Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skurd

Prboom+ Controller Support?

I've been trying to setup some source ports on my laptop, and while GZDoom worked perfectly with an Xbox One controller, I couldn't get the same result for Prboom+. All I found was the enable joystick setting in the setup menu which didn't seem to do anything. Does this sourceport have full controller support? Sorry if this question has already been asked.

42 minutes ago, Skurd said:

I've been trying to setup some source ports on my laptop, and while GZDoom worked perfectly with an Xbox One controller, I couldn't get the same result for Prboom+. All I found was the enable joystick setting in the setup menu which didn't seem to do anything. Does this sourceport have full controller support? Sorry if this question has already been asked.

I use PrBoom+ and I don't think it has explicit controller options but you might be able to bind your controller inputs to the keys. 

4 hours ago, Skurd said:

If you entered the term PrBoom+ controller support in search, you would know the answer.

Which is no.

There's a program called XPadder that is great for playing in source ports without native controller support. This is an outdated free version so it may need to be run in compatibility more for Win10.

It has some issues still (demo desyncs, weird-sounding opl...) but the libretro PrBoom port is PrBoom+ compatible (even supports UMAPINFO) and it does have controller support.

Now it also supports Retroarch savestates, which allows it to do rewinding (kind of like in Prince of Persia Sands of Time), which is something I haven't seen in any other port.