Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Job

Ever scare yourself?

When I was in the bathroom of my dorm hall this morning, I saw a poster that warned the students about someone who had been assaulted by a man who was about 5" 8" with long dark hair and a light brown complexion and was a medium/heavy build. I thought nothing of it and went through my day having forgotten about the poster.

Later, at 7:00 I went to see Red Dragon which was showing at the university theater. It wasn't too crowded, but I couldn't help but notice a suspicious-looking man in sitting by himself in the farthest chair, away from everyone. I also couldn't help but notice that he was looking at me. Frequently. But I just tried to relax and watch the movie, which was rather good. When I got up to leave I didn't notice him until I saw he was right behind me. As I left the University Center, I noticed he was gaining on me.

About a half block later he had overrun me and was about 10 paces ahead of me. Suddenly, he turned and did a 180 to face me. Our eyes locked and my heart jumped to my throat...I was frozen in my tracks as the cold air of Winter swirled about me. He then walked past me, keeping his eyes on mine, and bumped me...Nothing could prepare me for this moment. My heart was paralyzed with fear, my soul saturated with it. I thought I was going to be another bathroom poster...

He said..."Excuse me." And walked away back toward the University Center.

I thought I was going to die but, fortunately, I was spared to make this post. I guess the movie got me wound up pretty badly. Have you ever had an experience like this, where you thought you were in dire straits but you ended up humorously?

This one summer I swore it was the end of the world, so I hid in my basement...heh.

This one time, I was walking in my house, and there was this room, I dunno what it did, but it had a neato bowl and a long container type Dee-Lee, and I was checking the place out when all of a sudden some horrid creature was Looking right at me and mimicing me on the wall. This thing was putrid beyond belief, and was just following me like some type of game. I swear once I saw that thing, I ran as fast as I could out the door, and then, it just dissapeared. I now craw by this wall, to ensure it doesnt scare me again. :D

One time I was walking through this store looking for clothes, and there was this dude walking toward me who was about to bump into me (which caught me majorly offguard), so I quickly stepped to the left of the aisle and he also stepped to my left. I stepped to the other side even faster, as did he. I almost walked into him before I realized I was looking at a mirror.

I was sleeping downstairs in the living room of my house as a small child. I was woken up by the shrill cry of a cat, which sounded like a woman screaming. It was frightening as hell.

OMG this was scary. I live in a good neighborhood too. A few days after I joined Doomworld, it was minutes before midnight, and my brother started showing me this cool Tool-ish website. You move the cursor(magnifying glass)over this little map with a pentagram on it, and different spooky noises would come out.

Seconds later, we heard *bink bink bink*. Then again. We turned down the volume. *bink bink bink*. It was coming from the sliding door, 7 feet behind us, shades pulled closed. We turned around to listen for it again. *bink bink bink* Definately coming from the window. *bink* We ran through the kitchen, up the stairs, into my bedroom and closed the door. We walked to the window and looked way down to where the sliding door is.

One person was standing there, knocking at the window, and finally walked back to the sidewalk, where 2 other teens were waiting. They walked away. We looked up at the trees scattered in the back of the yard, they were covered in something grey. Toilet paper! We got totally TP'ed. Man that was a night to remember.

Vulg@r, that was me... well, at least the description fits, kinda (maybe I'm a bit taller.)

Vulg@r said:
I was sleeping downstairs in the living room of my house as a small child. I was woken up by the shrill cry of a cat, which sounded like a woman screaming. It was frightening as hell.

Damn, that actually reminds me of something. Many many years ago, and I mean like back when I was like starting elementary school, a friend of mine and I were exploring around our neighborhood (this was back when most lots were empty). It was late afternoon, in the fall I believe just because it was kind of cool outside and a little overcast. We made our way to the entrance of our neighborhood which, besides for the wind was pretty quiet. Back then 290 wasn't travelled all that much, so passing cars weren't as common as they are now. Anyway, about 20 feet into the woods from the right side of the entrance we found this old shack. Thinking back on it, it was really odd to find something like that all alone there. We made our way inside to see what we could find. There were a couple of desks in there, a lamp or two, some pencils, a lot of files and papers and stuff... all of them really old and obviously exposed to the elements, and there was a typewriter. Really creepy stuff, ya know? And everything was just so dismal, and dark, and colorless. The wind was hitting the sides of the shack which made the windows rattle and I was getting really creeped out. I just didn't feel right... being in there, or the place itself. And there was always the feeling like I was being watched. It didn't help that my friend kept saying how the place had to be haunted or something, because he didn't feel right about being there either. We dug through a lot of stuff and ended up taking the typewriter along with a few other small things, and then headed back to his house. I remember that back away from his house (and much farther away from the street), he had a small little house-like... thing... like a fort or something the size of a large doghouse... and that's where we took all of this stuff to. We thought we were all slick for getting out of that place safe, though we were obviously still a little scared of it, and as we were looking at all of this stuff, his older brother got home. I don't know what the hell he did but he made this horribly loud screaching sound, and I mean loud... though of course we didn't know it was him at the time, and even know I can only assume that he was resposible. All I know is that we were sitting there with our loot and this ghastly noise hits us, and we just froze instantly, like it was some kind of vengeful spirit or something. Hell, I was scared for hours after that.

When I was 13 I think, I would flinch and gasp every time anyone would raise a hand around me. EVERY time. Funny thing is I was not abused...

I hate it when dog's seemingly sneak up on you at night when you're walking down the street and start barking at you and running around you, espicially when they're big!

Other than that Dogs are cute.

One time I was home alone with one of my friends. We got ourselves an Ouija-bord to play around with. We went up to the attic, turned all the lights off and lit up a few candles. We started asking some questions, and although we didn't believe in evil spirits, we were pretty freaked out and our hearts were beating pretty fast.

Suddenly, out of the blue, my friend starts screaming: "AAAAHHHHH, What's THAT!!???" He started pointing in the direction opposite of what I was looking at. I turned around really fast looking at... Nothing.

He started laughing and I realized he was playing around. I have never ever been so scared in my whole life. What a jackass.

I was once sitting on my computer in the dark (I was just about to go to bed) and reading supernatural stories and stuff on the net. Suddenly a whole pile of boxes fell from a chest of drawers. I was so fucking scared, it was dark and I didn't know what to do. Switching on the light I realised it was only the boxes, but this didn't stop me from being unable to sleep for the whole night.

ZarcyB said:

I was once sitting on my computer in the dark (I was just about to go to bed) and reading supernatural stories and stuff on the net.

That reminds me of something. Sometimes I read about poltergeists and stuff like that, and at nights I start hearing all kinds of strange noises. These sounds normally are there too, but I didn't pay any attention to them. It's funny how a single story can put all my senses on high alert and not make me sleep much for days.

I'm a pretty paranoid person with an active imagination... I keep thinking that during the night there's aliens or ghosts in my room, since I rarely sleep well these days. I'm just being stupid though. Sometimes I'm almost tempted to set up a mic/webcam to catch these aliens/ghosts. Yes, mock me.

I think ideas can scare me pretty easily. For example, the possibility of a war disturbs my nights of sleep. Regarding Disorder's story: I once had a similar experience, but then with the table (with the ouija-board on it) shaking. Since the tablesheets reach to the ground, I didn't see the dude that crawled under it ... :-P But it still scared the hell outta me (and most other people participating)!

ZarcyB said:

I'm a pretty paranoid person with an active imagination... I keep thinking that during the night there's aliens or ghosts in my room, since I rarely sleep well these days. I'm just being stupid though. Sometimes I'm almost tempted to set up a mic/webcam to catch these aliens/ghosts. Yes, mock me.

Have you tried something like a faint bed light? Keeping it lit all night might help...

scorpion said:

Have you tried something like a faint bed light? Keeping it lit all night might help...

I might try that. It's probably just stress though, I've been pretty stressed out the last few months.

I've been rung no less than 3 times this year already by female friends from uni who swear they're being followed down in town. Each time I drove down to meet them it turned out to false alarms, but I've been there myself. It's all too easy to worry.