Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jazzmaster9

Abysm 2: Infernal Contract - NEW VERSION! v1.3 - Action RPG TC for Doom 2

Minor update Uploaded:
- Minor Texture Alignment correction
- Fixed a potential Softlock with one of the secret Bosses. (thank you ValeriePalerie for catching that)
[EDIT]

- Corrected Various Grammar Errors and Misspelling (thank you QuakedoomNukem for the corrections)

this current version is now beta v.1.1

Edited by jazzmaster9

22 minutes ago, Kachakeño said:

Can't run on LZDoom 3.86a. Probably needs compatibility. 

22 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

Before Playing be sure you have atleast GZDoom V.4.2.4

I read your warning already. I just wanted to make sure if it can run on LZDoom. I test Doom mods and TC from a low-end PC after all. 

I swear to god, if the mancubi in this have their attack pattern mirrored just like in the first Abysm, I'm going show up in your room at night with a pair of clippers and personally steal your toenails while you're asleep.

Update Uploaded

- Changed Mystic Helga's Soul Shard mechanic; Soul shards are now exchanged for White and Black mana.
+150 White Mana and +100 Black mana per Soul Shard
- Vqrious Items and Chests replaced and Repositioned in the Overworld

- Removed the A_FastChase and Extra Fast modifier for the Old General, Griggs
- Fixed the XP Gain and Soul reward for the Overseer. (thank you ValeriePalerie for catching that)
- Various Geometry Changes in the Overworld map and Map 17
- Texture Alignment correction

this current version is now beta v.1.2

1 hour ago, Willy W. said:

I swear to god, if the mancubi in this have their attack pattern mirrored just like in the first Abysm, I'm going show up in your room at night with a pair of clippers and personally steal your toenails while you're asleep.

I will neither confirm or deny that this might be the case.

Update uploded:
- Added Dialogue for the Tavern Keeper
player is able to full heal and purchase apples
- Changed White Mana pickup amount from 6-5
- Changed Black Mana pickup amount from 5-4
- Change Geometry on the Tavern
- Minor Texture Alignment.

Edited by jazzmaster9

10 hours ago, Salt-Man Z said:

I LOVED the first Abysm, so I'm looking forward to playing this!

Thank you so much. Let me know what you think of it. 

We appreciate feedback and suggestions to make the mod better.

1 hour ago, Kachakeño said:

You won't make a LZDoom compatible version, will you? 

This mod was made specifically for GZDoom. if i am going to make an LZDoom version it wont be long after the final release.

Not comfortable maintaining a beta of 2 different version of this.

Hello,

Great mod thus far, as great as the first one.

I have found a minor geometry error on map14, crystaline passage:

Spoiler

image.png.9108420062b6b2805c509956cb9dd6f4.png

image.png.f6bf23bb683ba2fc0987978eb62d8cf7.png

6 hours ago, Lynn said:

Hello,

Great mod thus far, as great as the first one.

I have found a minor geometry error on map14, crystaline passage:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.9108420062b6b2805c509956cb9dd6f4.png

image.png.f6bf23bb683ba2fc0987978eb62d8cf7.png

Strange. I thought all of those were fixed :O

I will definitely fix that one in the next update. (And make sure of it)

Thank you

So I played through the wad... and it's pretty damn amazing. It's a massive improvement over the first Abysm in almost every regard.

Spoiler

The mirrored pattern on the mancubi is still a massive dick move.

I only encountered one issue on MAP09:

Spoiler

The first iron key door has a bunch of trigger lines on the right that open it without the need for the key.

But the whole wad was great fun, I especially liked MAP16.

Spoiler

The fleshy visuals combined with the ambient growling noises coming from all the mouth and the horrorish enemies made for amazing atmosphere. Definitely the most memorable part of the wad by far. It's really a shame that it's basically a secret map.

I think my only complaint is that it's a bit too easy, mainly thanks to absolute overabundance of healing items... at least that's the case until instant death mechanics are introduced, at which point the wad can be straight up unfair.

Spoiler

Death pits I'm almost fine with, but it's already the kind of thing that makes the wad unfit for a single segment playthrough... at least if the player values his sanity. But definitely the worst thing about this whole experience is the Smelter Demon bossfight - his charge attack being and instakill is a bit too much and the whole fight basically broils down to "keep moving and don't bump into a pillar, otherwise you're dead", which really doesn't make for a fun fight.

Actually come to think of it there's one more thing - the voice lines from the protagonist at least to me are a bit annoying. Maybe it's just me, but the cheesy Duke Nukem one-liners really don't fit the whole Diablo-esque aesthetic.

Spoiler

And at the sudden "Rip and tear until it is done." voice line I almost wanted to delete the wad.

But despite those details the wad is still great. I really dig the introduction of classes and attributes that basically make you favour certain weapons. That might actually make me replay the wad sometime later as another class. And also the elemental resistances are a fine addition, making you think twice about what kind of weapon or infusion to use.

Spoiler

At least unless you're playing as a sorcerer who just mows down everything with magic damage. The starting intelligence on that class is actually something you might want to nerf a bit.

But in any case I'll definitely be looking out for Abysm 3 in the future.

Update Uploaded (This version is now Beta v1.3)

- Removed and re positioned some Health Potions in Map 02, Map 03, Map 05 and the overworld. 

- Fixed the Mis-tagged Door in Map 09 (thank you Willy W. for finding this)

- Fixed the broken Slope Geometry in Map 14 (thank you Lynn for finding this)

- Change the Geometry in the Boss Arena in Map 07 to keep the Boss from getting stuck (and possibly cheesed)

3 hours ago, Willy W. said:

So I played through the wad... and it's pretty damn amazing. It's a massive improvement over the first Abysm

Thank you so much for playing the mod.

I only encountered one issue on MAP09:

Reveal hidden contents

The first iron key door has a bunch of trigger lines on the right that open it without the need for the key.

Thank you for finding this, this has been fixed in the Latest update.

I think my only complaint is that it's a bit too easy, mainly thanks to absolute overabundance of healing items

Agreed, I removed some of the Healing potions in early maps (Map 02, Map 03, Map 05 to be specific) and some in the overworld. 

the voice lines from the protagonist at least to me are a bit annoying. Maybe it's just me, but the cheesy Duke Nukem one-liners really don't fit the whole Diablo-esque aesthetic.

for this one, I'll keep the voice line. I wanted to give the player more of a character.

But despite those details the wad is still great. I really dig the introduction of classes and attributes that basically make you favour certain weapons. That might actually make me replay the wad sometime later as another class. And also the elemental resistances are a fine addition, making you think twice about what kind of weapon or infusion to use.

Reveal hidden contents

At least unless you're playing as a sorcerer who just mows down everything with magic damage. The starting intelligence on that class is actually something you might want to nerf a bit.

But in any case I'll definitely be looking out for Abysm 3 in the future.

I'm glad you enjoyed the mod. Thank you so much in providing feedback and suggestions I appreciate it :)

Edited by jazzmaster9

The Current version will now be considered Beta V.2
ModDB link will be updated Soon.

ModDB link Has been updated

Edited by jazzmaster9

Minor update Uploaded
- Fixed mistexturing on the Overworld
- Fixed some mid-texture clipping and blocking in Map 02 and the Overworld
- More Grammar and Spelling corrections

Hello again,

I have found another geometry error on map05:

Spoiler

image.png.163bc152a8447401bfb3b1583bd64032.pngimage.png.9836c24abc2a6c075b2029fd8e8bcd74.png

On map16, you also are not killed if you fall down in these holes:

Spoiler

image.png.f93978d127d6f91819933dd3625427e3.pngimage.png.19f4f820ad7cd636da170a21df68a20e.png

Edited by Lynn

Minor Update Uploaded

- Fixed Incorrect sector height in Map 05

- Added Instant Death damage on death pits in Map 16

3 hours ago, Lynn said:

Hello again,

I have found another geometry error on map05:

Hide contents

image.png.163bc152a8447401bfb3b1583bd64032.pngimage.png.9836c24abc2a6c075b2029fd8e8bcd74.png

On map16, you also are not killed if you fall down in these holes:

Hide contents

image.png.f93978d127d6f91819933dd3625427e3.pngimage.png.19f4f820ad7cd636da170a21df68a20e.png

Thank you so much for finding these.

They are now fixed in the Latest upload of Abysm 2.

ModDB link updated to current iteration of the Beta v.2 now known as Beta Version 2.1

Keep the Feedback and Suggestions coming guys.

Update:
With the Feedback and Suggestions winding down, I'm eyeballing a Version 1.0 full release within the next 1-2 weeks so keep an eye out for that.
Keep the feedback coming.

Beta v2.2 Uploaded
This will hopefully be the final beta version before full release
 - Changed player view height from 41 to 46 to have him be visually the same height as the NPCs.
 - Changed the Weapon and Spell Projectile Spawn heights to match the new view height.
 - Correct Weapon Offset for the Repeater to have it centered.

Minor Update Uploaded:
- Change geometry on the overworld map to enhance visuals.
- Added Ambient Sounds in the overworld.

Uploaded Beta V2.3

- Added Hot Key binds for Apples, Healing Potions and Mana Potions for quick access.

Tka8VKyl.png

Major Update Uploaded: Beta V.2.3 will be considered the Release Candidate for Version 1.0

- Added compat_explode1 which removes Vertical Thrusts from Splash Damage.

- New Cursor Graphic.

- Aesthetic Changes to the overworld.

Changing the Sail textures for the Ships and Making the Wheel on the ships a 3d Model (Thank you to TheMisterCat for making those)

H31pph0l.png

Edited by jazzmaster9

The Final release is Here!

After a month long open beta and internal testing, the Final release of Abysm 2: Infernal Contract is finally here.

Thank you so much to all who participated in the beta and who were able to give their feedback and suggestions.
Your input have helped greatly in making this a polished and better balanced product.

Various changes have been made since the first beta version came out more than month ago and all of it was possible with your help and support.

Again, Thank you So much  :D 

Minor update uploaded:
- Changed the Dialogue for Mystic Helga to show the amount of gold you get for selling rings.

- Corrected the file name to match the version of the mod v1.0
- Texture Alignment corrections

Minor Update Uploaded:
- Corrected some miss-textured walls.
- Fixed typos with NPC conversations.
- Fixed typos with Level Titles.
     - Bandit's Hideout corrected to Bandits' Hideout
     - Serpent's Nest corrected to Serpents' Nest