Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OpenRift

How to load Final Doom Dehacked Patches??

I tried doing the method suggested here when attempting to load Plutonia 2 in DOSBox with the deh patch, and while it loaded up, once in-game, I couldn't move around or perform any player actions. Although I could still go to the menu and navigate that for some reason. There is next to no information about dehacked in relation to Final Doom aside from the thread linked above. If anyone here has some information on this, please let me know.

Edited by OpenRift

6 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Use VULD.

This doesn't seem to help. Causes the same problem.

Edited by OpenRift

On 9/13/2020 at 11:07 PM, OpenRift said:

I tried doing the method suggested here when attempting to load Plutonia 2 in DOSBox with the deh patch, and while it loaded up, once in-game, I couldn't move around or perform any player actions. Although I could still go to the menu and navigate that for some reason. There is next to no information about dehacked in relation to Final Doom aside from the thread linked above. If anyone here has some information on this, please let me know.

2 hours ago, OpenRift said:

Pretty strange what is happening to you.
I just tried TNT: Revilution and it worked just fine, except it didn't loaded the .deh file, take a look:
TNTR.png.e02466cb3bffb7dee284ef66c165aa67.png
Maybe your keys get to default?
Have you tried to move with just the arrows?

Here i tried Plutonia 2:
PL2.png.12efe8dd396ef90e39cd138d6fe4a7df.png

As far as i tried, i can't make the dehacked strings to appeard on the automap nor the text screens.
But don't know if it is possible to load the dehacked patch to the DOS version of Plutonia or TNT.

Edited by P41R47

3 hours ago, OpenRift said:

What exactly are you doing with VULD that the error appears? Here is a handy guide on how it works.

13 hours ago, P41R47 said:

Pretty strange what is happening to you.
I just tried TNT: Revilution and it worked just fine, except it didn't loaded the .deh file, take a look:
TNTR.png.e02466cb3bffb7dee284ef66c165aa67.png
Maybe your keys get to default?
Have you tried to move with just the arrows?

Here i tried Plutonia 2:
PL2.png.12efe8dd396ef90e39cd138d6fe4a7df.png

As far as i tried, i can't make the dehacked strings to appeard on the automap nor the text screens.
But don't know if it is possible to load the dehacked patch to the DOS version of Plutonia or TNT.

Well I know it works without the dehacked patch (running with vanilla Doom2.exe), but when I do use the patch and run it via the doomhack executable, player input doesn't work at all. Not even with the arrow keys. Interestingly enough, even with doomhack.exe set to the default values, player input STILL doesn't work, which is incredibly strange. It makes me wonder if I have to set some offsets or something for certain sections.

8 minutes ago, OpenRift said:

Well I know it works without the dehacked patch (running with vanilla Doom2.exe), but when I do use the patch and run it via the doomhack executable, player input doesn't work at all. Not even with the arrow keys. Interestingly enough, even with doomhack.exe set to the default values, player input STILL doesn't work, which is incredibly strange. It makes me wonder if I have to set some offsets or something for certain sections.

Are you using the config that comes with steam or gog?
If so, i think thats why you are experiencing that kind of ''defaulting''.
But i wouldn't take my word as right.
I don't know much of this.

Maybe @JadingTsunami could lend us a hand here on how to properly load dehacked patches for plutonia and tnt.

37 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Are you using the config that comes with steam or gog?
If so, i think thats why you are experiencing that kind of ''defaulting''.
But i wouldn't take my word as right.
I don't know much of this.

Maybe @JadingTsunami could lend us a hand here on how to properly load dehacked patches for plutonia and tnt.

I'm using the config that comes with GOG, but it's my custom config, which shouldn't be a problem. Also, what are you referring to when you say "defaulting"?

3 hours ago, OpenRift said:

I'm using the config that comes with GOG, but it's my custom config, which shouldn't be a problem. Also, what are you referring to when you say "defaulting"?

That somehow all your key binds, unbind, or get to their default states.

The gog config you use, i think, thats why i mentioned it, only covers when you play when doom2.exe. So if you use doomhack.exe, the same binding of keys, the same config, doesn't work, i think.

Using DeHackEd 3.1 and DOSBOX, I wasn't able to reproduce this issue.

One thing to check first off is the MD5 hash of your original, unmodified Final Doom executable.

You will find the expected values on the always-helpful Doom Wiki.

If they are not the same, loading DeHackEd patches might be problematic.

14 minutes ago, JadingTsunami said:

Using DeHackEd 3.1 and DOSBOX, I wasn't able to reproduce this issue.

One thing to check first off is the MD5 hash of your original, unmodified Final Doom executable.

You will find the expected values on the always-helpful Doom Wiki.

If they are not the same, loading DeHackEd patches might be problematic.

I just did a comparison of the MD5 hash, based on the Doom Wiki info, I have the id Anthology version of the executable. Could that have anything to do with it?

EDIT: Y'know what? That was it. I swapped out the executables with the original versions that come on Steam and they just worked flawlessly all of a sudden. Thanks for bringing that article up.

Edited by OpenRift