Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

7 hours ago, Negatronica said:

Is that a zdoom map? If so I made some rain in an unfinished zdoom map which I can PM you and you can extract the resources from. Also if it's zdoom you can give the sky a small amount of scroll speed to give it some motion, that would look cool.

It is a boom map, but I'm trying to use the method employed in Eviternity (which was taken from JOM5) which should work on any map format when played in GZDoom, but the proper way to implement it is eluding me.  I'd still like to see your method of doing mg it as well if it is cool with you.

This is my upcoming vanilla DOOM II megawad, "DOOM 87: The Lost World".  An eleven map demo release is currently available for anyone who wants to try it out :D

Outside area from the very same wormhole-like map. If I were mapping in Boom, I'd probably be able to give two areas different skyboxes, but I'm a freaking neanderthal.

Also the buildings in hell are taller (Except for towers) but it actually doesn't seem that noticable.

DOOM0018.png

DOOM0019.png

15 minutes ago, Guardsoul said:

I might have started something

I89RFWU.png

Very cool! I like the use of symmetry, and the grated floor is a nice touch.

3 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Outside area from the very same wormhole-like map. If I were mapping in Boom, I'd probably be able to give two areas different skyboxes, but I'm a freaking neanderthal.

Also the buildings in hell are taller (Except for towers) but it actually doesn't seem that noticable.

DOOM0018.png

Dude, that moon background is sick!

18 minutes ago, obake said:

I believe that's OTEX.

It looks more like the Community Chest 4 texture set (cc4tex).

1 hour ago, obake said:

I believe that's OTEX.

49 minutes ago, Velvetic said:

It looks more like the Community Chest 4 texture set (cc4tex).

it's not otex. i'm currently using that in my own map. 

it may be cc4tex, but i'm not too sure. cc4tex looks pretty great as well though. here's a link:

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Cc4-tex

35 minutes ago, zzzornbringer said:

it's not otex. i'm currently using that in my own map. 

it may be cc4tex, but i'm not too sure. cc4tex looks pretty great as well though. here's a link:

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Cc4-tex

At least some (if not all) of it is from ZDoom Community Project 2. Most of the METAL2-esque textures were actually meant to be exclusive to The Shores of ZDoom, but ended up being "borrowed".

Edited by NiGHTMARE

1 hour ago, NiGHTMARE said:

At least some (if not all) of it is from ZDoom Community Project 2. Most of the METAL2-esque textures were actually meant to be exclusive to The Shores of ZDoom, but ended up being "borrowed".

Some of them are from there (latest version since I know the first iterations had those "borrowed" textures) but some others are from the old Skulltag resource pack.

5 minutes ago, PeterMoro said:

@guitardz Beautiful work dude. It looks fantastic. I'd like to put rain into a wad myself one day.

Thanks, this is still very WIP, but since the maps are pretty small scale, it may actually get released sometime in the next century...unlike my other project where the large maps have basically grinded my mapping drive to a halt, ha.

20 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

At least some (if not all) of it is from ZDoom Community Project 2.

The "TECH LAB" sign screen is an obvious tell. I'm not sure if there's signage like this in a generic texture set, AFAIK the textures were edited specifically for areas in the map ("COMM. CENTER", "CENTRAL JUNCTION", "COURTYARD", etc. and yes "TECH LAB" is there).

20 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Most of the METAL2-esque textures were actually meant to be exclusive to The Shores of ZDoom, but ended up being "borrowed".

Speaking of, does it have a chance of being revived?