Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

Beat Grazza Demos Month

Going back through some of the WADs that were run earlier.

6lev Map 05 NM-Speed/Pacifist in 0:09.89 (prev: 0:12). New line skip here for additional pacifistness. :)

Map 06 NM-Speed/Pacifist in 0:21 (prev: 0:22).

System Vices Map 07 NM-Speed in 0:05.77 (prev: 0:06, dubious demo by JonaG in 5.89 also).

Wytchlight WAD Map 01 Pacifist in 0:26 (prev: 0:29).

Couple strollers:

Alien Vendetta Map 01 Stroller in 0:49 (prev: 0:52).

Community Chest 2 Map 01 Stroller in 0:30 (prev: 0:36).

Finally:

This SUXX! Map 23 Pacifist in 0:11 (prev: 0:15). I already beat this stroller in 0:12, so not sure this counts. I guess it probably shouldn't, but I decided I'd go below the stroller time anyway.

Map 23 Pacifist max in 0:51 (prev: 0:52). My first run here I pushed a voodoo doll over a crusher linedef, and Grazza let a monster push him over the same linedef. Both are combined here with a monster pushing a voodoo doll over that linedef! I want to say it's more or less unambiguously fully pacifist compliant, but I guess this isn't a category anyone ever agrees upon. :P

6l05n989.zip

6l06n021.zip

sv07n577.zip

wytch01p026.zip

av01str049.zip

c201str030.zip

ts23p011.zip

ts23pm051.zip

H2H-XMAS Map 15 UV-Max in 3:10 (prev: 5:06, also contest time 3:24).

Map 31 UV-Max in 1:42 (prev: 4:07).

The former is kind of tedious, but I recommend the second for viewing, it's really fucking horrible. 😂 I think that's all the H2H-XMAS runs accounted for. :)

Doubt I'll be able to get any more runs done today, and certainly not five, so I guess GrumpyCat is probably the winner (unless someone comes in with a sudden influx of 100 demos or so :D).

xm15-310.zip

xm31-142.zip

The demo month is up! Congrats to GrumpyCat for winning with 135 points and 95 demos! Including repeat demos for the same run, there were 324 runs for this month from eighteen players in total, so it was a pretty good turnout! Here's the full leaderboard once again:

Spoiler

Player            Demo count            Points
🥇GrumpyCat         95                    135
🥈4shockblast       88                    130
🥉vdgg              58                    70
  Veinen            30                    32
  Dubzzz            12                    11
  wakecold          5                     9
  Andromeda         7                     6
  Keyboard_Doomer   6                     6
  Kyle McAwesome    6                     3
  Pleymo            4                     4
  Kraflab           2                     4
  depr4vity         3                     3
  Aquasa            1                     2
  Revved            2                     2
  Ancalagon         2                     2
  Grazza            1                     1
  PartyCrasher04    1                     1
  Pseudonaut        1                     0

Thanks, everyone for participating! Personally, I found this month really fun; I guess Grazza has a lot of interesting and fun runs to beat. :) Some of the runs I did were more on the frustrating side, but overall, even the most infuriating ones were at least interesting in some way. That said, for maxers, I guess this one was a bit low on demos to look at, so for the next one, I'll try to choose one that gives maxers more options to choose from.

The pre-set lists with extra points were a fun concept too IMO; if/when we do specific player months in the future, I hope we can get lists like that again.