Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

Im going to reserve map 26 again to make some visual changes and of course added some rooms

I was thinking of relocating some of my recently added cave sections in South-West portion of MAP15 to some other maps (MAP04 perhaps?) Because MAP15 was already pretty massive. Not really sure what to do. I'm on my laptop for the past few days and map-making is slow & tedious on this thing... not enjoyable at all.

40 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

I was thinking of relocating some of my recently added cave sections in South-West portion of MAP15 to some other maps (MAP04 perhaps?) Because MAP15 was already pretty massive. Not really sure what to do. I'm on my laptop for the past few days and map-making is slow & tedious on this thing... not enjoyable at all.

same

but a mouse helps (scrollwheel)

48 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

I always mapped on a laptop, but with a mouse, no with the touchpad.

4 hours ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Not sure. I was planning to add another tech-base section to map 04 (around the yellow key) and then I think it is big enough. Maybe you can add your cave section to another map? Map 09? Map 10?

mapping MAP05 I remembered the fights against helicopters in Half Life / Half Life 2, and it seemed like a good idea to implement in MAP05, which already has airplanes. Here's a screenshot of what I'm doing:

Screenshot_Doom_20200905_173154.png.244cde34b630792ef444bcf03911f737.png

You have to deactivate a force field, for that you have to shoot at the green bar inside the plane, inside it has a barrel that kills a Commander Keen, this activates a vodoo script that lowers the plane (Like you destroyed the plane) and deactivates the force field.

I am not publishing a new version now because I am working in an intermediate part between the first building and the arena.

Guess it's time I finally made a contribution to the Doom community. Reserving MAP13

Edit: Taking longer than I expected. Mainly focusing around the exit, doorways, and places where there's no items or anything for... some reason

Edit 2: Finished

V4.51

-Added some detail in the exit area, as well as the door leading to it

-Retextured the second to last room

-Fixed the symmetry in the marble acid pit (I think)

-Added a teleporter in the acid pit to prevent softlocking

-Added some items in areas that had nothing in them

-Added a few monsters in the small room next to the second to last one

-A few other minor details added

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gnlan8lwmm6q1l/NEGATIVEONE_V4.51.wad?dl=0

Edited by EpicTyphlosion : Summarizing my progress

sorry for not contributing to -1 any more... 

i wanted to follow -1 from beginning to end but i can't, it was really fun but im focusing in other project...

my dream is work as a game designer so i always try to learn various things... currently im making a RPG (on RPG maker)! i get distracted very often and making just a map or a draw is a entire day of work, that why im not as active on doomworld anymore, i just wanted to say goodbye for now... it was really fun to work on this project! and im really sorry if i or one of my edits made someone sad or angry.

31 minutes ago, dragon's influence said:

i wanted to follow -1 from beginning to end but i can't, it was really fun but im focusing in other project...

my dream is work as a game designer so i always try to learn various things... currently im making a RPG (on RPG maker)! i get distracted very often and making just a map or a draw is a entire day of work, that why im not as active on doomworld anymore, i just wanted to say goodbye for now... it was really fun to work on this project! and im really sorry if i or one of my edits made someone sad or angry.

Modding is very good to start being a game developer! You are learning how other games are made, and in the process you learn about game design. And how good that you have found a vg engine that you like! how sad that you can't help anymore, right now -1 needs a lot of help, there are only a few days left (15 or 16 days, stops on september 21).

Curiosity: I designed video games, but since I took them out and nobody saw them, because I didn't know how to advertise them or where to publish them, I stopped making video games (for a while)

PS: I'm planning to program a danmaku shmup.

Edited by URROVA

1 minute ago, URROVA said:

I didn't know how to advertise them or where to publish them, I stopped making video games :/

why you don't try itch.io to host your games? is a really cool and popular site for indie games!

2 minutes ago, dragon's influence said:

why you don't try itch.io to host your games? is a really cool and popular site for indie games!

Yes i have an itchio with some games and my doom mods: urrova.itch.io

4 hours ago, dragon's influence said:

Im sad to see you go.

I was never sad or angry with you at all.

I was sad about something in the gzdoom-1 thread.

I like everybody in the doom-1 thread.

Best of luck with your future projects.

Can the deadline, by any chance, get delayed by a few more weeks? :p

Reeeeally want to add more to the maps.. but just not having enough time on hand these days.. 

1 hour ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Can the deadline, by any chance, get delayed by a few more weeks?

Yes please. Any chance of a one month extension, AtticTelephone?

Reserving map20.

1 minute ago, Captain Toenail said:

Yes please. Any chance of a one month extension, AtticTelephone?

Reserving map20.

That would be awesome. It'd definitely give me and many others more opportunities to pitch in.

1 hour ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Can the deadline, by any chance, get delayed by a few more weeks? :p

Reeeeally want to add more to the maps.. but just not having enough time on hand these days.. 

yes please, a deadline delay wold be very good, @AtticTelephone

4 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

Alright, alright. October 1st.

Did we participate in cacoawards?