEAREST

To me it just feels wrong to disable the visual bells and whistles, since Quake games were always cutting edge in terms graphics (at least until Unreal came along :P) but both Q1 and Q2 benefit quite a lot from disabled filtering. Pixels - good, blurry mess - bad.

8 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

@Rathori You'll also want to use gl_round_down "0" to fix the textures.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it the next time I play.

11 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

Playing Quake II with the 3.24 patch in software mode with qbism's 8-bit colored lighting and it looks so much more aesthetically pleasing this way, much more gritty and visually consistent with the original Quake.

Yeah, I take this back, it looks really friggin' ugly in a buncha places as time goes on. I switched to Yamagi Q2 which I haven't used in a long time, only to realize they changed the damn HUD to the one KMQuake II has. I wanted the original dammit! Also the crosshair is now red for some reason and I don't really like that either.

3 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

I switched to Yamagi Q2 which I haven't used in a long time, only to realize they changed the damn HUD to the one KMQuake II has. I wanted the original dammit! Also the crosshair is now red for some reason and I don't really like that either.

That sucks, it was also my source port of choice. Luckily they have an archive with all the binaries versions they've ever released, so you could try getting Yamagi 7.30, which still has the original HUD and white crosshair.

8 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

I switched to Yamagi Q2 which I haven't used in a long time, only to realize they changed the damn HUD to the one KMQuake II has. I wanted the original dammit! Also the crosshair is now red for some reason and I don't really like that either.

I think the HUD might be removable by deleting a .pak(or .pk3) file that contains the HUD graphics.

I didn't think yamagi came with that. Every build I've ever got of it didn't come with any custom content, and I'm looking at the archive of the current build straight from the Yamagi website and I see nothing of the sort, and I can run it right now and I have the old HUD and no ugly red crosshairs, so I dunno.

I remember civvie complaining about it in his video, so I'm really freakin curious where this is coming from. Do people still have a pak file from kmquake2 left over and they switched ports at some point?