Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dranyan

Eleven Zero - 32 Maps Megawad (WIP) V1.5

Looks great! It seems that a lot of work has been put into it. I really like the visuals, they really convey the atmosphere!

I attach FDA of the first map.

prboom-plus -file "Eleven Zero v1.0.wad" -complevel 11 -skill 4 -playdemo eleven_zero_jacek_fda.lmp

I used prBoom+ so that I can record a demo, used complevel 11 as you suggested in the readme file. I died once quite far in the map and then restarted, finished the map on the second attempt with 100% kills and 1 secret found. Didn't have time to do second map on one sitting but I will definitely play further maps later, probably in GZDoom.

eleven_zero_jacek_fda.zip

Video playthrough of map01 on UV; Eternity; with text feedback inside; focusing on gameplay + item placement and a bit about other stuff. 

Overall, 7.5/10; will try to provide you with some more feedbacks and follow the development. I've tried to tone down my mood as good as possible, so feel free to discuss, either on here, discord or directly through the video on Youtube.

As a side note, you could try uploading this wad to playtesting channels in various Discord servers to get more feedback.

11 hours ago, Deadwing said:

That's a really cool theme!

Screenshots looks great too!

9 hours ago, NightFright said:

I already like the concept since it's promising a lot of visual diversity. Will keep an eye on this one.

Thank you ! I'm glad you like it, really motivates me to continue

9 hours ago, jacnowak said:

Looks great! It seems that a lot of work has been put into it. I really like the visuals, they really convey the atmosphere!

I attach the FDA of the first map

I used prBoom+ so that I can recorda demo, used complevel 11 as you suggested in the readme file. I died once quite far in the map and then restarted, finished the map on the second attempt with 100% kills and 1 secret found. Didn't have time to do second map on one sitting but I will definitely play further maps later, probably in GZDoom.

eleven_zero_jacek_fda.zip

Ah yeah, thanks a lot for testing it. I'll take a look at your demo once i get home today

8 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Video playthrough of map01 on UV; Eternity; with text feedback inside; focusing on gameplay + item placement and a bit about other stuff. 

Overall, 7.5/10; will try to provide you with some more feedbacks and follow the development. I've tried to tone down my mood as good as possible, so feel free to discuss, either on here, discord or directly through the video on Youtube.

As a side note, you could try uploading this wad to playtesting channels in various Discord servers to get more feedback

Thanks for the gameplay, man. It's really helpful ! Yeah, you got a point, i put too many armor in this map, i'll replace one near SSG area with armor bonuses or something else just like you suggested. Revenants and HK fight at the end is also lame, i agree with you, i'll figure something out to change it, maybe putting revenants outside the temple just like you said is a good idea. I'm also most likely gonna replace that rocket launcher with soulsphere or something else, that sounds better, i think i let player get it way too early anyway.

So yeah, i will replace armor near SSG area and improve the battle at the end that's for sure. Meanwhile, i put the rest of your suggestions into consideration (could be implemented or not)

However, i don't understand why you think pistol is still useless, i meant i already increased the fire rate almost twice faster. I personally think it's enough

2 minutes ago, Dranyan said:

However, i don't understand why you think pistol is still useless, i meant i already increased the fire rate almost twice faster. I personally think it's enough

For this map at least - a new weapon is given very early, and the chaingun is still a straight, excellent upgrade to pistol (100% accuracy, fast ROF); and is given not too long (3 mins in?).

55 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

For this map at least - a new weapon is given very early, and the chaingun is still a straight, excellent upgrade to pistol (100% accuracy, fast ROF); and is given not too long (3 mins in?).

I don't know how to change weapons accuracy, i don't remember seeing that feature on dehacked either. But i'll figure it out

By the way, did i put secrets which way too hard to find or it's just you who intentionally didn't even bother looking for secret ? 

26 minutes ago, Dranyan said:

I don't know how to change weapons accuracy, i don't remember seeing that feature on dehacked either. But i'll figure it out

By the way, did i put secrets which way too hard to find or it's just you who intentionally didn't even bother looking for secret ? 

-Have a look at Eviternity for the easiest way to implement 100% accuracy on pistol. Basically, remove the Refire codepointer in the final pistol firing state and tweak its duration however you wanted. It is not as confusing as it sounds.

-I was fairly sleepy when I recorded the footage blind, plus the version of Eternity I was playing on didn't have a way to show kills/items/secrets.

VERSION 1.2 HAS BEEN RELEASED :

Spoiler

Changelog :

Version 1.1

- Improved visuals in MAP01

- Balanced several fights in MAP01
- Added, removed, and relocated items in MAP01
- Fixed a broken teleport in MAP01
- And more...

Version 1.2

- Improved visuals in MAP01

- Improved visuals in MAP02

- Balanced several fights in MAP02

- And more...

I don't change many things, but it's definitely better than the previous version. I know there is a lot of things that still can be improved, but  i'm already tired today. Gonna do more later. Thanks for the support guys

Download V1.2 here :

https://www.mediafire.com/download/cqv4sv90uw01c7g

Edited by Dranyan

@jacnowak okay dude, i have watched your demo, it takes much longer than i expected haha. You did a good job for the first attempt actually. You seemed to a little bit confused at certain point during the playthrough though, but thankfully you managed to finish the map anyway.

I noticed a bug, thanks to your demo. Near the end of the level, you walked through a teleport which seems to be broken (It's supposed to teleport you back to the previous area).

I can also see you tried so hard to find secrets but ended up finding only one out of three. It's actually my fault, i should've made them easier to find. (I'll fix this in the next update)

So yeah, your demo is entertaining to watch and also appears to be helpful. Thanks man! I'm looking forward to see you play further maps :D

40 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

im going for it! lets rolllll

Oh, hello Zol. Nice to see you here.

I just released V1.2 like 10 minutes after you posted that reply, lol. So i assumed you downloaded V1.1 which is an old version now. I highly recommend you to redownload the wad, i have several things improved in version 1.2, especially in MAP02. (So i hope you haven't played MAP02 yet by time you see this)

12 minutes ago, Dranyan said:

@jacnowak okay dude, i have watched your demo, it takes much longer than i expected haha. You did a good job for the first attempt actually. You seemed to a little bit confused at certain point during the playthrough though, but thankfully you managed to finish the map anyway.

I noticed a bug, thanks to your demo. Near the end of the level, you walked through a teleport which seems to be broken (It's supposed to teleport you back to the previous area).

I can also see you tried so hard to find secrets but ended up finding only one out of three. It's actually my fault, i should've made them easier to find. (I'll fix this in the next update)

So yeah, your demo is entertaining to watch and also appears to be helpful. Thanks man! I'm looking forward to see you play further maps :D

Oh, hello Zol. Nice to see you here.

I just released V1.2 like 10 minutes after you posted that reply, lol. So i assumed you downloaded V1.1 which is an old version now. I highly recommend you to redownload the wad, i have several things improved in version 1.2, especially in MAP02. (So i hope you haven't played MAP02 yet by time you see this)

no worries m8, until now i just tried single segmenting map 01, it was tough enough to kill me twice, i like it! Very good monster placement and very good texturing, keep up the good work. I will play next maps once i ll be back home :)

I want to see if other people are going to complain about the "rough start" here as well, cause this is indeed a rough start (and i like it ofc).

Just now, Zolgia108 said:

I want to see if other people are going to complain about the "rough start" here as well, cause this is indeed a rough start

It's not imo, quite a breather. Unless you are talking about map02?

1 hour ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

It's not imo, quite a breather. Unless you are talking about map02?

there was a misunderstanding :)

i was talking about the fact that some people complained about my wip megawad having a rough start, i don't think either one of them have a rough start, i actually really like it and don't consider it hard at all, just fun, sorry i didn't explain well :)

I tried the first three maps tonight and I was very impressed!  I'm mainly interested in vanilla DOOM maps, but this WAD is really nice so keep it up :D

I have played through the demo maps and like the general style a lot already. Not sure if you already have implemented difficulty levels or not, but I wasn't too pleased when already encountering an Archvile early on. Anyway, since you can get the rocket launcher quite early as well, I guess it's supposed to be like that. Speaking of which: Especially after getting the rocket launcher, I ran out of rockets quickly and had to rely on the Super Shotgun for a while. This might be intended as well, but I want to mention it since it felt a bit uncomfortable in certain situations.

My main concern after the test run is that it's already starting quite busy with 150+ monsters on Easy, so later maps might turn into pure slaughter if it's supposed to get more difficult. I get that these maps are quite huge and need a bigger monster population, but I'd go for a more subtle approach at least in the beginning.

On 8/31/2020 at 10:58 AM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

As a side note, you could try uploading this wad to playtesting channels in various Discord servers to get more feedback.

Sweet video, and I love that music.

@Dranyan Those screenshots look awesome, and I love the time travel (a la Eternal, except more literal), and the Eviternity influences. I'll give this a download over the long weekend and be sure to get you some feedback.

Version V1.3 has been released. I've fixed most of known bugs and other things.

Changelog :

Spoiler

Version 1.3
- Made every lines in MAP01-03 have at least one side, making the wad playable on Risen3D
- Fixed a bug which makes grass sprite is not rendered at floor height on Risen3D

- Fixed several teleports things which were only flagged hard in MAP01
- Improved visuals in MAP02
- Balanced several fights in MAP02
- Added, removed, and moved several items in MAP02
- Changed several lava sectors damage in MAP02
- Made nukage pools damage player in MAP02
- Fixed a bug which makes player can get trapped at a sector in MAP02
- Fixed a bug which makes player can walk through a blocking decoration in MAP02
- Fixed a bug which makes monsters can walk through fences in MAP02
- Improved visuals in MAP03
- Made OROCKL10 floor don't damage player anymore in MAP03
- Fixed a bug which makes player can walk through a blocking decoration in MAP03

- And more...

Download here :

https://www.mediafire.com/download/3ican7dcguyviol

Because of currently having a bad situation, i won't release any new maps for this wad for a while. I'll add more maps once i can-- most likely, but i can't really tell when.

However, i'm still willing to continue maintaining MAP01-MAP03 for now. So if you encounter any problem in these maps, please report it and i'll fix it as soon as possible. Thanks

Edited by Dranyan : Grammar

2 hours ago, Korozive said:

Screenshots are killer! Looking forward to this.

2 hours ago, 666shooter said:

@Dranyan Those screenshots look awesome, and I love the time travel (a la Eternal, except more literal), and the Eviternity influences. I'll give this a download over the long weekend and be sure to get you some feedback.

Thank you, i'm happy to hear it. Btw, i released V1.3 just now, so you might wanna redownload the wad and play on this most recent version instead.

On 9/4/2020 at 5:11 PM, NightFright said:

I have played through the demo maps and like the general style a lot already. Not sure if you already have implemented difficulty levels or not, but I wasn't too pleased when already encountering an Archvile early on. Anyway, since you can get the rocket launcher quite early as well, I guess it's supposed to be like that. Speaking of which: Especially after getting the rocket launcher, I ran out of rockets quickly and had to rely on the Super Shotgun for a while. This might be intended as well, but I want to mention it since it felt a bit uncomfortable in certain situations.

My main concern after the test run is that it's already starting quite busy with 150+ monsters on Easy, so later maps might turn into pure slaughter if it's supposed to get more difficult. I get that these maps are quite huge and need a bigger monster population, but I'd go for a more subtle approach at least in the beginning.

Good to know you played it already. But okay-- first of all, are you talking about MAP01 or MAP02-- or both of them ? I'm a little bit confused because you seems to talk about MAP02 but also mentioned about getting rocket launch quite early (which i think is not the case in MAP02.)

3 minutes ago, Dranyan said:

Thank you, i'm happy to hear it. Btw, i released V1.3 just now, so you might wanna redownload the wad and play on this most recent version instead.

Thanks for the update. I will make sure to download the latest version there before I start playing.

Time to defeat an evil... older than the Earth itself!

Just finished about an hour ago. Difficulty was certainly stiffer than I expected on HMP, but balanced with adequate health and resources so even if I got frustrated on occasion, it never felt unfair or cheap. Your texture usage and aesthetic direction is stunning in these first three maps, somewhere between the early maps of TNT Revilution and Eviternity. I appreciate how you used archviles sparingly but to maximum effect. I don't know what your plans are for later maps, but I am of the opinion that careful archvile use as opposed to shoving three or four into larger encounters to swell the "challenge" shows signs of a mature and thoughtful approach to combat encounters, so this was definitely a plus. The highlight was that crusher fight for the yellow key on Map 3, though if I had to list a low point it would probably be the pit fight with the Revenants before you descend to the blue key in the same. Good use of teleporting enemies to create a tangible threat without becoming a slog or 1997-style "waiting game". Personally, to nitpick, I'm not a big fan of the chaingunners only dropping an ammo clip (maybe two or three to compensate for the fact that they're much more dangerous than a Former Human?), but this has been done in other Wads successfully so as long as you're not too restrictive with the chaingun, it should be *technically* okay here; I didn't have that problem with these three maps, pistol starting as you suggested. I like how you create a challenge with monster placement- varying heights and positions- as opposed to relying on overwhelming odds. I also like Slaughtermaps if they're well done, but this Plutonia-style challenge is usually more interesting from a design perspective. The biggest compliment I can offer is that I was very upset to get to Map 04 and not have another map to play through. Oh, and before I forget, that was a superb job of creating genuine tension at the start of Map 03 without having to use a hot start. That is good combat design. I look forward to playing more from you and hope you found some of these comments useful or helpful. Keep up the great work!

Version 1.4 has been released. Oh man, only three maps available so far and i have released four patches. It's so tiring.

Changelog :

Spoiler

- Pistol is always accurate now
- Fixed several teleports things which weren't flagged medium in MAP01
- Added several items in MAP02
- Moved several enemies a little bit in MAP02
- Fixed a bug which makes a sector look like looking through glass on Risen3D and GLBoom+ in MAP02
- Removed teleport action from several lines in MAP02
- Made several sectors don't damage player anymore in MAP03
- And more...

Download here :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6zupiw3m02s6bam/Eleven_Zero_v1.4.rar/file

8 hours ago, 666shooter said:

Just finished about an hour ago. Difficulty was certainly stiffer than I expected on HMP, but balanced with adequate health and resources so even if I got frustrated on occasion, it never felt unfair or cheap.

Ah yeah, i should've made bigger distinction between difficulties. These maps are way too ruthless on medium and easy difficulty, i noticed that. I'll try to reduce monster count or something like that.

The highlight was that crusher fight for the yellow key on Map 3, though if I had to list a low point it would probably be the pit fight with the Revenants before you descend to the blue key in the same. 

I'm actually considering to heavily modify this particular encounter  because it becomes pretty easy after player get a rocket launcher (which can be obtained from other areas). Maybe this is for the next update...

The biggest compliment I can offer is that I was very upset to get to Map 04 and not have another map to play through. Oh, and before I forget, that was a superb job of creating genuine tension at the start of Map 03 without having to use a hot start. That is good combat design. I look forward to playing more from you and hope you found some of these comments useful or helpful. Keep up the great work!

Thank you! Awwww... I'm happy to hear it, i mean it :) Don't worry, i'll start making more maps as soon as i can. Also-- of course i found your and other comments useful. I need as many feedback as i can.

I'm really liking these levels!  Playing with GZDoom most recent release 4.4.2, ultraviolence.  Was playing with v1.3, threw on the cheats to quickly test some things with v1.4 & grab screenshots

In map 1, in one area, monsters, and doomguy too, can fall into an inescapable pit that i'm not sure if it was meant to be (hell knight is below ground level):

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200906_104628.png.c57b87000f3701384efad4e0480e5ed3.png

Question on Map 3, how do I get to the yellow key?  I have picked up both red & blue keys, but have not figured out how to lower the bars blocking the yellow key area:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200906_105641.png.781e35f948efdc0b967b570ffd9a8210.png

@adamadam

Map01 "pit".

There are no pits in that area. Looks like either sector 358 or 392, where HK's teleport to.

They are not pits. Seems to be a GZDoom error.

Map03 yellow key

Spoiler

You're close. Look closely for a nearby switch, where those 4 columns lower.