Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

The Doom Master Wadazine #4 (Now with a complete visual overhaul!) - Dooming in Latin america and Interview with Chris Mullen aka. CeeJay

Just now, Final Verdict said:

If all goes well with treatment I'll be back in a few weeks.

You're the best! You'll do so well, that you might actually gain superpowers. I love all your posts, and the small break will make me sad. <3

1 minute ago, LiT_gam3r said:

You're the best! You'll do so well, that you might actually gain superpowers. I love all your posts, and the small break will make me sad. <3

Ha, thanks. But don't worry my life is not at risk, I may go blind but I'll still be alive.

Appreciate the support, look after yourself Lit.

21 minutes ago, joepallai said:

Another great issue, really enjoyed the ads-the L'oreal one was perfect.

Thanks a lot jp! Those ads are pure gold lol

20 minutes ago, Final Verdict said:

I genuinely did enjoy them all.

It's for medical reasons that I have to take a break for awhile. I don't want to elaborate on it, it's depressing. Suffice to say it's not just Doomworld I'm taking a break from. If all goes well with treatment I'll be back in a few weeks.

Take it easy and good luck.

I'm very grateful to read that, thank you Verdict. Wishing you the best on days to come, mate.

Just now, Endless said:

Thanks a lot jp! Those ads are pure gold lol

I'm very grateful to read that, thank you Verdict. Wishing you the best on days to come, mate.

Cheers, and I apologise for this. I didn't mean to rain on this parade, it just sort of happened. I've been on borrowed time for awhile now, I just didn't think DW was the place to mention it. I've taken enough space up here, this is meant to be a celebration after all so this will be my final post.

I wish you luck with your future endeavours concerning the Wadazine and in general. Look on the bright side, at least I'll have plenty of reading material to peruse if everything goes well. These Wadazines really are special.

See you around.

52 minutes ago, Endless said:

Sorry if I left out or miss someone in the article. It was kind hard to get the names and sources for authors, but still. And thanks! Glad you liked it.

Ha ha, no, it's just a dumb joke. The King of Fighters is a big part of Latin American gaming, but has nothing to do with Doom. The article was perfect.

I loved the goofy joke ads and especially the full-page promotions for existing wads. I think it's really sweet that you guys put those together, this issue really felt like a throwback.

I'm happy to see the pictures section has updated it's design, I have some constructive input if you would like to consider:

Spoiler

Perhaps adding a small descriptive or funny caption below the photo, either by one of the editors or a quote by the submitter?
Also, I feel like the positioning of the section might do well with being shifted in the middle of the zine? or perhaps spread/shuffled throughout? I notice when reading through, once i get to the photo section the pages tend to fly by and then all of a sudden I'm at the end.

Great work to all involved :)

On 9/7/2020 at 4:47 PM, LiT_gam3r said:

Oh, I'd like to mention @BoxY. I think they should definitely read this issue. 

Thanks for the kind inclusion and shoutout, it's cool to be in the issue even when my tiny contribution took like 15 minutes. I didn't expect to get in because I thought the glorious visplane overflow haiku was a shoe-in. Epic.

21 minutes ago, BoxY said:

Thanks for the kind inclusion and shoutout, it's cool to be in the issue even when my tiny contribution took like 15 minutes. I didn't expect to get in because I thought the glorious visplane overflow haiku was a shoe-in. Epic.

Be proud, my friend!
Yours was a really great piece of poetry.
So stood without shame or under appreaciation to yourself.
Poetry is amazing when one can relate to it.
And most here surely relate to your verses.

5 minutes ago, Endless said:

I'm still waiting for your article Red (.)-(.)

You want to do a trade then??? :P

Spoiler

Ill get it there. Will start this week.

Just wanted to drop in and say this is a nice little magazine and refreshingly ambitious especially since many people tend to do podcasts/videos of stuff (I don't hate podcasts or videos inherently I just find it easier to digest some information in text because I can consume it at my own speed).  Keep up the good work! The fake ads are a great touch too.

2 minutes ago, Gerardo194 said:

Why is not Costa Rica in the article? 

I couldn't find any creator/author from there. I looked mostly on the Doomwiki page through the entire authors section looking for names. I also asked on Discord and found some, but of course, I'm pretty sure there's more out there that I just couldn't find.

8 minutes ago, Endless said:

I couldn't find any creator/author from there. I looked mostly on the Doomwiki page through the entire authors section looking for names. I also asked on Discord and found some, but of course, I'm pretty sure there's more out there that I just couldn't find.

Oh, I see, I am not on the Doomwiki. I won't have a place there to be honest, maybe for being a Tico myself. Even the GEC projects are ignored for being made in Costa Rica. 

Edited by Gerardo194

16 minutes ago, Gerardo194 said:

Oh, I see, I am not on the Doomwiki. I won't have a place there to be honest, maybe for being a Tico myself. Even the GEC projects are ignored for being made in Costa Rica. 

Come on there. I can see that you're feeling disappointed with that, but remember that deep inside, people still enjoy Team GEC's work today. Our team also works under a heavy schedule, so we apologize for the mistakes happening.

2 minutes ago, InDOOMnesia said:

Come on there. I can see that you're feeling disappointed with that, but remember that deep inside, people still enjoy Team GEC's work today. Our team also works under a heavy schedule, so we apologize for the mistakes happening.

I truly apologize if you were not mentioned, and any other great author out there who was not mentioned. The community is bigger than it seems, and it is not easy to tell the nationality of each person, but as time goes by and the word spreads, recognition is bound to come. Like right now, I've just meet another latin member that has contributed to the community as a whole.

Sorry for the bit of bump here (and I'm back btw after a rough time).

@EndlessI'm really honored that you included me in the magazine. If it wasn't for my break, I could have helped you with the magazine. Keep it up man and don't let it end, because this is a magazine that I'd read every time that's out.

Oh god, I came so late reading this, I found I've got a mention here in the Latin-American mappers' section. Thanks for the mention, really appreciate that people from my continent is getting some notice. Sad that I went AFK from the forums in September. Well, better late than never.