Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Garcia

Can i load Brutal Doom pk3's in Project Brutality ?

Question

I have a lot of Custom Weapons for Brutal Doom, but they don't load when i put Project Brutality. Have anything i can do to load this Custom Weapons in Project Brutality ?

6 answers to this question

Brutal doom and project brutality are pretty much the same thing, if you want those custom weapons to work in PB you need to convert them from BD to PB

5 minutes ago, TenenteZashu said:

Brutal doom and project brutality are pretty much the same thing, if you want those custom weapons to work in PB you need to convert them from BD to PB

You know what i exactly need to change in the Custom Weapon coding ? If you know, please tell me

Just now, Garcia said:

You know what i exactly need to change ? If you know, please tell me

I've never edited any of those mods but I'm sure you'll have to rename the sprites with the same names they use in PB, for example let's say that the shogun's basic sprite is called ''SHOT0'' in PB but in BD it's called ''SHOTG0'' you'd have to rename the sprite to ''SHOT0'' in order to work with PB, also this method works with any wad and also when creating a wad from scratches

2 minutes ago, TenenteZashu said:

I've never edited any of those mods but I'm sure you'll have to rename the sprites with the same names they use in PB, for example let's say that the shogun's basic sprite is called ''SHOT0'' in PB but in BD it's called ''SHOTG0'' you'd have to rename the sprite to ''SHOT0'' in order to work with PB, also this method works with any wad and also when creating a wad from scratches

Obrigado mano !

Depends on the version. PB is built over BD v19. Since v20 weapon scripts were drastically changed to accommodate the new Purist class, so new weapons are unlikely to run on PB's old code. In any case you can try them by changing PB's KEYCONF's lump to include bindings for these weapons, but you may experience lacking features.