Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Doom -1: A Doomworld Experiment

1 minute ago, Rosh Fragger said:

I'm asking someone to host a server for ZDaemon and need the final working version of the wad. Please confirm if this fixes all the issues. 

So MAP22 is beatable then right?

Emm no. This isnt fix all the issues, only fix the Lost Soul and Imp DeHackEd flags

4 minutes ago, KILLA DIO said:

another deadline extension? lets just finish this off honestly

Isnt a deadline extension, im making bugfixes after the official release

Shouldn't we start a new thread?

This is now all a bit confusing as there is already a released version and this version is still developed further.

2 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Shouldn't we start a new thread?

This is now all a bit confusing as there is already a released version and this version is still developed further.

Agreed

12 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

So MAP22 is beatable then right?

I've just played through it from start to finish, and can confirm that it is. It took a bit of head-scratching, though. Also, make sure you avoid the middle of that red pentagram once you've got the red key, unless you like repeated backtracking!

I also noticed that the sides of the exit doors are all missing textures (I'll post this on the bugfix thread.)

The dead corpses of grey imps are not affected by gravity. So they can sometimes float in mid-air if the player shoots a grey imp off a cliff or platform for instance. Can this be fixed somehow too, since we are already at bug-fixes stage now?

Also, please post a link here to the new "Complete Edition" thread if someone makes it. Thanks

I have another weird question that is probably too late to ask now. But why does the Baphomet replace Spider Mastermind and not Romero's head, as it's supposed to be the final boss and is not even used in any other map? SMM could have been used in so many maps. Just a random thought while going through MAP30. 

v5.77 seems pretty ok at the moment. Didn't identify any sprite errors at a glance. All weapons seem to work fine as well with ZDaemon. Baphomet also works normally and is able to be defeated.

10 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

I have another weird question that is probably too late to ask now. But why does the Baphomet replace Spider Mastermind and not Romero's head, as it's supposed to be the final boss and is not even used in any other map? SMM could have been used in so many maps. Just a random thought while going through MAP30.

The spider mastermind have more frames than romero head, the smm haves 31 frames, while romero head only haves 6. I didnt made the baphonet but i think that this is the reason.

14 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

I don’t mind you guys making unofficial bug fixes.

while you're here, can you please upload this on moddb and edit the initial post with a download link to this version if you do? 

10 minutes ago, KILLA DIO said:

while you're here, can you please upload this on moddb and edit the initial post with a download link to this version if you do? 

I don’t know how to upload there, and I’ll post it on the official release when you guys are done fixing it.

Good job on finding those bugs.

I don't understand how the LostSoul could lose the gravity flags, yet the imp corpse gained them(?) They aren't tied together in the DeHacked lump somehow?

Might be a good idea to give it a week or so to find serious bugs before doing the final-final release, though sounds like the worst ones have been found already.

The floating grey imps issue does not occur much because they are mostly located in places where they can't be shot off a cliff/platform. Another question is that can AVs resurrect a floating in mid-air grey imp? :P

Also, we don't really need another new thread if OP doesn't mind us bugfixing the wad in this thread instead.

Edited by Rosh Fragger

1 hour ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Also, make sure you avoid the middle of that red pentagram once you've got the red key, unless you like repeated backtracking!

I haven't tried to fully play that map even once yet so I don't really understand what any of it means. But can you please try to fix the issues with this map and post the version in this thread? As you seem to have a better idea of what's going on with the map :)

22 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

The floating grey imps issue does not occur much because they are mostly located in places where they can't be shot off a cliff/platform. Another question is that can AVs resurrect a floating in mid-air grey imp? :P

Also, we don't really need another new thread if OP doesn't mind us bugfixing the wad in this thread instead.

Ok, i tried to replicate the flying corpose of the grey imp, and i couldn, so i cant fix this. It can be for the hitbox, or another. In wich map you have this bug?

And @Captain Toenail, the lost soul with gravity is already fixed

It's Game of the Year Edition time, folks! Make sure to add a robot playerskin and to release little silly mods (like addons on top of Doom -1) for extra gotyness! I want the goat chainsaw one!