Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Artman2004

Cancelled Doom 3 mods?

1 hour ago, Deⓧiaz said:

Deimos Panic (no download link this time) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWCw2PQlGzI) - the mockery russian total conversion (sometime illegally sold in Russia on disks as Doom 3 DLC) where the first map is almost good quality (with scripts and cutscenes!), but all other maps are just trash made in few minutes.

Interesting. The first level is Obi-Wan map01 by Henk Bernhardt. I'm sure they included it without his permission... It's a good opener for an episode, but like you say, the following maps look like trash.

10 hours ago, PaulRazvan95 said:

rsmod.jpg

It was a remake of the Rage of Mages II: Necromancer on the id Tech 4. The author did not finish it for family reasons.

In addition to Deimos Panic, there were also other illegal addons:

- Exorcism

- Hell island

- Nightmare

- Orbital collapse

- Phobos Anomaly

- Fallen Angel

Smary guys. 

There is a mod on ModDb, set in a STALKER like level design, made by them too. That has some nice level design. Cant remember the name

Edit: Silent Shout

Not exactly a mod, but I recently stumbled across a couple of very promising Doom 3 levels that were never released:

It's sad when so much work has been put into it and then it never gets released. Though I can also understand that the author didn't want to release it when it isn't finished 100%.

I'm not sure if this mod was cancelled or not, but LGR covered it in a video of his and I thought it was pretty cool.

DOOM 3...from 2004....running on a Voodoo 2 GPU from 1998.

On 10/5/2020 at 9:40, Artman2004 said:

Escuché que hay un montón de modificaciones canceladas para Doom 3. ¿Conoces alguna?

I do not know some but I think they canceled it because of the mapping and programming, I already think that mapping and programming is surely difficult but hey I don't know that much

Escape from Enemy Mountain is another cancelled mod that has still it's own website: https://enemymountain.weebly.com/

ModDB page: https://www.moddb.com/mods/escape-from-enemy-mountain

There was a demo level released that is still available. Some interesting screenshots on the page. Author wanted to create a map pack losely based on classic Doom levels, but transferred into a Doom 3 hell setting. He also included some custom monsters.

2022749_orig.jpg

On 11/20/2020 at 6:30 AM, Tetzlaff said:

Escape from Enemy Mountain is another cancelled mod that has still it's own website: https://enemymountain.weebly.com/

ModDB page: https://www.moddb.com/mods/escape-from-enemy-mountain

I wondered if this would be mentioned in this thread - that was my mod!  Sadly, it went much the same way as Hexen Edge of Chaos - many of Caffeine Freak's comments in that thread strongly resonated with me.  I got one demo map released in 2011, and when it got to around 2015 I realised that I had started off as a rather inexperienced mapper and wasn't satisfied with most of what I'd done - it had spent almost a decade in development hell and as an all-round product it had a lot of similar issues to Duke Nukem Forever.  The biggest problem was that after a while I decided I wanted to feature a wider range of environments but kept finding that Doom 3 was only well-suited to either techbases or hell, somewhat more so even than vanilla Ultimate Doom.  Around 2013-2015 I experimented with using assets from The Dark Mod, but wasn't too happy with the results there either.

Inspired by the success of the more old-school graphics in Minecraft I decided to return to the original Doom 1/2, a decision which was further reinforced by the release for mappers of assets from OTEX, Hell-Forged, Supercharge and Nash Muhandes's PDA kit.  I do have a fair number of regrets over spending so long on an unfinished project, but I hope the experience will help me to produce something much better for Doom 2 (and I plan to feature Enemy Mountain as a location, but in a role more akin to that of Death Mountain from the Zelda series, rather than as the location of most of the levels).

Edited by ENEMY!!!

Hey @ENEMY!!!, nice that you responded! I think the screenshots from your mod look interesting and atmospheric. I also like the concept - classic Doom maps re-imagined in a Doom 3 hell scenario. The custom monsters are also a nice addition. If you happen to pick it up and finish it eventually, I would be happy to play it!

When I wrote that post above I tried to replay your demo from 2011, but unfortunately the DentonMod file that is included totally fucks up my POV in-game (has something to do with my video card), so I couldn't really play it.

I think it's unlikely unfortunately, as for starters with being somewhat rusty I would have to re-learn a lot of Doom 3 modding stuff (which is much harder now that Doom3World.org isn't around - I relied on that site quite a lot).  But I expect to be coming out with episodic releases for Doom 2 starting in the next year that will see similar custom monsters return, as well as seeing classic Doom maps re-imagined in an OTEX hell scenario.  (I already have most of the custom assets ready).

I see. Regarding doom3world.org, the site has just been relaunched as www.doom3world.com, with many helpful posts and tutorials from the old site transfered to the new forum.

On 5/17/2020 at 9:30 AM, Pankrat said:

In addition to Deimos Panic, there were also other illegal addons:

- Exorcism

- Hell island

- Nightmare

- Orbital collapse

- Phobos Anomaly

- Fallen Angel

You forgot two of those illegal addons, In Hell & Phantasm, both bootleg Doom 3 standalone mod releases from Russia.

Also similar to the Half-Life 2 leak of 2003, the leaked Doom 3 2002 alpha was also bootlegged on cheap CD-R & DVD-R discs in Russia.

On 5/12/2020 at 2:23 PM, Xyz said:

There were 2, one by Obihb, and one by Neurological. 

There was a sequel to Shambler's Castle. Nails of Chthon. 

http://mxl.cz/idtech4/samota.html

Look up on ModDb Hell on Earth. They were doing some progress especially with some enemies like the Imp/Baron and the Unmaker.

No, in all seriousness. If you count the non-ModDB ones alongside the moddb ones you really get a ton. I think it mostly all went down with the release of UDK, and the fall of D3W, where after that you couldn't find any sort of help on how to mod it.

I would like to know more about Nails of Chthon. I've been Googling but I can't seem to find anything. I never understood why there weren't more add ons for Shambler's Castle. @Tetzlaff I remember that nickname from Doom3world, is that correct?

Edited by Sprony

7 hours ago, Sprony said:

@Tetzlaff I remember that nickname from Doom3world, is that correct?

Yes, Doom3world.org was my favorite Doom 3 forum before the place went offline. You were also active there?

19 hours ago, Tetzlaff said:

Yes, Doom3world.org was my favorite Doom 3 forum before the place went offline. You were also active there?

Definitively! Back then I was a moderator at Map-center/Levelmakers and had my own little community over at Leveldesign.nl. I visited Doom3world.org regularly because I was involved with the QuakeRemix mod for a bit while working on my own remake of (E3M9: Warrens). Although I went by the nickname Infernis back then.

So it appears I have answered my own question about Nails of Chthon. It was supposed to be a sequel tot Shambler's Castle and the same people were behind it. Nothing got released and the project has been dead for over a decade. I did find some screenshots through the Waybackmachine.

NTwNdAH.jpg

F62Jofw.jpg

On top of that, I remembered the mod lead from back in the day so we had a little chat on Twitter and he uploaded the never released map he did. Enjoy below!

3 hours ago, Sprony said:

On top of that, I remembered the mod lead from back in the day so we had a little chat on Twitter and he uploaded the never released map he did.

Can we download his map as well? Looks really interesting!

I saved two screenshots back in the day that are probably also from Nails of Chthon. Here they are:

kKFDSJq.jpg

rJ7TTQh.jpg

4 hours ago, Tetzlaff said:

Can we download his map as well? Looks really interesting!

Unfortunately not. He said he was never going to release it. It isn't finished but other than that, he did not specify why. I'm currently tracking down the other two members (who I also know from back in the day) to see if there are more assets to be found. Thank you for sharing those screenshots.

yeah those are from Nails. They had a few more shots but I guess they are lost to time. 

IntoCerberon? A total conversion that mimics Descent.

Was doomii_for_doom3 finished? And Thief?

As far as I know the "Thief" TC can be considered as finished, it's just gets some rare patches from time to time with custom maps.

The Dark Mod (Thief TC) is a standalone game these days afaik

Edited by kristus