Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

On 8/19/2020 at 8:03 AM, Nihlith said:

Is anyone keen on this video and what is being used here?

[yt] 

I want to play the stuff with the gauntlets all over the place with different weapons. I've searched the titles and there are levels and Brutal Doom but nothing 

I see that I can download to that effect. It's just level's (which I'd love to play) and mod's that don't do what I'm seeing. Does anyone have any idea how to play like this? To play like a paladin with gauntlets and a sword?

How can I become the paladin here? What do I need to download?

Here ..

Link for the mod (brutal doom Shism )or better the place to get it is I'm the description

Introduction:

Not looking for a WAD, but for some very old source ports this time around. I have previously asked this on the ZDoom Forums and in one case the author himself, but he could not help me, therefore, i am taking a shot at luck here aswell, for preservation.

ZDoomCTF:

• This was an early ZDoom port by Karate Chris that added a Capture the Flag system to ZDoom (r893). Only a version 0.1 got released, source code release was planned but never materialized, dated April 9, 2008.

GrbDoom:

• This was an old ZDoom 1.23b33 based source modification by the rather legendary Grubber (who made the ZDoom Community Build, which eventually would play a role in the making of GZDoom). It includes several interesting features regarding custom weapon modifications, but the zip file has been dead in the waters. It had a test wad aswell, pyramid.wad, so its similar to the KGZDoom package in that regard, just older (2004).

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a WAD from the 1990's which I sadly remember only vaguely. Techno/UAC base feel, no replaced resources (at least not graphics), somewhat small spaces (not really claustrophobic, but not a lot of space to run around either). Felt very neatly designed (I'd say about on par with Dante's Inferno), more detailed than original Doom 2 levels, a lot of work was put into aligning textures and such - text file probably mentioned that. Difficult, but because the ammo was sparse, monster numbers weren't high. Iirc it used a lot of Floor lamp or Short techno floor lamp put alongside edges, maybe there were elevators blocked by bars using DOORSTOP, SHAWN2 or a similar texture. Don't remember if it was a series of levels or a single one, sadly.

On 6/9/2015 at 7:12 AM, RottingZombie said:

I've gone searching and posted here and various places before, I've been trying to find a wad I played a couple years ago.

I don't remember if it was doom or doom 2, but it was a set of maps that were very linear and consisted of a series of small square rooms with nice lighting, you would progress through the rooms killing lots of soldiers in the beginning. The only other thing I remember is the rocket sound was replaced with a high-pitched report (like a more brutal bottle-rocket).

I really need to play this again soon.

Five years on, still searching for this wad. Wish I could remember more.

I think this one was a community map project, you started in a large room and would walk into a picture of whatever map you wanted to play.  I think it noted  whether it was boom compatible, gzdoom, vanilla etc.

Sounds like DMP 2016 to me.

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Doomworld_Mega_Project_2016

Anyway, did any of you guys have a copy of this old wad of mine? https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=19708&p=383870&hilit=Venus+mining+facility#p383870

I have a even older version than this one in my possession in my usb external memory...

I'm looking for a pretty old WAD where each level is a different website, and there was a big enemy with a soulsphere head that spammed the SSG sound, some of the levels were duds and instantly were skipped, and the final level had like a lava floor with IoS cubes summoned everywhere?

is there a mod that replaces Doom's music with Andrew Hulshult's ost?

preferably one that supports crispydoom.

On 9/23/2020 at 8:08 AM, Ayayachi said:

I'm looking for a pretty old WAD where each level is a different website, and there was a big enemy with a soulsphere head that spammed the SSG sound, some of the levels were duds and instantly were skipped, and the final level had like a lava floor with IoS cubes summoned everywhere?

Sounds like deathz0r online: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/do-tims

I am looking for a wad (for Doom 1 Episode 1, vanilla-looking), that uses metal remakes of music from Doom 1, in an amiga mod tracker format.

4 hours ago, Diabolución said:

Does someone have pristine and untouched copies of mines.zip, anomaly.zip, farside.zip and trouble.zip as originally posted on the Jim Flynn’s site? I would like to get them for the sake of completeness and for historical reasons.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080718234121/http://home.pacbell.net/jflynn/levels.html

P.S.: I am obviously aware of the /idgames versions.

I think I have the old versions of Anomaly and Farside. Sadly, not in .zips but as seperate .txt and .wad files. Send me a PM if you want them.

It added cigarettes and I think beer or some kind of liquor instead of Health and Armor bonuses. The cigarettes were marlboros. It also changed all the textures. Can't remember the name but a pretty recent one, if I heard the name I'd remember it.

Never mind, I have just realised that @fraggle did mirror the entire site of Jim Flynn. Good job!

https://soulsphere.org/mirrors/jff/

All files match the versions posted on /idgames, save for anomaly.zip. Whilst the contents and time stamps themselves are identical, it seems the uploader of anomaly.zip repacked it and converted the file names to lowercase for some reason.

Mystery solved.

there was a mod from the zdoom forums I used to play a lot that was a collection of 90s and 00s wads, can't for the life of me remember the name though.

3 hours ago, Kool Belzero said:

there was a mod from the zdoom forums I used to play a lot that was a collection of 90s and 00s wads, can't for the life of me remember the name though.

Are you referring to compendium

Ok, this thread is for wads you can't locate as well as ones you remember playing but can't name?  I'm looking for the versions of Simplicity by Agent Spork/Melissa McGee that aren't the ultimate version.  (I thought it certain that were related to American but no link seemingly)

There was a recent one (last two years) that tried to emulate a deus ex stealth-like experience?  I believe it was only the one level.  Lots of zdoom features though not as demanding as boa.