Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Forgotten wad - searching for the authors

Its been a couple of years at least but there was an e1 contest wad done on Newdoom (at least I think it was Newdoom) that was judged by John Romero. I'm looking for the original authors of those whose levels were included in the final megawad. I'm one of them and I think there are about a dozen more. So, if you were one of those people who was involved in that and has a wad in the e1contest wad that I'm talking about, please email me. I need to do a text file for the wad and want to include as many of the original authors as possible.
My email address is interleave1@earthlink.net
tell me (your name) (level number in the contest wad)
Not sure? I put up a page with a single picture from the opening scene of each level here: http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/e1.html
I also included the download in case you need to figure out which level in the megawad is yours.
:-)

Brad_tilf said:

P.s. - I have reliable alternative definitive confirmation that the contest was indeed held by Newdoom.

Uh, it was definetly Doom Center. I helped make the logos for Episode 1 Week so I should know.

Hmmm - according to Phoebus over at Newdoom it was done by them. Maybe there were two?
I don't remember doing it for doomcenter tho
Anyway - I just want to give everyone who worked on the wads credit in a text file so if you were involved - please email me your info.
I don't really care which site hosted the contest.

Brad_tilf said:
Hmmm - according to Phoebus over at Newdoom it was done by them. Maybe there were two?

Maybe it's another one. You can trust Fred and Zarcy on this one. This contest was INDEED held by Doomcenter.

You are correct. It was held by Doomcenter. I did a little hunting around on the Doomcenter site and found the original pages which I have linked to.
Thanks for the help on that one gentleman.
Now - if I could just get the mappers to give me any info they want in a text file - I'd be golden.

Hey, I got a question. If you have a level set from maybe back around 94-95, has a few sprite replacements, wouldn't it be in the combos section? (3Darchives) I'm trying to find this old map (I think it's 11hell.wad or something like that) (one map is starshaped, with brovine plastered everywhere, shotgun replaced by a 'peppergun')

can you give me more info?
I have one somewhere called 11 in hell but thats probably not what you're looking for.
Do you know how many maps?
who made them?

Brad_tilf said:

can you give me more info?
I have one somewhere called 11 in hell but thats probably not what you're looking for.
Do you know how many maps?
who made them?

Not really, THis was when I was about 6, so I only remember bits and pieces but those two really stand out. It was for Doom 1. I don't remember where I got it because my dad got it then.

the only one I can find that has anything similar for a name is 11inhell.wad but thats not fitting your description of having different weaponry or multiple levels

Brad_tilf said:

You are correct. It was held by Doomcenter. I did a little hunting around on the Doomcenter site and found the original pages which I have linked to.
Thanks for the help on that one gentleman.
Now - if I could just get the mappers to give me any info they want in a text file - I'd be golden.

Supposedly you can download the individual maps as well as the pack. Isn't the info you request in the individual ZIPs?

http://www.doomcenter.com/features/features.phtml?id=97526&language=en&page=2

You know, I hadn't even thought of that. Still - they should have had a text file for the complete project. Oh well. Thanks, that idea never occurred to me.

More proof that Phobeus is a dumbass.

Newdoom did hold a contest, bur ir was nothing alike, except that Romero were supposed to judge it but never did. It was a make a Legacy specific wad in a week. None of the maps were worth winning anything more than a used tissue though.