Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Bourgeois Megawad, 30 Maps targeting Unity Port - NOW ON IDGAMES!

Recently I started to explore some DM maps on my own. The loneliness and the feeling of oblivion gave me certain feelings of peace and tranquility. It was hard for me to imagine that these were brutal battlegrounds. Even if I don't play DM, I'll keep an eye on this.

Thanks Endless! When I used to wander around lonely DM maps before I discovered internet deathmatch in 2001, I felt the exact same way.

Wow glad to see another prog in the works! I miss dm'ing with y'all and cool to see dk on the team for this one; let me know if you could use an extra body to fra-- help test the maps ;D Also hyped for vanilla-compatible fade ^^

Thanks Fonze! At this rate we should have a new beta ready for testing soon, I’d love to have you in for the next session.

Edited by Doomkid : stupid autocorrect changed Fonze to Fonte, wtf

6 hours ago, Fonze said:

Wow glad to see another prog in the works! I miss dm'ing with y'all and cool to see dk on the team for this one; let me know if you could use an extra body to fra-- help test the maps ;D Also hyped for vanilla-compatible fade ^^

Be sure to let me know if there's any other maps you'd like to see converted... so long as Razgriz or myself are listed as original authors I will see if I can make a reasonable convert, or if not by one of us I'll have to put some thought into remixing (like digitality)

These maps look great! I wish my internet was reliable enough to actually take advantage of this during the day, but I'm excited to check it out during the odd hours of the night, or at least wander the empty maps, dreaming of a more stable connection.

It hasn't been easy demaking some of the UDMF maps. I am not a fan of vanilla mapping, that is for sure. But at least with simple limits it's easy to put out something simple too

WKIGcOv.png

9Dq5zlq.png

Sometimes the demakes actually come out for the better. "Pretending to be Original" was originally made for Don't Be A Bitch Last Man Standing 1, in late 2014, and was replaced by Progduel02: Fade in DBAB Remastered. It really hasn't seen much play time, and is quite ugly

iJS5VCP.png

But I think the vanillafication has done good things for itSI5dSfA.png

We are definitely gonna do this on a Doom II at the Deathmatch club when it's ready ;)

Ah yes, I love the classic look. Even Remade-DM maps should still be a blast! A very interesting experiment indeed...

Thanks for the kind comments!

We're keeping it going, here's some screenshots of new/touched up areas:

VRR38as.png

wlcs0NH.png

h7oh9lt.png

NEx4h1q.png

Some new screenshots of further progress! Decay in particular has been hard at work and the results are looking fantastic:

FnKTNOr.png

wlslW52.png

kUlnSks.png

N3ZjwCI.png

IXhsVmW.png

Here's a download link to the current: (old removed)

Please note that basically everything here is still subject to change, and that maps 06, 12, 27, 29 and 30 are still in an unplayable state.

Hope you like what you're seeing so far, the finish line is within reach!

Edited by Doomkid

dm_000.png.f6708d537c7449f57c76899ed0829195.png

dm_001.png.9a77203de7fb07dda2d748551512fa97.png

We got some HOMs on Map01 while testing with doom2.exe, just FYI. I'll update if I see any other issues.

doom2_001.png.249a39d31857959d27935f58d4c2b11e.png

Tutti frutti on Map10 stairs

doom2_002.png.0ea421977b89fdc741d872afca71d292.png

Also door texture seems kinda janky, idk if that's intentional or not.

doom2_005.png.67d675197502547d4e3781c7ea595116.png

Tutti frutti on Map12

doom2_006.png.0fc863876b814f858069ffcbe20c41cb.png

doom2_007.png.19552f974d0b7db436596c97cb817028.png

Also HUGE HOMs not far from there

EDIT: Actually they're both pretty much everywhere on this map

doom2_013.png.398cd4105df1164e6cf781843a8cc78e.png

HOMs at this teleporter spot on Map28

Also HUG HOMs bug when trying to open the red exit door.