Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chemo

DOOM 64 Remaster Getting Physical Release for PS4 and Switch From Limited Run Games

Limited Run is one of the greater efforts to come out of this console generation. I really love the philosophy behind it.

Bless Limited Run Games for preserving old games with one of the best ways ever.

It sounds cool, but 55 bucks! The game you can download for 5 dollars, the posters you could print yourself for free, or at a place for like 10 cents. The booklet costs nothing, and the cartridge is cool, but is probably worth 3 dollars. I understand it if there was a statue of the Mother Demon, or extra content for the game, but it is just that. I already have the game on PS4, so I think I won't buy this. Maybe one day I'll order the cartridge on eBay, but that's it.

Strongly considering getting it for my Switch, since it's literally the only legal way I could own a copy (since my Switch is jailbroken, so no eShop for me.)

50 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

It sounds cool, but 55 bucks! The game you can download for 5 dollars, the posters you could print yourself for free, or at a place for like 10 cents. The booklet costs nothing, and the cartridge is cool, but is probably worth 3 dollars.

If you truly think printing posters, printing a booklet and crafting a cartridge + the game is 5 bucks + 10 cents + nothing + probably worth 3 dollars then you have to reevaluate this point of view first and formost.

What do you think the actual price of a new console is? Hint, its not 500 dollars.

3 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

It sounds cool, but 55 bucks!

Almost as if physical distribution is expensive or something and perhaps isn't only cost of materials. 

Also producing Switch carts costs far more than you seem to think it is. 

Edited by Edward850

17 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Almost as if physical distribution is expensive or something and perhaps isn't only cost of materials. 

That's not my point. I'm saying that instead of paying almost 60 bucks for a game and a few collectables, you could just download the game for 50 dollars less. The disc would obviously cost a bit to produce, but I'm saying I would rather spend 5 dollars instead of 50 for something very similar. 

6 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

That's not my point. I'm saying that instead of paying almost 60 bucks for a game and a few collectables, you could just download the game for 50 dollars less. The disc would obviously cost a bit to produce, but I'm saying I would rather spend 5 dollars instead of 50 for something very similar. 

These releases from Limited Run are intended more for the collectors crowd. They're not supposed to be an ideal way of just acquiring a copy of a game.

They're called Limited Run for crying out loud!

Yeah, and it's good for the people that want official artwork artwork, metal case, physical copy to play whatever whenever, and a nice Metal 64 Carttrige, it's better that pay 200$ on Ebay for a box of the game on N64 with the official manual and cartrige.

And it's limited so you need to be sure if you really need it, or just enjoy the digital release.

1 hour ago, LiT_gam3r said:

It's part of the juice, mate. Physical copies at this point are becoming less and less common. Collectors edition's are just something out of this world if you like to collect things and enjoy stuff from your favorite game. Limited Run Games does an amazing job at creating special editions, I would kill for one of their editions. This is another example of the great quality they offer, the collectors edition for the C&C remasterd, pure gold:

ic424x2frul41.png

Believe me, a collectors edition for 60$? Almost feels like stealing.

I looked through the Twitter feed, and I'm not seeing any mention of how much the regular edition will cost.  Has this been announced anywhere?

Also, @Edward850, does a retail release mean DOOM 64's getting another update? :)

5 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Do you know how BoM works, or the actual price of something?

Because every aspect of the package you mentioned costs far more than you seem to think it costs.

4 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Yee. I'm not a collector, so I didn't really understand. Thanks for making things clearer @chemo and @Endless

Doesn't the name Limited Run kind of give it away though?

13 hours ago, Swordofdanu said:

Congrats to the Night Dive team! 

I don't know if they're in the loop at all. The promotional pictures only shows the Bethesda, id, and Limited Run logos.

3 minutes ago, Gez said:

I don't know if they're in the loop at all. The promotional pictures only shows the Bethesda, id, and Limited Run logos.

I am not 100% sure either, but I first heard of it from Kaiser and I bet they are getting some cut from it.

1 hour ago, Gez said:

You'd hope so, maybe the logos on the back. 

I looked at the back of my screen but there's just an Asus logo on there. :p

Oh my god. How do people not understand what my comment was about? I was saying that the package is definitely worth 55 dollars. I'm not buying it because I already have the game, and there aren't enough collectables in there to intrigue me. I'm not saying that the package should be 10 dollars, which I thought was pretty obvious from my first comment.

I already have it on Steam so I probably won't be picking this up but if I decide I want it on Switch this is definitely the version I'd get. I feel like the only person my age that gives a shit about physical media so seeing the popularity of Limited Run makes me happy because they do real good shit.

Oh this is really cool!  I'm going to try and grab that Classic edition, would love to have it alongside my N64 cart :D

Oh my god. How do people not understand what my comment was about? I was saying that the package is definitely worth 55 dollars.

None of your two posts actually says that, though.

I'm not buying it because I already have the game, and there aren't enough collectables in there to intrigue me. I'm not saying that the package should be 10 dollars, which I thought was pretty obvious from my first comment.

Actually, that is more what you were saying. See the linked two posts.

Your general gist i get however. Don't worry.