Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoXion

Rate this rig I'm thinking of buying

I'm sure the issues with crashing will be fixed sooner than later and they'll become more available as soon as all this hype dies off a little bit

On 10/1/2020 at 7:02 PM, Smouths said:

Thought I might chime back in to echo a few pro-AMD sentiments- Intel still leads in gaming benchmarks I'm pretty sure, but you could likely get similar performance and shave a good chunk of cash if you went with an 8-core Ryzen 7 3700x and a decent B450 or x470 motherboard.

Leads only on paper mostly, to my knowledge.

With the new Ryzen CPUs around, Intel only still has the edge, but the steep performance gap was bridged since, the performance difference now is insignificant, meaning they can still squeeze a few more frames and milliseconds here and there, which for most is irrelevant. Intel's dominance in the CPU land has come to an end. AMD's CPUs offer the same performance nowadays, if not more for specific tasks, and for a MUCH better price. In fact I would go as far as to say that going out of your way for an Intel CPU when you can get the same performance elsewhere is a complete waste of money.

I'm definitely going to switch to AMD when it comes to CPUs for my next PC, whenever that will be. What no-one should do is go for AMD GPUs if they depend on OpenGL apps, as their driver support for it is abysmal. Definitely go for NVIDIA there if you need this.