Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Trick and Tear - October Speedmapping (WAD OUT NOW)

For submissions, please post in this format:

Map Name: [ X ]
Author: [ X ]
Music: [ X ]
Sky: [ X ]
Format: [ X ]
Difficulty Settings: [ X ]
Comments:

Screenshots:

Just now, Zolgia108 said:

i am in of course, i am a creep myself so why not!

Awesome! I’m looking forward to seeing your map!

I thought I should also mention to anyone reading that your 8 hours are non consecutive, so you could theoretically spend 30 minutes a day across 16 days to submit a map

Hey! I have never been part of a halloween community project and its for GZDoom... Count me in!

Can my level feature a picture of my ORANGE cat?

Wish Id seen this thread sooner :D

Edited by CBM

57 minutes ago, Austinado said:

Man...im really really thinking on givin a go...i will will think a little more...

cmon m8! let's work together for once!

2 hours ago, Zolgia108 said:

@Austinado a bird told me that if you map for the project then archviles will be allowed just for the two of us.

Alrighty... I think Archies are spooky enough. I'll edit the main post to include them within the roster.

Also, the Zombie Fodder added in the resource uses Zscript and is currently inaccessible in the builder; I'll look for a fix to this when I get the chance.

Edit: I've expanded the rules to allow for maps that don't technically fit within the 'scary' rule. All you have to worry about is making a scary themed map; if you can't make a horror map then don't worry. Just make a map that looks like one.

Oh man, I would love to participate, but im in the proccess of testing my latest map, (big one), and you know how it goes, getting really tired.

If I finish it before planned and I still have time I might give it a go, but thats best case scenario. Anyway Ill be vigilant for the upcoming creations of anyone participating.

Pretty cool screenie @BluePineapple72!

Thank you very much @Soulless! There is always November's event if you feel like skipping this one.

Also, to everyone else: I've updated the resource to include the Zombie Fodder enemy, who was previously not in the builder due to ZScript weirdness.

BIG UPDATE FOR RESOURCE PACK: 

In order to use the zombie fodder enemy defined in ZScript, you will have to load GZDoom.pk3 as a resource. This is incredibly simple and I will instruct you on how to do so. When loading a new map, you can add resources; from this page you have three options: From WAD File, From Directory, and the one we want From PK3/PK7. Click the latter and then navigate to the folder where you keep GZDoom installed. From there you will find a pk3 file of GZDoom. Select it and make sure to exclude this resource from the testing parameters.

With all of that done, you should have access to the Zombie Fodder enemy.

(I may eventually make a third version if I convert this enemy to Decorate to prevent you all from jumping through so many hoops, but for now this band-aid will do. Keep an eye on this thread for that resource.)

Apologies for the inconvenience, but I've updated the resource to version 3, this version doesn't require gzdoom.pk3 as a resource, as the ZombieFodder enemy has been converted to DECORATE.

Here is resource version 3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pqo5xaak1fbzvml/T&T+Resource+v3.zip/file

Big thanks to @RonnieJamesDiner for converting the ZombieFodder Zscript to Decorate

Edited by BluePineapple72

1 hour ago, Austinado said:

Is it mandatory to have more than UV skills?

No. Since you’re speedmapping, I’m more concerned with your building of the level; taking time to change enemy placements based on difficulty is fine, great even, but I think making it mandatory would take away from some mapper’s much needed time to make the level. 

I have the perfect level that can serve as a base for a halloween themed village by using the T&T resource wad.

6 hours ago, CBM said:

I have the perfect level that can serve as a base for a halloween themed village by using the T&T resource wad.

Feel free to use the resource with credit, but since the map in question was already pre built, it can’t qualify as a submission for the event

3 hours ago, BluePineapple72 said:

Feel free to use the resource with credit, but since the map in question was already pre built, it can’t qualify as a submission for the event

ah ok then I will do another from scratch then instead

Question: are you allowed to use the other demons as non-enemies? as in, are they allowed to be present in the map at all even if the player is not able/supposed to fight them?

15 hours ago, EtherBot said:

Question: are you allowed to use the other demons as non-enemies? as in, are they allowed to be present in the map at all even if the player is not able/supposed to fight them?

You can, if they don’t count towards the monster total. Decorative enemies are perfectly fine methinks

So, I took a look into the textures, monsters etc, and I started a little something (just for 30 min), but It might end in nothing.

Depends on how much free time I have this next week.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r658maf1vnpre2k/TheHouse_1.0.zip?dl=1

Map Name: The House
Author: RJD
Music: Custom soundscape (credits in zip)
Sky: none
Format: UDMF
Difficulty Settings: no
Comments: Relies heavily on sound/music, so please turn those up for the best experience. Dynamic lights should also be on. Big thanks to @Tango for playtesting.

Screenshots: I posted a few bigger shots here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2204431

1UI5rd7l.png

Just played "The house", Outstanding, just spechless.

Spooky and raw atmosphere at its best. Menacing 1st entry I would say, really hard to top,

hope im wrong and this event ends with a marvelous set of maps.