Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

Clippy's new Doom 2 Map - "TOTES CRAZY" - give it a try! (better ending version now included)

I made a new map - links at the bottom

Probablky works best on GZdoom or something close enough to that, basic map format

All difficulty / multiplayer settings supported

132 monsters on UV + 12 secrets

Replaces Map 01 of Doom 2 

UV MAX 100% kills,secrets and items is achievable - I tested it!!

Let me know your thoughts!

>>>

Original version with horrible ending is here ----> http://www.levelgame.net/doom/hole.wad

Updated version with proper, less annoying ending is here ---> http://levelgame.net/doom/hole2.wad

Edited by Clippy : Spelling is hard

1 hour ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Really interesting excercise at infighting at the start, unfortunately I died in the room with a soul sphere.

Thanks friend

Yeah that room can be a bastard run to a safer place

Keep that stick on the ice

Press that save button

Edited by Clippy

i hate you clippy. I had 20 minutes and then i had to go to work. I finally got to the exit and i had more or less 20 seconds to get the fuck out of my house. You know the rest. I was fired. Thanks

Just now, Zolgia108 said:

i hate you clippy. I had 20 minutes and then i had to go to work. I finally got to the exit and i had more or less 20 seconds to get the fuck out of my house. You know the rest. I was fired. Thanks

Lmao thanks for playing buddy

I'll send your boss a fruit basket on your behalf

actually i am the boss, i just fired myself ahahahahaha

EDIT: i ll send you my address for the basket, thanks!

Just now, Zolgia108 said:

actually i am the boss, i just fired myself ahahahahaha

Tough but fair

You are absolutely bonkers and never cease to amaze with your out-of-the-box style and phenomenal mixture of cruelty and generosity with a pinch of trolling for good measure. You push the player's skills to the max and reward them for their tenacity as they explore your cheeky designs and this is no exception. Stylish, challenging and playful to boot. Damn, those arch-vile moments really had me on the ropes. The "joke" at the end got a little tiresome after a while, but still, it is pretty funny. You truly are a madman and I adore you for it. Great job, my friend.

Lots of fun buddy, excellent map. Finally a @Clippy classic map haha, not that I didnt liked "Biohazard" or "Fortress of Secrecy", but those were far from

the usual clippy style. The layout is great and visually better than your previous I think. Action got me engaged until it lasted, I failed 3 runs or so, trying to figure out everything, including secrets of course.

I was confused about a couple of things: The 1st is about the blue textured contaminated area (even some rock floor is damaging). Is there any purpose? does it trigger late secrets? Was really confusing during my first run.

Second is about the arachnotrons fight, since I had different results. It was only during my last run (video) that they teleported to the central area, not sure what triggers that.

Congrats on the map buddy, always a pleasure to 100% them if possible haha.

Thanks @Soulless I'm going to watch it now

The radiation area was just something silly I made there's no real rhyme or reason lol

Oh and the arachnotrans trigger when you press the eyeball switch

12 minutes ago, Clippy said:

The radiation area was just something silly I made there's no real rhyme or reason lol

Oh and the arachnotrans trigger when you press the eyeball switch

Aaaah, surely I didnt press it in the previous runs.

Nice and funny map, i played it and i think heres no bugs.

Finally you did new map :P I wanted to record video for you but i have no recorder to download for free..

- Really good linesdrawing

- Good secrets and monsters usage

I definitly try to inspirate by you thanks!

@Biodegradable thanks for playing my map. I love your videos and you're going in blind method of playing which I also do. Nice to see the initial reactions

I knew that ending would make you laugh haha

@Soulless thank you to you as well. It's also fun to see players that have practiced the maps. I have a few things to say and I'm probably going to forget them all

I like that you use the mancubus at the start for extra monster infighting. also keeping the Barons on that lift to fight the cacodemons. Good strategies employed throughout. You didn't even need that radiation room megasphere. But you did grab the single health potion I left at the bottom of that water pool. I put that there to be a jerk if people wanted to get 100%, they have to work for it haha

Good Times thanks so much for playing

9 minutes ago, Pezl said:

Nice and funny map, i played it and i think heres no bugs.

Finally you did new map :P I wanted to record video for you but i have no recorder to download for free..

- Really good linesdrawing

- Good secrets and monsters usage

I definitly try to inspirate by you thanks!

Thanks buddy

I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out. Usually by now I see things I need to fix but not really in this one

I'm pretty happy with it. Good times 😃

I think I'm somewhere near the end and I think there's a moment where a joke outstays its welcome and this moment was about 10000 switches ago.

1 minute ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I think I'm somewhere near the end and I think there's a moment where a joke outstays its welcome and this moment was about 10000 switches ago.

Psychological torment is part of the challenge 😜

5 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

GIVE THIS MAN A MEDAL. Or something like that. Why did i have to play a pandora box map the only time that i was in a fucking rush?

Something about this map honestly feels incredibly 90's. I think it's the bizarre texturing and the hordes of barons.
I'm not even going to ask what's up with the exit, because I guess that's just a part of the experience, but I have another question. Why do you use MP3 renditions of MIDI tracks as your music replacements? I've noticed you doing the same thing in another one of your maps I played, but it just doesn't really make sense to me.

1 minute ago, Willy W. said:

Something about this map honestly feels incredibly 90's. I think it's the bizarre texturing and the hordes of barons.
I'm not even going to ask what's up with the exit, because I guess that's just a part of the experience, but I have another question. Why do you use MP3 renditions of MIDI tracks as your music replacements? I've noticed you doing the same thing in another one of your maps I played, but it just doesn't really make sense to me.

No real reason it's just the only way that I've learned how to do it

🤷

Overall pretty fun map, my favourite part has to be the opening sequence, it is pretty harsh but it's fun. My only complaints are:

• The spiral staircase in the starting room is too thin and hard to navigate around, just make it a little wider and it's good to go.
  • The final fight felt somewhat random and out of place, I'm glad there's a BFG secret though.
  • Ending sequence with the fake exits, the first two or three buttons were ok, the room with fake doors was annoying but tolerable, everything else was unnecessary, there's nothing fun about pressing hundreds of switches looking for the right one. It doesn't give any particular vibe except for "troll map", which ended the map in a bitter tone than I'd expected.

Final verdict: Pretty great map with interesting progression followed by pointless trolling. 9/10 for everything before that, 1/10 for the trolling. Overall 5/10, don't give it to anyone who knows where you live.

Thanks @Jukaand  @Violentbeetle

I knew the exit thing was a bit much... I just couldn't help myself haha

I promise my next map will have an exit that's a real exit

my video is uploading, and you will hear me laughing and panicking at the same time during the last few minutes. I ll come and get you Clippy! And you also recycled a song! TERRIBLETERRIBLE