Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

The Next Iteration of DSDA

15 hours ago, vdgg said:

Grazza's demo on hate misses one secret... The text file mentions that. It was a common practice in Opulent times to pass such demos as Max (the player picks up the secret rocket launcher but doesn't enter the alcove correctly and secret is not registered).

This is fixed.

I tried another one of these site check apps and it's all green. Mozilla's security scan also reports a high grade.

Considering false-positive antivirus as an industry is largely a scam, I'll need to see some evidence :^)

11 hours ago, kraflab said:

I tried another one of these site check apps and it's all green. Mozilla's security scan also reports a high grade.

Considering false-positive antivirus as an industry is largely a scam, I'll need to see some evidence :^)

Sure, I didn't believe it was anything but a false positive either. But it prevents some people from visiting, such as that friend (although I convinced him it is safe ;) ).

Eugene Kapustin demo for TNT map 02 is marked as the record for uv-speed, yet the txt says is a coop.
Also the demo doesn't play well for me using PrBoom+.

It seems that my recent Nova Map18 run was placed under the original Doom 2 WAD... Just a heads-up, guys.

10 hours ago, Poncho1 said:

It seems that my recent Nova Map18 run was placed under the original Doom 2 WAD... Just a heads-up, guys.

This has been fixed.

During the course of last week, 111 demos were uploaded.
The total running time of these demos is 12 hours, 18 minutes, and 55 seconds

The most popular category was UV Max, with a total of 35 demos.

On 9/2/2020 at 4:33 AM, Pleymo said:

Eugene Kapustin demo for TNT map 02 is marked as the record for uv-speed, yet the txt says is a coop.
Also the demo doesn't play well for me using PrBoom+.

Finally figured this out by reading Eugene's comments carefully. It's not actually coop but solo-net. Arch-vile jump to get to the exit.
You can play it back with -iwad tnt.wad -complevel 4 -solo-net

Demo updated in DSDA.

On 9/11/2020 at 11:46 PM, tchkb said:

https://dsdarchive.com/wads/ksutra

MAP13 Maxes in 5:04 and 5:55 by TendaMonsta are actually SoloNet maxes, but they lack the SN tag/icon.

Fixed.

During the course of last week, 142 demos were uploaded.
The total running time of these demos is 8 hours, 13 minutes, and 51 seconds

The most popular category was UV Max, with a total of 47 demos.

Two problems with my recent submissions for this:

- the port used was GZDoom v1.8.2, not ZDoom v1.8.2

- the levelset in question was completely different: de-ep1.pk3 (2014, for GZDoom), not de-ep1.wad (2005, for Doom 2 / complevel 2)

On 9/17/2020 at 8:07 PM, kokrean said:

Am I banned from dsda?

I've submitted some chex runs this monday.

Hello @kokrean. No you are not banned.

The current uploading process has some trouble with Chex demos (just like Heretic and Hexen demos), and some of those might need to be uploaded manually later. That's why it takes a bit more time than usual.

During the course of last week, 55 demos were uploaded.
The total running time of these demos is 5 hours, 28 minutes, and 54 seconds

The most popular category was UV Max, with a total of 24 demos.

Doing a bit of maintenance right now so the site may be slower to respond in some cases.

Edit: should be done - if you notice anything weird let me know.

Edited by kraflab

On 9/24/2020 at 4:44 PM, GrumpyCat said:

ksutra Map 30 Pacifist by Scorpius is actually for map 30s.

And now the problem is a bit worse lol.

My stroller for 30s was put in 30 too.

Also I noticed a problem with shared time (pacifist/uv speed) sorting, e.g. hr map 01,

gvozdevik's TAS is slower but placed higher than Adam Hegyi's pacifist.

Most likely it inserts the run above the relevant comparison for convenience (i.e., nontas above nontas). I agree that it should be wherever it belongs in the time ranking though, I'll get around to that eventually.

Hello.

We're allowing youtube links to be included in DSDA. For this to work, when you upload a demo, include a youtube link of that run in your text file, or in the forum post itself.

We want all youtube links to have a consistent look&feel across all of DSDA. Therefore, youtube videos will be reviewed before uploading; and some videos may not be accepted. For your videos to be accepted, they must be as close as possible to plain vanilla doom. Check DooMed Speed Demos Archive on YouTube for a good example of how the videos should look and sound like.

Specific Guidelines
Mandatory:
- [Video] All of the run must be visible from start to finish. No cuts, skips, fast-forwards, or slow-motions.
- [Video] No web-cams / face-cams / hand-cams / feet-cams / any-other-cams.
- [Video] Don't add memes, pictures, or intrusive special effects. Gameplay only.
- [Audio] Game sounds must be audible from start to finish. No cuts, skips, or disruptive special effects.
- [Audio] No live commentary or voice-overs. No additional sounds that aren't part of the game.
Recommended:
- [Video] Highest quality video possible.
- [Video] For the love of god turn off the texture filtering. We want to see them pixels on the walls. Please!
- [Audio] Highest quality audio possible. Volume normalized at -3dB or less to avoid clipping when people playback with some gain.
- [Audio] Include the original music, or some replacement midi music at least (ex. plutmidi).

Small intros/outros are fine. Custom HUDs are fine. Minor sprite / sound fixing wads are fine (for making videos, but not for speedrunning).
Mandatory criteria not met = video rejected. Recommended criteria not met = maybe rejected; depends on the person reviewing.

Have a nice watch! All of my posts with demo submissions have YT links and most videos feet all the requirements. Almost all of them are recorded using -viddump option from PrBoom+ at 60 fps and upscaled from 1080p to 4K.

Please analyze the following playlists:

Eternal Doom UV-Max TAS movies: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3V0eG1j-1vIfBNug6g8HF0UD6Cxtb-lW

Darkening Episode 2 UV-Max TAS movies: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3V0eG1j-1vJZ2LS8sMX78jtJcUwb3E10

Struggle: Antaresian Legacy TAS movies: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3V0eG1j-1vKjTOGnz_0wUKZ6R7f3R_ig

My personal TAS recordings: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3V0eG1j-1vKG2_fTqocQ2oVVa6sENSoC

If it will be easier for you, I can exclude some videos which don't have demo submissions yet.

3 minutes ago, Dimon12321 said:

Have a nice watch! All of my posts with demo submissions have YT links and most videos feet all the requirements. Almost all of them are recorded using -viddump option from PrBoom+ at 60 fps and upscaled from 1080p to 4K.

Please analyze the following playlists:

Eternal Doom UV-Max TAS movies: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3V0eG1j-1vIfBNug6g8HF0UD6Cxtb-lW

Darkening Episode 2 UV-Max TAS movies: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3V0eG1j-1vJZ2LS8sMX78jtJcUwb3E10

Struggle: Antaresian Legacy TAS movies: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3V0eG1j-1vKjTOGnz_0wUKZ6R7f3R_ig

My personal TAS recordings: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3V0eG1j-1vKG2_fTqocQ2oVVa6sENSoC

If it will be easier for you, I can exclude some videos which don't have demo submissions yet.

I forgot to add: my previous post is for new demo submissions only. I don't have the time to look back into already-uploaded stuff. Sorry.

During the course of last week, 48 demos were uploaded.
The total running time of these demos is 2 hours, 40 minutes, and 4 seconds

The most popular category was UV Max, with a total of 19 demos.

2 hours ago, Starduster said:

@Coincident

Is 720p60 alright for video quality? I dont have a 1080p monitor + the file size can get pretty large. I'm using the -viddump feature of prboom+ 2.5.1.5.

Yes, that is fine. Having a good bitrate is usually more important than just resolution; videos will be accepted as long as there's not much artifacting.

Looking at the videos in your channel, that is an acceptable format for DSDA. I would only recommend not stretching the status bar to widescreen because the doomguy face looks a bit strange (this is not a rule, just my opinion).

14 minutes ago, Coincident said:

Yes, that is fine. Having a good bitrate is usually more important than just resolution; videos will be accepted as long as there's not much artifacting.

Looking at the videos in your channel, that is an acceptable format for DSDA. I would only recommend not stretching the status bar to widescreen because the doomguy face looks a bit strange (this is not a rule, just my opinion).

doesn't zero master use that for his own channel and also dsda channel on yt?

11 minutes ago, Coincident said:

I would only recommend not stretching the status bar to widescreen because the doomguy face looks a bit strange (this is not a rule, just my opinion).

I did this because taking significant damage makes all of the screen red except for the black bars on the side, which looks very odd and out-of-place imo. ZM also uses the wide hud for the DSDA yt channel, so I though why not try it out.

Demonstration @14m30s:

https://youtu.be/kRHPJu66Nf8