Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scwiba

NaNoWADMo 2020 - The month-long mapping challenge!

I've already signed myself on via the discord, and I'm looking forward to working on something for this. The project I'll make won't be having a lot of maps, but I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone by making a hub!

Let's just hope I'm not multitasking with community project contributions while I'm also making it lol

Looking forward to it! I'm going to aim for something less madly ambitious this time, doing a nice comfortable set of techbase maps scraped together from ones that I contributed to numerous abandoned projects.

During this month, the #blocktober tag on Twitter is also a great place to post to get attention and feedback!

Ehh, I've been looking for an excuse to get back to working on my Endless Night project that I started back in 2018.

Let's hope I pull through. :)

As I mentioned in the discord, I won't promise anything, but this is gonna be a good way of getting the gears going for me.

Sing me up, im going to finish my "stillborn" megawad, or at least make some playable maps before the end of this NaNoWADMo.

Sign me the heck up my dude, I need some mad practice. Can't keep having my maps take a month to make.

Sign me up, Now!

I can't really create very long Maps, But i can at least create a fun Map so i'll try.

No idea what this challenge is but I'm signing up. I have several maps I can finally use to contribute. >:D

Let's do this, I need to get out of my slump.

This sounds perfect for me to get a jump on my proposed 'Campaign of Bloodshed' megawad. I've put it off for so long, so this project will definitely offer some much needed motivation, and ultimately improve my mapping.

3 hours ago, Breezeep said:

As I mentioned in the discord, I won't promise anything, but this is gonna be a good way of getting the gears going for me.

17 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Nice, I'm going in. Can't promise if I will actually finish something though.

This is probably a good time to point out that just because you sign up/join the Discord/etc doesn't mean you have to deliver anything at the end of October. There have been plenty of folks the last two years who run out of steam partway through or don't even get started like they thought they would, and that's totally okay too. It's hard to plan around your creative ebbs and flows.

9 minutes ago, guitardz said:

What if I've already started something and plan to continue working on that during the month?  Does that count?

It counts if you want it to!

I'm super excited to actually flesh out the DOOM Hockey concept I was knockin' around a few months ago. Now I really want to work on it, but I'll sit on my hands until the first rolls around!

1 hour ago, jerrysheppy said:

I've tried to do this two years in a row and I've failed two years in a row.  I plan to try again, presumably to fail again.

My success rate is an equal 0, but I like the idea and will keep plugging away. I've reined in the ambition this year, and I'm going to attempt to finish a single map that I've already made half of a couple of years ago. I think, if I get a success this year, it may spur me on to bigger and better things next year.

Thank you @Ryath for organising this again!  I don't know if I'll be participating this year (I signed up last year and then got nothing done) but I guess I'll see how I'm feeling creatively toward the end of September.  If nothing else I ought to go back and finish up 2018's Chicxulub Impact one of these days...

I'm still not 100% sure what exactly I'm gonna be doing... but I'm leaning towards making a mod for miniwad. What I have in mind is gonna involve a bit of extra work... but there's still plenty of time before October!

1 minute ago, Triangle Box Studio said:

Me and my sister @Kokoro Hane are going to collab for this one! Sign us up!

Yeah!!!! I am excited.... I love game jams, and am happy a WAD jam exists! BROTHER-SISTER COLLAB, LET'S GO!