E1M8 UV Max in 2:28-dl18-228.zip

E1M9 UV Max in 1:28-dl19-128.zip

E2M1 UV Max in 1:22-dl21-122.zip

E2M2 UV Max in 3:38-dl22-338.zip

E2M3 UV Max in 2:39-dl23-239.zip

E4M1 Pacifist in 0:22-dl41-022.zip

Edited by lirui1001

Deathless

E1M1 - "Contagion" UV Fast in 1:36.37 (1:36)

E4M1 - "Inhuman Remains" UV Fast in 1:14.37 (1:14)

dle1m1f-136.zip

dle4m1f-114.zip

Been wanting to do Deathless for awhile since a friend recommended I play it recently as he played it on the Switch version not long ago.  Mostly through it and decided it would be great to do some runs!  I saw that there were not many if any UV -fast runs on the table for figured why not take things up a notch and be a pioneer?  These runs are fast and fun, and the -fast flag can make things tricky in unique ways.  I highly recommend anybody who has not play Deathless should do so, Jimmy knocked it out of the park in my opinion and I can't wait to see what he comes up with next! Also the shotgunners rising from the grave on E4M1 is a great touch.

Deathless

E1M2 UV Fast in 2:37.34 (2:37)

dle1m2f-237.zip

This is a nice little map but it is mean with the hitscanners.  It took some practice, and I figured the best strategy was to go for the chaingun and take advantage of infighting in the large room before the exit.  The chaingun helps supplement the shotgun's firepower immensely, and you can get the berserk to top up and take on the pinkies if you are brave.  I tried going for the armor earlier on but it seems much slower as you will be low on shotgun ammo and not have the chaingun to help clear that section.  I tried to shave off some more time but 2:37 seems the best I can get for now.  Proud of another UV Fast run!

Deathless E2M1 UV Fast 2:40.03

dle2m1f-240.zip

Short but painful, and -fast imps in tight spaces can be a nightmare.  As of yet I am not sure if going left for the shotty and dodging the pinkies first, or going for the red key room and trying to get a shotty off of a shotgunner, or infighting the caco with the imps first was the best strategy for this, as of yet I am not sure.  The red key room is tricky with the shotgunners overwatching the entrance and it's best to have some health to blitz passed them.  Cool level and very colorful but more challenging than E1M1 or E4M1, but is it harder then E3M1? I can't say for sure having practiced both of them.  More tight spaces is the difficulty on this map, and length is the difficulty on E3M1 which I hope to complete and try to get a decent time for.  I practiced this awhile and rarely completed this map most likely as a player skill.  This is the best time I was able to get for UV -Fast for now.

Deathless E3M1 UV Fast in 4:00

dle3m1f-400.zip

This is a nice map and does the traditional hell aesthetic well.  The flow is straightforward but does require some loopback to grab secrets.  Pinkies and spectres are prevalent on this map and that can be interesting with fast monsters, but the challenge was good.  Ammo management is key here, but you can get away a bit with low health if you are careful of the floors and grab the armor in the beginning and the berserk pack secret is also useful.  I enjoy this map and I thought it was a great intro to Ep 3 of Deathless.  I can probably get the time down, but I think I am good with letting it stand as it took some practice on and off to get a completion much like E2M1 so I am content to let this stand as a starting place and complete my series of M1 UV Fast deathless runs.

That ZIP file of Deathless at dsdarchive.com should be updated as its maps were updated months ago, with some obvious changes to the geometry.

Deathless E1M3 Sluice Gate - 5:25

UV Fast

dle1m3f-525.zip

This one took some work, but then again so did the others.  I have been enjoying the challenge of UV Fast and while I am not by any means top tier I do feel a sense of accomplishment when I complete a level in Fast.  This is another UV Fast run in Deathless of Sluice Gate which has a nice layout and interesting traps.  With plenty of turbo pinkies trying to rip you up some careful maneuvering and use of the barrels goes a long way, and the rocket launcher is a life saver especially as the ammo in the map tends to get eaten by the pinkies.  Another one for the charts.

Deathless E1M1 Contagion - 12

Nightmare Speed

dle1m1ns-12.zip

More Deathless! This was I time I grinded on a bit and managed to luck out and score 12 on the rounded out time.  Luck plays a big factor here as either the hitscanners just murder you or they infight and miss.  You can grab that switch at the end through the imp a bit but he has a good chance of simply ending you with a face fireball or claw as I usually ended up pretty low on health by this point due to the hitscanners.  The best way it seems to ultimately deal with that imp blocking the exit switch is to luck out a shotgun from a shotgunner between you and the bottom of the ramp to the exit as he often gets caught in an infight and can be finished off or already dead.  I love the design of Jimmy's maps in Deathless and how fun the levels are to play makes me come back for more.

Deathless E1M4 Underflow - 5:58

UV Fast

dle1m1f-558.zip

Finished up E1M4 on Fast.  Alot of pinkies and spectres to contend with like the last map, but you have to fight them in more narrow spaces, and the spectres tend to blend well with the textures of where they are placed (clever) and the room with the armor and three caged spectres is terrifying I found the best trick was to try and just run out and kite them out of the room to give you more space to fight.  This one was slow going for me but plenty of resources were available.  The movement of course is not optimized as this was more a run of completion rather then survival, and my time could definitely be crushed, but I wanted to get another UV Fast completed for this excellent wad.

Deathless E2M2 Snake Alley - 10:02

UV Fast

dle2m2f-1002.zip

Got stuck on E1M5 UV Fast of Deathless so to mix things up a bit I went ahead and did E2M2 on Deathless which is one of my favorites.  The map layout is cool and texture use is wonderful, honestly E2 is probably my favorite in Deathless.  Some challenges with this map is the hitscanners and the cacos.  Pinkies can usually be handled as you get a berserk near the start once you plow through things and generally plenty of room to dictate an engagement with them.  The cacos will sometimes try to go over the level geometry so you might have to lure them back where you can hit them and the hitscanners on fast are of course always ready to shred you, but you can squeeze an invis from the first secret.  While my time on this was a bit longer than I was hoping for I am still happy to get a good completion for this map.

Player:          Eric Claus
Sourceport:       Crispy Doom 5.10.1
IWAD:             Ultimate Doom
PWAD:             Deathless
Author:           James "Jimmy" Paddock
Map:              E2M2: "Snake Alley"
Category:         UV Fast
Time:          8:12.09 (8:12)

dle2m2f-812.zip

Description:  I submitted a time for this run at 10 mins but I wanted to go further.  I managed to get almost 2 minutes down and that was just running the level with a better sense of confidence having it learned it better over a few runs.  The practice paid off and I was using my resources much more efficiently and I never felt short of what I needed to accomplish my objective.  I know with more practice I can get it lower, but I feel this is a good point to leave off for a day's work.  Really love this map I love how Jimmy uses Spectres they are legitly threatening!