Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TenenteZashu

The Slayer had a voice actor in Doom 2016?

I was browsing the doom wiki on fandom.com and I randomly clicked on the doom slayer, scrolled down and noticed that he has a credited voice actor

Cattura.PNG.7de91346116b09625ee569f1ab9aeacb.PNG

As far as I can remember the slayer doesn't even make sounds when hit in 2016, nor he talks in trailers or has voice lines in SnapMap

I looked it up, and I found this from the Fandom on the same page. 

Unlike the first two games, the Doom Slayer never makes any vocal utterances in Doom (2016),

I don't know why they credit Hawkins as the voice actor, but the real answer is that he played the Doom slayer for motion capture, which I found on his Wikipedia page. 

His most recent acting role was as a motion capture actor for id Software's Doom 2016.

That should clear up the confusion, and if you could, I would change that up to just say actor. so nobody else is confused.

the fandom wiki is notoriously terrible, it was abandoned by the original authors and all (more accurate) work has been moved to doomwiki.org ever since. so yeah, doesn't surprise me that they'd mess something like that up.

On 10/3/2020 at 4:31 PM, rustygizzard said:

the fandom wiki is notoriously terrible, it was abandoned by the original authors and all (more accurate) work has been moved to doomwiki.org ever since. so yeah, doesn't surprise me that they'd mess something like that up.

I agree, I have no idea why it even exists anymore when you can just go to doomwiki.org, worst part is, most of the time when you look up stuff about doom, it redirects you there

10 hours ago, Lovin'TheDemonSlaughter said:

I agree, I have no idea why it even exists anymore when you can just go to doomwiki.org, worst part is, most of the time when you look up stuff about doom, it redirects you there

because it is a .com site, so they get paid every time somebody clicks their link. It is used more than the doomwiki, since it has been around longer, so it is used more. the wiki team originally worked at the wikia, but quit after it became all about money.