Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MRB_Doom

Invasion upon Earth: 1.2

This part of "Invasion upon Earth" will be told from Mark's point of view.

I had successfully entered the hospital, grabbed the firstaid kit and found a nice M30 Combat shotgun from one of the security officer's locker in the barrack building. I'm pretty damn hungry and thirsty at this time, so I need to stop by a resturant or something before I could head back to Mike and that officer from the Pentagon. And as far as I'm concerned, there are only deadly demons running through the country, even the entire earthly world. I was quite terrified about the situation, but still I could feel that I was rather calm too. Mixed with feelings, but determined, I began my trip back to the newsstudio.

Pizza hut I thought. It wasn't that far from were I stood, and hopefully the demons has already abandoned the place.

In the beginning, I ran quietly, so those freaks wouldn't hear me. Every five minutes or so, I could spot a pink demon or one of those horrible floating tomatoes. I didn't want to begin a battle with one of them, because I knew that I was already outnumbered badly. Instead, I continued towards the resturant and began to walk for a while.
After a halfhour of walking, I suddenly saw the good ol' Pizza hut, where I've got some great memories from. Due to the catastrophe, it felt nice to think about something else than those beasts that were invading our home. As I got closer to the building, I suddenly spot something inside. It had brown skin, with grayish prickels sticking out from it's filthy body. I had seen that type of demon before, so I knew that they could spit out fireballs at you. I had to be cautious, because I've never used a gun before. I was alittle frightened, but I slowly opened one of the frontdoors, entering the abandoned resturant. The lights were turned on only at the far back of the place, the other lamps had been broken.

I walked to the kitchen, in order to find some baked pizza with the luck I needed at this point. As I entered the kitchen, I was welcomed with the most disgusting stench I had ever felt in my earthly life. I could also spot blood on the floor and on the walls, but there were no corpses.

Those freaks must've eaten those poor bastards!, I whispered.

I wasn't pleased by the discovery, so I began to feel alittle nauseous. The scene was grim, but my purpose of being here was more important to focus on. I looked inside a fridge, finding a even worse discovery. It was a human head lying inside, with it's eyes open. This made me so nauseous that I threw up and hit the head with the vomit. Quickly I closed the fridge, so I wouldn't get any worse.

I had to sit down for a moment, trying to figure out what to do next. That brown demon I spotted earlier had to be somewhere near me, because they couldn't move that fast actually. It had only gone a few minutes, when I suddenly felt an eerie windblow from outside the kitchen. After focusing my attention to the windblow, I could hear someone or something enter the resturant from the frontdoors. With great anger and stupidity, I rushed quickly out from the kitchen with my shotgun loaded. It was a big, pink demon. It heard me coming out from the kitchen, and turned against me, looking at me with it's hungry, yellow eyes. The demon then charged at me, but I had the advantage. As it kept closing on me, I fired two shells into it's repulsive body, making it scream in agony. It fell to the ground, and died.

I hadn't found any food, but I could still bring back water. I rushed back to the kitchen and searched for bottles. Luckily, I found a pair. I drank some, and went outside. To my suprise, the sky had turned orange. This made me think that I needed to move very fast, because those demons could do anything for all I knew. I ran as fast as I could, only to be welcomed by another event. Rain. But this rain was different, it tasted like blood for some odd reason.

These hellish creatures were beginning to bring their own reality with them!

I was beginning to feel worried about Mike and the officer or whatever his proffession was at the Pentagon. As I was running in the rain, I could spot more demons running around like dummies, but I had to ignore them and continue. The air was very thick with the taste of blood but I couldn't think about that now, I had others matters to attend to. My mind was trying to convince me to stop and figure out why I'm really doing this, but I already had the right answer, so I forced myself to continue anyway.

-

It felt like I was about to go insane, like everything was against me. Maybe those demons can get in to your mind, through telepathy and try to make you become one of them. I had almost no energy left to run like I had been doing for the last ten minutes, when I hit a wall. The air had been turning so thick that I couldn't see anything infront of myself. It was frightening, because a demon could charge towards me at any time, without me knowing it. I had to take a really good look to see if the door was locked or not, but luckily, the door's lock had been crushed. Once I came inside, I realized that I couldn't be alone if the lock's was broken. As I turned around, the lights went out and I could here several weapons being loaded and ready to fire.

The lights inside the building was turned on again, and I found myself rather secure. I was in a room filled with marines, looking strangely at me, as I had been possessed or something.

Are you what you appear to be?, a rough voice asked me.

``Yes, I'm completely human.´´
After my response to whoever asked me, a man approched me. He appeared to be a general or something.

``Let me take a look at your eyes, son.´´
I let him, but I was alittle angry with it aswell....

``After the invasion, those hellish creatures started to bring humans, or should I put it like this; former humans, to their side. They would first kill them, then bite them enough to inject their filthy demonblood into the poor men and women's once human bodies. We couldn't stick around and find out what would happen to them, but we could spot of few while we were fighthing our way trough the demons to this old factory, that they had the same look as those damn demons have. Those eyes only wanted one thing; to eat human flesh. The demons had turned them into zombies, but some had the memories of their training as soldiers. At first, it was difficult to take our own men down, but it was a matter of survival for our own species. We don't even know how the situation is around the globe, but we suspect the worst. I hope that you can understand why we're being so cautious about anyone stepping inside this factory, because this may be our last hidingspot for us. By the way, let me introduce myself. I'm general McAddie.´´

``It's a pleasure, sir.´´

The story is taking shape and I think it's quite original.

But I have a few things to point out and sorry, but I realized that there are some things I ought to have mentioned in an earlier chapter.
I don't think it's too damn wise to refer to the monsters directly as demons as the main character(s) have no way of knowing that they're demons - to their eyes they're just strange aliens. Unlike the doomguy who has been to Hell and experienced it directly with all the damned souls and shit, these people have been wandering about in ignorance until disaster struck and none of them have been into Hell to witness that these demonic looking aliens are in fact demons.

Check your grammar - there's a bit where you switch between past and present tense, don't do that.

And then I notice that you're 'stealing' ideas from me huh? :-P

But anyways, the story seems to be developing nicely, keep going.

What is it that I'm stealing from you? Yes, my grammar isn't as great as a couple of others in here, but I'm trying to develop a quite interesting story. You can do whatever you want with this thread and the previous parts, I don't care.

MRB_Doom said:

What is it that I'm stealing from you? Yes, my grammar isn't as great as a couple of others in here, but I'm trying to develop a quite interesting story. You can do whatever you want with this thread and the previous parts, I don't care.

Hey, hey! Easy there! Jeez, one little comment and people think you're ripping their head off.
I wasn't accusing you of anything - I just meant that there were some ideas that seemed remarkably similar to my ideas. The most notable one was the stuff with the blood rain and the demons bringing their own reality with them.

If you read my Doom: Hell on Earth story (all the released chapters), you'll notice a certain chapter in which blood suddenly falls from the sky and several of the later chapters describe how things begin to seem really fux0red up.

Yes, I have red them and I liked them all, but I didn't seem too accurate about the part where the demons started to mix with Earth's weather condition and so fourth. It just seemed good to fit in in my story.

...my ideas. The most notable one was the stuff with the blood rain and the demons bringing their own reality with them.

Actually the changing of reality is part of the original DOOM2 story. Between level 6 and 7 the intermission-text reads:

But something is wrong. The monsters brought their own reality with them, and the starport`s technology is being subverted by their presence.

BTW, good job MRB_Doom; keep it up!

m0l0t0v said:

Actually the changing of reality is part of the original DOOM2 story. Between level 6 and 7 the intermission-text reads:

Yeah, you tell me - I know just about every story text bit in Doom 1 and Doom 2 by heart, but in the Doom 2 story, all it said was that the starport tech was being fucked up - that's it! Nothing else, finito!
What I did, was taking it a step further, and making it so the link to Hell slowly warped the atmosphere on Earth, first making it possible to rain blood, then making the skies dangerous and unstable. Those are MY own ideas - true, they were based off of the text message from Doom 2 that you quoted, but the ideas of what exactly was altered were largely my own.

And then I see a story in which the author mentions rain that tastes like blood - now doesn't that sound familiar hmmm?

DSM:
...but in the Doom 2 story, all it said was that the starport tech was being fucked up - that's it! Nothing else, finito!

hmm no...
In doom and doom2 levels there are clear signs of the monsters's presence changing reality. A good example of this would be 'Deimos Lab' E2M4. Some areas are filled with human technolgy but also contain obvious hell elements. Another example are the teleporters, which have pantagrams and other 'satanic-like' symbols, obviously not made by man but by demons. Teleporters, elevators, walls, floor, nothing is save for the influences of hell...

making it so the link to Hell slowly warped the atmosphere on Earth, first making it possible to rain blood, then making the skies dangerous and unstable. Those are MY own ideas...

The atmospere changing: this could be argued with the fact that the sky has turned 'strangly orange' when doomguy returns to earth at the end of Doom1. Don`t get me wrong, I think your stories are good and original, but some elements were already in the game (or maybe we just had the same interpretation of it)...

I'm talking about the text screen from Doom 2 so you can forget about Doom 1. And the levels in Doom 2 are all surreal anyways, so it's a little hard to take them too serious. The text doesn't mention anything about changing skies or blood rain - merely that the starport tech is being subverted by the demonic presence and that the demons brought their own reality with them.

The atmospere changing: this could be argued with the fact that the sky has turned 'strangly orange' when doomguy returns to earth at the end of Doom1. Don`t get me wrong, I think your stories are good and original, but some elements were already in the game (or maybe we just had the same interpretation of it)...

True dat, or it's simply because it's in the evening and the sunset makes the skies mostly orange - remember, in Doom 2 there's no sign of an orange sky.

I don't think you're discrediting my stories in any way, but it is beginning to annoy me that *one* little comment I made regarding MRB_Doom seemingly borrowing an idea from me (which I don't really mind - I just felt like pointing it out) has evolved into an argument about it "already being in Doom 2's storyline in the game" and MRB_Doom merely taking ideas from the game.
It may be that MRB_Doom didn't intend to borrow ideas from me and that he did come up with the blood rain idea in this story himself, but I just find it somewhat amusing that the idea is so similar to one of my own - and no, blood rain is not mentioned anywhere in Doom 2 and neither is there any mention about the skies changing (except maybe for the flame barrier over the starport), so you can stop telling me that it's already in Doom 2.

Thanks.