Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Are imps just corrupted zombies?

If they were, then that would explain why they look so human, after all, the zombie hitscanners are inspired from the Deadites of Evil Dead, and some Deadites get transformed. Maybe the imp is a transformed zombie.

I used to think they might be corrupted humans due to their humanoid bodies, but as I grew older it became clear to me they're just the equivalent of pawns on the demonic chess team. It seems to me like the 3 types of zombies are the only once-human defectors.

I mean that was the explanation in the Doom movie.

But nobody cares about the doom movie.

Doom Eternal does explain that all demons start as human bodies, however. So maybe they just had a less drastic metamorphasis. But they're not lvl 2 zombies. They are actually demon lads.

I’ve always thought of them as a type of demon. I think they’re too smart to be zombies but too weak to be important figures in hell if there’s some sort of hierarchy system being applied. 

4 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

If they were, then that would explain why they look so human, after all, the zombie hitscanners are inspired from the Deadites of Evil Dead, and some Deadites get transformed. Maybe the imp is a transformed zombie.

No, they're just figments of your imagination, infact doom never even existed, we're in a dream world, in the real world first person shooters are still using the wolfenstein 3d engine, and we've never evolved

I see them as native denizens of Hell rather than human aberrations. I see them walk around Hell with Cacos flying around etc. Same as Barons and HKs.

What I would REALLY like to see is how the Cyberdemon came to be. I want to see the demon it started with and the experiments the UAC did on it with adding a rocket launcher, robotic leg etc.

14 minutes ago, xvertigox said:

I see them as native denizens of Hell rather than human aberrations. I see them walk around Hell with Cacos flying around etc. Same as Barons and HKs.

What I would REALLY like to see is how the Cyberdemon came to be. I want to see the demon it started with and the experiments the UAC did on it with adding a rocket launcher, robotic leg etc.

This is what the Cyberdemon looks like without augmentations.

10 minutes ago, Sir Hattington said:

This is what the Cyberdemon looks like without augmentations.

I'd love to play the Doom and Wolf RPGs. If anyone has links please let me know!

I want to know the lore behind UAC augmenting the Cyberdemon. I'd also love to read books on Hell in the Doom universe. I'd love a series likes Blizzard put out for Diablo 3, get to see a detail bestiary, get to see all the politics and internal strife between demons. We know there's castes so it'd be cool to explore that.