Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ar_e_en

So... I accidentally found out about the game speed options in PrBoom+... send help pls

I was testing a map I was making and noticed that my game was running slower than usual. I thought that my map was too big or too detailed, but it turns out that I accidentally pressed the NumMinus key, which slows your game down. Then I pressed the the NumPlus key several times until the game was running at SUPER SPEED. Doomguy was bouncing off the walls like a child on sugar and cocaine. I had a good laugh about it, but now I need to fix this, because PrBoom+ saved the speed settings when I exited, and now when ever I open PrBoom+ - it runs at the wrong speed.

How do I set the game speed back to the original speed? Do I edit the .cfg file? If I have to edit the file - which line do I change and what value is considered standard?

You can also hit the num pad - botton to slow the game, until you feel it's vainilla. 

I know, that's how I ended up in this mess. I want to set up the speed to be back to normal. Not one above normal, not one below normal, the EXACT setting as it was before I screwed everything up!

You can change that in Options/General/Miscellaneous/Game speed (percentage of normal). It's on the second page of "general".

Setting it to 100 should work.

9 minutes ago, TheEvilGrin said:

You can change that in Options/General/Miscellaneous/Game speed (percentage of normal). It's on the second page of "general".

Setting it to 100 should work.

Thank you!

It's back to normal now!

Damn, I've been using this source port for a few years and only now I am uncovering its secrets!

2 hours ago, Ar_e_en said:

I know, that's how I ended up in this mess. I want to set up the speed to be back to normal. Not one above normal, not one below normal, the EXACT setting as it was before I screwed everything up!

This sounds and reads like - understandable - frustration, but do know that people are willing to help out - Even if the initial answer is not the one you were looking for :)

9 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

This sounds and reads like - understandable - frustration, but do know that people are willing to help out - Even if the initial answer is not the one you were looking for :)

That was not my intention. I am sorry if someone interpreted it like that.

I'm still laughing about Doomguy jumping off the walls like a pinball.