Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

John McAfee Arrested for U.S. Tax Evasion

10 hours ago, Netuno said:

Is his antivirus good atleast?

Nope. Its detection and real-time shields are a joke, and is also infamous for how deep it goes into the system and difficult is to remove. It's bricked OEM installs repeatedly.

Better alternatives exist out there.

10 hours ago, markanini said:

You think evading taxes is worse than what the government regularly does? If you think starting wars all over the world, taking countless lives is cool than keep thinking that way. If you think protecting creeps like Jefferey Epstein is a good thing then by all means keep thinking that. If not maybe you should decide who's side you'd rather be on.

92a2d7c1faf7bf85d79fb0c9001cdac8.jpg.21289ba5f9557ee675c3e4ff589883fa.jpg

Operation Northwoods was a proposed false flag operation against the Cuban government that originated within the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) of the United States government in 1962. The proposals called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) or other U.S. government operatives to both stage and actually commit acts of terrorism against American military and civilian targets,[2] blaming them on the Cuban government, and using it to justify a war against Cuba. The possibilities detailed in the document included the possible assassination of Cuban immigrants, sinking boats of Cuban refugees on the high seas,[2] hijacking planes to be shot down or given the appearance of being shot down,[2] blowing up a U.S. ship, and orchestrating violent terrorism in U.S. cities.[3] The proposals were rejected by President John F. Kennedy.

[...]

Several other proposals were included within Operation Northwoods, including real or simulated actions against various U.S. military and civilian targets. The operation recommended developing a "Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington".

The plan was drafted by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, signed by Chairman Lyman Lemnitzer and sent to the Secretary of Defense. Although part of the U.S. government's anti-communist Cuban Project, Operation Northwoods was never officially accepted; it was authorized by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but then rejected by President John F. Kennedy. According to currently released documentation, none of the operations became active under the auspices of the Operation Northwoods proposals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

NSA Archive if you don't like Wiki: https://nsarchive2.gwu.edu/news/20010430/northwoods.pdf

I couldn't possibly imagine what is legitimately occurring out of public view. 

You'd almost think that mainstream media as a whole is a mind weapon?  Was Twitter and Facebook financed through DoD contracts for the sole purpose of Color Revolutions?  What's currently happening in the United States now?  Attempted Color Revolution by the people whom killed Kennedy?  Lost control in 2016?  2020 attempt of regaining control?

What's this all about?

Edited by Flesh420

Appeal to worse problems fallacy going on right here. The actions of governments do not excuse McAfee in the slightest (and are also off-topic)

Another story, another time.

But oh well, so much for this topic, that signals the beginning of a political discussion in the most mundane sense of the word and the eventual demise of this thread.

A friend of mine made an excellent short documentary on McAfee a few months ago. Be a great way for those who aren't up to speed on the absolute madness that is this man's life and his many insane misadventures.

2 hours ago, Horus said:

Appeal to worse problems fallacy going on right here. The actions of governments do not excuse McAfee in the slightest (and are also off-topic)

If by governments (plural) you mean the one government under discussion, I think you actually do have a point here... as obscure as it may be.

5 minutes ago, AinuTheTaken said:

If by governments (plural) you mean the one government under discussion, I think you actually do have a point here... as obscure as it may be.

My one and only point is that markanini and Flesh420 were both bringing up different, perceptibly 'worse', problems that are irrelevant to the case of McAfee (hence the appeal to worse problems fallacy)

18 hours ago, Netuno said:

It isn't.

And to think before this thread the only thing I knew about this guy was the anti-virus...

17 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Cool. Funny how people who get away with murder often end up going to prison for unrelated things further down the road. (Looking at you, O.J.)

Honestly, it’s kind of a strange yet funny phenomenon when known pieces of shit who should’ve gotten busted for at least one heinous act end up getting busted for another entirely unrelated item.

Possibly the most famous example of this is Al Capone going down for tax evasion, and

wait

John MCAffe is basically Florida Man on a much, much higher budget.
He will probably bail out of jail and we will hear of his new cocaine-fueled adventures pretty soon.

I mean if a rich guy is gonna be doing illegal stuff, it seems much better to be evading taxes and romancing dolphins or whatever McAfee does than doing what Epstein and his buddies (such as gaming titan Bobby Kotick) did/do.

1 hour ago, whirledtsar said:

I mean if a rich guy is gonna be doing illegal stuff, it seems much better to be evading taxes and romancing dolphins or whatever McAfee does than doing what Epstein and his buddies (such as gaming titan Bobby Kotick) did/do.

He has the sickness from Uganda.

23 hours ago, Netuno said:

No. Last independent test I saw even Windows Defender beat it in terms of basic detection capabilities. And while it does not seem to be so bad these days, roughly around the time of Windows 8 approximately 4 out of every 5 computers that came into my shop had performance problems ranging from bad to "this computer is barely functional" that disappeared when I uninstalled it. The worst was an HP i7 that I thought the hard drive was grinding itself into powder initially based on how slow it was starting. But it was actually loading and the guy either had backups or nothing on it (I cannot recall which) so I thought what the hell. Once I finally got into Windows, I found Mcafee using 75% of the CPU.

And also, anytime there is a dedicated uninstall tool for a piece of software, it's probably a good sign that something is not exactly ideal.

Edited by Murdoch

my one experience with the software was that it could take upwards of 5-10 minutes to actually respond if something got blocked by either the antivirus or its included firewall. This was probably around a decade and a half ago, and it's left a sour impression on me so bad I would never touch it again. Like seriously, I'd hit "browse servers" in whatever version of Skulltag was out at that time, but I forgot to allow it in the firewall, so it held the computer hostage for 10 minutes before it finally showed the "The mcafee firewall has blocked this program" prompt allowing me to let it through.

I had no idea about a bunch of this stuff.   I just remember him threatening that people around the world would release a huge wikileaks type of drop if anything happened to him.   And then more recently he might have had coronoa.

All things aside, so far he's arrested in France just for evading taxes in the US?  That's some pretty messed up reach of the Fraudulent Reserve.

11 hours ago, Horus said:

My one and only point is that markanini and Flesh420 were both bringing up different, perceptibly 'worse', problems that are irrelevant to the case of McAfee (hence the appeal to worse problems fallacy)

Irrelevant? Is the IRS not part of the government that's going after him?

Man this dude has had an... interesting life!

Have watched a few documentaries on him and he is completely batshit insane!!!

Depending on how much cash he has left after the years of armed guards, cocaine and hookers, I can definitely see him getting off lightly. Although, he might be so nuts that he decides to represent himself and that would definitely make for some very fun watching :-P

y3VOZLV.png

He might as well eat it but behind bars. xD

But in all seriousness, I never had interest in using their products at all and should stay that way.

1 hour ago, Baratus II said:

But in all seriousness, I never had interest in using their products at all and should stay that way.

He doesn't associate with his Antivirus since forever dude, check this out

My job's computers use McAfee AV, honestly I don't really notice it until it demands I update virus definitions, seems to run fairly unobtrusively other than that. Can't say Ive ever had a virus on my work computer, although it's usually only connected to a private closed network, and if it does go on the net, it's only to trusted IP addresses through vpn's and what not. Work doesn't want us doing much with the computers that isn't work so they're sorta locked down..

10 hours ago, UncleTito said:

He doesn't associate with his Antivirus since forever dude, check this out

"John McAfee is the ANCAP meme personified."

Any description of him doesn't get any more accurate than this YT comment.

9 minutes ago, Zillah said:

ancom.png

When your neighbor violates the NAP by poisoning your violent bloodthirsty pitbulls but you pay a gangster to lodge 2 bullets in the back of his skull as means of equal retaliation