Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roboticmehdi2

Two questions

Hi,

I am interested in the answers of the following two questions:

1) How many hell levels there are in D3, D3ROE and D3 Lost Mission ?

2) Does any of you guys still have and play the original Doom 3 BFG edition ?

Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, Loud Silence said:

BFG Edition is not original, it's remake for kids when compared to original Doom 3. I have original and ROE.

BFG edition is not the original Doom 3, but it is the original of itself.

(There are versions of BFG out there as well, DVD vs steam vs GOG vs etc..)

(I am asking about the original BFG edition)

You comment didn't help me with either of the questions.

This is not D3BFGvsD3.

8 minutes ago, roboticmehdi2 said:

Confusing.

37 minutes ago, roboticmehdi2 said:

Does any of you guys still have and play the original Doom 3 BFG edition ?

"Original Doom 3 or BFG Edition" would be more clear.

17 minutes ago, Loud Silence said:

I have original and ROE.

12 minutes ago, roboticmehdi2 said:

If answer does not help, why you gave that question? I remember only 2 levels in hell (i doubt this will help you either.)

If I'm not mistaken there should be 6 levels in doom 3 that take place in hell (counting boss fights too)

I play the 2004's version, there is no need to explain why

5 minutes ago, Loud Silence said:

Confusing.

D3BFG Edition has versions as well, I ask about pc original, not gog or something.

6 minutes ago, Loud Silence said:

"Original Doom 3 or BFG Edition" would be more clear.

No, that would be less clear by a lot. I ask only about original D3BFG Edition.

7 minutes ago, Loud Silence said:

If answer does not help, why you gave that question?

Answer did not help because it was irrelevant.

And I don't try to fit question based on future unknown to me answer.

10 minutes ago, Loud Silence said:

I remember only 2 levels in hell (i doubt this will help you either.)

Only this answered one of my questions, although partially, and you doubted it  :D

After a quick look on DOOM wiki, for the levels 1 on DOOM 3 (later levels are still on Mars but may carry similar design) 1 on ROE (plus final boss) and 2 on Lost Mission.

As for the BFG, I only have the Steam version and the re-release on the Bethesda launcher. I usually use my source port DOOM BFA to play them.

Don't know how different is the BFGedition to the original Doom 3, but in the original, Hell was just one long level, and then a boss at the end, then corrupted tech base, until a mini hell level with a boss fight at the end.
I unninstaled ROE before playing it as, aside from being awesome, i didn't had the time to play it and i needed the space on the PC.

From what i remmeber, BFG just add a lightflash to the weapons, and make the environments a little brighter.
is there any other change? Added content on the main mission (aside from the lost mission episode)?

2 hours ago, roboticmehdi2 said:

D3BFG Edition has versions as well, I ask about pc original, not gog or something.

No, that would be less clear by a lot. I ask only about original D3BFG Edition.

Only this answered one of my questions, although partially, and you doubted it  :D

Why would the GOG/Steam/Physical editions of D3BFGE be any different? The PC original is Doom 3. BFG Edition is an updated (depending on how you look at it) edition of Doom 3.

As far as I'm aware, all releases of BFGE are identical unless you're talking about modded versions.

4 hours ago, P41R47 said:

is there any other change? Added content on the main mission (aside from the lost mission episode)?

BFG edition also increases the amounts of ammo you get from pickups and adds more to the levels themselves (not that it matters much, the original already gave you too much ammo) and removes some things from ROE.

25 minutes ago, sluggard said:

BFG edition also increases the amounts of ammo you get from pickups and adds more to the levels themselves (not that it matters much, the original already gave you too much ammo) and removes some things from ROE.

Not much gameplay altering from what you say (easier none less), and from what i read on the wiki.
So yes, my answer should work for what the OP asked.

On 10/11/2020 at 4:30 PM, roboticmehdi2 said:

Doom 3 and RoE both have exactly 1 hell level, and Lost Mission has 2 hell levels. But the second level, Hell Outpost, is actually a mix of the ancient Martian temples theme with hellish caves. It's supposed to be an outpost the ancient Martians build in the hell dimension.

There are also some hell themed MP maps as well in RoE multiplayer.

edit: @MadGuy beat me to it.

On 10/11/2020 at 4:57 PM, roboticmehdi2 said:

That definition makes very little sense given you later list various versions of the BFG Edition you refer to, DVD/Steam/GoG.

So by original BFG Edition, i have to assume you mean the original disc-based BFG Edition version as released in 2012.

On 10/11/2020 at 4:57 PM, roboticmehdi2 said:

Then you need to be more concise with what you are asking if you want to avoid folks having to guess as to what you mean't.

On 10/11/2020 at 5:28 PM, roboticmehdi2 said:

Yes, be condescending to people who answer your questions because you find the answer irrelevant! I am certain this will do you a lot of good.

Spoiler

It does not.

1 hour ago, Redneckerz said:

That definition makes very little sense given you later list various versions of the BFG Edition you refer to, DVD/Steam/GoG.

So by original BFG Edition, i have to assume you mean the original disc-based BFG Edition version as released in 2012.

Maybe not to you. Games have versions, BFG edition also has versions, I ask about the original BFG version. What part exactly doesn't make sense to you

Don't assume, thats what I meant. But I didn't write it exactly that way because I didn't know what the original BFG edition version was, steam or dvd or else. Now I know since you wrote that. Thanks.

Then you need to be more concise with what you are asking if you want to avoid folks having to guess as to what you mean't.

I was as clear as it gets, asking about "original BFG edition". No one needs to guess anything, it is as is.

Yes, be condescending to people who answer your questions because you find the answer irrelevant!

The sentence written to me was "If answer does not help, why you gave that question?"

This doesn't make any sense. People usually don't fit questions for the answers. First comes question, then answer, this is simple logic.

Thanks for the answers MadGuy and Tetzlaff.

41 minutes ago, roboticmehdi2 said:

Maybe not to you. Games have versions, BFG edition also has versions, I ask about the original BFG version. What part exactly doesn't make sense to you

The part ''Original BFG Edition''. Everyone is going to assume every version of the game that released in 2012 (So Disc/Steam/GoG) whilst you have reiterated since that you are specifically referring to the Disc-based version of that original release.

But I didn't write it exactly that way because I didn't know what the original BFG edition version was, steam or dvd or else. Now I know since you wrote that. Thanks.

You are welcome.

I was as clear as it gets, asking about "original BFG edition". No one needs to guess anything, it is as is.

It clearly was not clear enough since you literally thank me for a clarification that you weren't aware of.

The sentence written to me was "If answer does not help, why you gave that question?"

This doesn't make any sense. People usually don't fit questions for the answers. First comes question, then answer, this is simple logic.

Because:

• The original Doom 3 is not the BFG Edition. But this was quickly established.
  • The Original BFG Edition can mean any version of the game that shipped in 2012.

So no, his answer is not irrelevant, its an answer given to the best of his extent based on your unclear description of what you tried to say.

On 10/11/2020 at 11:30 AM, roboticmehdi2 said:

Hi,

I am interested in the answers of the following two questions:

2) Does any of you guys still have and play the original Doom 3 BFG edition ?

Thanks in advance.

1: 4 in total (D3 and RoE has one each, LM has two).

2: No, I play OG.

Whatever. Thanks to all who replied. I wasn't sure about hell maps. I always thought it had too many "lab" maps and not enough "hell" maps, just 1 in D3 and 1 in ROE. Great game still. I also play 2004 version, just wanted to ask a few things about the BFG edition. In fact I am so retro oriented that I don't even consider playing Lost mission or the recent 2016/eternal dooms.

On 10/11/2020 at 6:10 PM, P41R47 said:

Don't know how different is the BFGedition to the original Doom 3, but in the original, Hell was just one long level, and then a boss at the end, then corrupted tech base, until a mini hell level with a boss fight at the end.
I unninstaled ROE before playing it as, aside from being awesome, i didn't had the time to play it and i needed the space on the PC.

From what i remmeber, BFG just add a lightflash to the weapons, and make the environments a little brighter.

PDA also no longer pauses the game.